collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 50761 times)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #540 on: June 29, 2015, 07:16:26 AM »
Lol here's an idea. Send the Hasbro reps pictures of some customised ponies that collectors are commissioning, give them ideas of what we really want. :P
I think it's a shame that people were being rude to the booth staff, that's just not on.  :huh:
wait whaaaat? what happened?  :shocked:

I know while I was standing there there was a person giving the hasbro staff absolute hell. I know it's frustrating not to get the releases you want, but that is not the fault of those particular employees.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #541 on: June 29, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
Wish we had more details about it like what they said or what they wanted? Would be interesting to hear, although totally sounds like they didn't go about it the right way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 29, 2015, 07:47:11 AM »
Woah what!? What on earth happened? I didn't see any of this! Shame on those people for being so rude. >_<

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #543 on: June 29, 2015, 07:49:17 AM »
Yeah, the hasbro reps were super nice.  My daughter went over and started playing with all the toys while I was getting something signed and I was horrified.  You know the whole, look but don't touch thing.  But the reps encouraged her to play with everything and even told her to put the remote controlled Pinkie and scooter on the ground and drive her around.  They then chatted with my son about whether he liked ponies or not.  And we talked about San Diego for a while because we're both going to comic con.

I thought that was very sweet too.  When I was looking over the releases Midi picked up some of the toys to have a better look.  I started to tell her to look with her eyes, not hands but the reps said that she could touch any of it.  They were very nice and it is sad to hear that someone gave them a hard time. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 29, 2015, 08:10:44 AM »
That's good that the reps were nice. And being reps from a toy company, it doesn't surprise me at all that they were good with kids too! It would definitely be a shame if people from the company told children to not play with their products! That'd be kind of funny. :lol:

But agreed with everyone else. Shame on the people who were rude. More people need to remember the saying "Don't shoot the messenger" it's not like the reps are the ones in charge of all the toy productions. I get not liking the exclusive or being frustrated with lack of releases of products that they like...but being rude to people who aren't in charge of such things is a really immature way to deal with that. :huh:

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 29, 2015, 08:10:49 AM »
I think the Exclusive is cute, but not worth $50. The packaging is hilarious though XD

It's a shame to hear that people said mean things to the reps. Even if they didn't give them what they wanted, it's rude to complain about it to the reps in a mean tone. The MLP fandom has many parts to it and it's impossible to make everyone happy.
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 29, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »
Lol here's an idea. Send the Hasbro reps pictures of some customised ponies that collectors are commissioning, give them ideas of what we really want. :P
I think it's a shame that people were being rude to the booth staff, that's just not on.  :huh:
wait whaaaat? what happened?  :shocked:

I know while I was standing there there was a person giving the hasbro staff absolute hell. I know it's frustrating not to get the releases you want, but that is not the fault of those particular employees.

Wow that is too bad!  Those people should be ashamed of themselves.

Post Merge: June 29, 2015, 08:50:14 AM

I was talking to the rep from Hasbro and mentioned that I'd been hearing lots of people say they had hoped she was flutter bat.  And she was like 'Oh that's a great idea.'  So next year?  ;)

Like I said I actually really like her.  She's adorable.  And I don't think that $50 is totally over priced at $50.  The details in her costume are great and she's so cute.

I had Andrea Libman sin her too.  So now she's a bit more special.

And can we please nip Flutterbat in the bud? I don't understand why so many people adore her. I found that entire episode just ugh. Maybe if they had a go at Twilight (the books, I should clarify) at the same time, made her extra pale yellow and covered her entirely in glitter...!  :lol:

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinions- so no, I don't think so. 

Personally I think Flutterbat is cute, and I think the Chicken Pinkie is cute too.  I certainly wouldn't give the Hasbro reps or artists that showed up at the fair a hard time about the choice of the Hasbro SDCC exclusive.  What on earth are people thinking?  Do they want an apology or something?   I'm glad I wasn't there I would have been embarrassed and horrified to hear such things.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:50:14 AM by Galactica »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 29, 2015, 12:14:07 PM »
The sad thing it was probably collectors since this is something most bronies would like. That might even be why they were rude because some people are touchy that they been collectors since childhood and this is clearly more aimed at bronies than them. It's sad to see the Fair getting tainted by the "us vs them" stuff.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 29, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »
The teaser picture they released scares me a bit, how they hinted at 6 ponies but only made 1... certainly the next 5 years exclusives aren't going to be more mane 6 rereleases with new outfits?

And yikes, people were being rude to the hasbro reps? It's not their faults. They didn't design the exclusive, they're just representatives of the company.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 29, 2015, 03:10:53 PM »
No Pony Funko Vinyls for SDCC either. And it's not looking too good for the Equestria Girls either.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 29, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »
I'm really surprised there will be no Funko exclusive...I thought that line was doing pretty well.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #551 on: June 29, 2015, 04:07:04 PM »
I'm really surprised there will be no Funko exclusive...I thought that line was doing pretty well.

Super disappointing but I think it's because they made too many figures last year and those two sucked so no one wanted them, so funko decided not to do another this year :(

For Sale Wants

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #552 on: June 29, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »
I'm surprised at no funko exclusive :/ I hope there's an equestria girl exclusive otherwise sdcc this year is looking pretty disappointing from the pony angle

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 29, 2015, 04:39:51 PM »
Me too. I thought the funko line was still doing ok too, but I don't think the sdcc variants ever did that well. It's still sad there isn't one at all though.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 29, 2015, 04:46:35 PM »
Me too. I thought the funko line was still doing ok too, but I don't think the sdcc variants ever did that well. It's still sad there isn't one at all though.

The SDCC variants didn't do well because they were just black recolors of the regular ones. If they did glow in the dark or flocked or metallic I think they would have been liked more.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal