collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Update on My Little real pony. Lol  (Read 1427 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Update on My Little real pony. Lol
« on: May 15, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »

Just an update. School is out in a week and planning to visit a breeder. I do think I've found "My pony" or rather large draft foal. She's the best I've seen in my searching (course I'm biased since I think she is adorable), and I cannot wait to meet her. Hooray!

For those that don't know I've spent basically my entire life on the family farm. In that time I've always had horses, and I used to compete and help train the horses we need and raised ect. When I started teaching I didn't have a lot of time, so the past five years or so I've really only kept my dun/white paint mare D.P.

The last few years I've been all about getting a horse a young one I could train and work with ect. I hadn't done much about it though other than researching and talking to tons of breeders. Last night I finally found one that appealed to me and offered to buy. I'm still waiting to hear from the breeder on the yes or no and making arrangements. I won't say much else since I hate to get all excited and then have a let down!  I didn't breed D.P. This year though and since I'm trying to buy a foal I thought I would have everyone post your foals! Totally wanna see those cuties.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 06:09:48 PM by Maddie »
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Anxious...show me your foals!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »
I have no foals. Only hammy pups. But I look forward to the pics! And good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 11:53:10 AM »
*stalks thread*
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:18:01 PM »
I've had intentions of breeding my Friesian Sport Horse mare ever since I bought her in 2008.  She's a cremello, so double dilute for the cream gene and has one dun gene.  There's a *chance* she carries an agouti gene, but I haven't tested her yet, so don't know that, but I've been eyeballing the handful of red Friesian stallions out there to custom make a palomino Friesian cross for quite a long time.  The good news about how long it's taken me to get around to breeding her is that a new stallion that I really, really like has come up and has foals on the ground now (the other two stallions I'd inquired about had really weird owners... skated around questions, stingy with show records, refused to share photos of offspring because it "didn't matter", but this other owner is very open!).  The bad news about how long it's taken me to get around to breeding her is that I'm now really, *really* fond of her and am reluctant to take any of the risks that go along with breeding her  :huh:  My husband and I have discussed embryo transfer with her and up until recently it was cost-prohibitive to us.  About a year ago, I acquired an OTTB, former recipient mare that solved a big part of that cost, but hubby has an ingrained mistrust of TBs, keeps telling me that she won't move with us if we have to, and it looks as though a move is in our near future. 

I did board at a farm that bred about 3 babies a year for a while.  It was always fun to play with the little ones :)  Can't wait until the day that I have some little hoovies scampering around my farm, too!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 02:39:40 PM »
I've had intentions of breeding my Friesian Sport Horse mare ever since I bought her in 2008.  She's a cremello, so double dilute for the cream gene and has one dun gene.  There's a *chance* she carries an agouti gene, but I haven't tested her yet, so don't know that, but I've been eyeballing the handful of red Friesian stallions out there to custom make a palomino Friesian cross for quite a long time.  The good news about how long it's taken me to get around to breeding her is that a new stallion that I really, really like has come up and has foals on the ground now (the other two stallions I'd inquired about had really weird owners... skated around questions, stingy with show records, refused to share photos of offspring because it "didn't matter", but this other owner is very open!).  The bad news about how long it's taken me to get around to breeding her is that I'm now really, *really* fond of her and am reluctant to take any of the risks that go along with breeding her  :huh:  My husband and I have discussed embryo transfer with her and up until recently it was cost-prohibitive to us.  About a year ago, I acquired an OTTB, former recipient mare that solved a big part of that cost, but hubby has an ingrained mistrust of TBs, keeps telling me that she won't move with us if we have to, and it looks as though a move is in our near future. 

I did board at a farm that bred about 3 babies a year for a while.  It was always fun to play with the little ones :)  Can't wait until the day that I have some little hoovies scampering around my farm, too!

ooh! a cremello Frisian cross would be gorgeous!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 12:22:46 AM »
I saw the pics on FB Kat. How exciting and adorable! Whatever will you do with all those babies?  I'll be in the same boat soon when my guinea pig has her litter, although I still worry if she will make it or not.

Katika: Your mare sounds beautiful! I can imagine your reluctance to bred her. I guess I've always just been used to having the mares bred since with the farm stuff all our mares used to be bred and of course the cattle were bred.  If it makes you feel better there are things that can happen, but you can keep an eye on her and be watchful and hopefully things will go alright. We even had a mare before that the foal got stuck, but we knew she was foaling and were able to get a vet and remove it. Unfortunately the foal didn't make it, but the mare was alright and we didn't want to lose her.

Well, unfortunately I cried a little bit earlier since I'm not sure I'm getting the horse or nto at this point. I don't want to get into details, but the seller wanted to sell this foal along with the dam. I didn't particularly want the dam since she had a few issues, so I just offered for the foal. Someone else had made an offer before me apparently to buy both. Now it's a waiting game to see if that person buys them or if I get the filly.

I know in the end if I don't get her it wasn't meant to be and there are tons of other horses out there, and I'll eventually find one just for me. It's just been a crappy week, and I've had a hard time finding one really is what I want. Again, I totally know I'll find another one, and I wouldn't even be that sad if it hadn't just been a rough week already. -_-

Formerly Maddie

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 01:02:21 PM »
This is weydown lwcus, one of our old ponies as a foal. ( we got him at about 18 months from the lady that bought him) Not my pictures I just stole them from the breeders website but he was soo cute lol

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One of the best horses to train and a heart breaking sale for all concerned. I want another from here in a couple of years they are just suck good temperaments on them and seem to do well in the show ring

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 01:40:11 PM »
You'll get one and it will be perfect and meant to be!

I got a appy weanling back in 09. Always wanted a youngster and kinda worked out. Now I know I should have just bought a three year old instead because I had all the time to train then but over the next couple years had less and less time. He is great but he would have been more broke had he been an older horse and not a baby I could only do so much with.

What breed are you looking at? Bloodlines?Go join one of the horse forums and they may be able to send you in the right direction or someone may have one.

I likely won't go weanling again and will just buy two and three year olds unless it's an amazing deal.

I am an idiot with this phone or I'd post pics. I know I have pics if all three of mine on here.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
Unicorn: he is a cutie. Is he an Arabian?

Joyce: hehe, yeah young ones are a ton of work! I've always liked training best though and would work with five or six goals to riding age at a time. I'll be a bit rusty, so I'm having someone come to watch me work when I start since its been a while for me having trained one. I dunno, I love the challenge of the youngsters. I've actually been talking to a lot of breeders. I've been joining groups and talking to different people for about eight months? I'm just super picky, and I want my horses to look a certain way. :lol: along with the bloodlines.

Well, I think at this point it's bad luck to say too much, but I'm looking at Clydesdales. ^.^

Formerly Maddie

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 04:22:47 AM »
No he is a Welsh section b but I agree some of them look like Arabs  :lol:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »
No he is a Welsh section b but I agree some of them look like Arabs  :lol:
Oh whoops! His head just made me think Arab for some reason!

Dang! I have another breeder that I was talking to about a second horse (yes I'm looking for two lol), and I think I'm not getting that one either. I have some bad horse luck. Lmao, it might make them mad, but I asked them both if they knew other breeders they would suggest. I'm going to find my perfect for me horse/horses!  :P

Formerly Maddie

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 01:19:41 PM »
I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking a breeder if they know someone else reputable - after all, *they* have to introduce new stock every now and then, anyway.  If they're closed lipped, maybe see if you can uncover the origins of any of their breeding stock (or who stables outside studs they may use).  Your horse(s) is/are out there, Maddie!  This isn't the sort of thing you want to get impatient and rush into ;) 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 01:47:56 PM »
I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking a breeder if they know someone else reputable - after all, *they* have to introduce new stock every now and then, anyway.  If they're closed lipped, maybe see if you can uncover the origins of any of their breeding stock (or who stables outside studs they may use).  Your horse(s) is/are out there, Maddie!  This isn't the sort of thing you want to get impatient and rush into ;)
Oh I'm not rushing, lol I've actually been searching on and off for umm gosh five years now? Omg, that sounds so long! :lol:  I just don't particularly like the way  being treated and trying to find someone else that might be a bit more helpful.  ^.^

I'm taking my girl DP off to visit her stud friend in a few weeks, so I at least have one thing going alright! :P

Formerly Maddie

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Update on My Little real pony. Lol
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 06:10:14 PM »
Hooray! Update that makes me excited.