collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Silly request from our local courthouse  (Read 835 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Silly request from our local courthouse
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 06:05:14 PM »
Reminds me of the day I decided to "mess with" a telemarketer. They called and I replied in an old British lady voice. Oh that is nice dearie, would you like to come over for some tea and company. I heard them gasp and hang up immediately, I guess I sounded very convincing. Thanks to Monty Python for teaching me how to do that.    :devious: :devious:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 06:54:18 AM »
I played with a realtor once when I was in my teens. Usually they ask for the homeowner, but this one just launched into "Hi I'm [name] from [company] and I just sold a house in your neighbourhood". I played with him for a while before he figured out I wasn't the owner...never heard someone hang up so fast!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline pineapplecupcake

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • "She'll become a crazy cat lady!...Give her time"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 07:28:02 AM »
My dad doesn't have a middle name, but sometimes he gets junk mail where they made up a middle name for him. The weirdest middle name they've put on the mail was Xavier. I like to think some data entry clerk is having fun making up names somewhere,  haha.  Also, we used to have a very talkative Siamese cat. A telemarketer called while the cat was busy chatting away and the telemarketer guy asked in a scared voice "Is that a lion?" We said yes and he hung up in a flash!
:heart: Thank you to LyraHeartsrtings, Bekuno (adopts) & sunnyrain (avi) :heart:Pineapple Cupcake reference sheet!:heart:

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
Nothing like that, thank goodness. But we moved into this house eight (!) years ago, and were forced to change our phone number. We still get phone calls for the folks who previously had this phone number. Some of them are not even telemarketers, but personal phone calls!

My dad doesn't have a middle name, but sometimes he gets junk mail where they made up a middle name for him. The weirdest middle name they've put on the mail was Xavier. I like to think some data entry clerk is having fun making up names somewhere,  haha.  Also, we used to have a very talkative Siamese cat. A telemarketer called while the cat was busy chatting away and the telemarketer guy asked in a scared voice "Is that a lion?" We said yes and he hung up in a flash!

:lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal