collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Feeling very. . .vindicated ( Stupid car blah blah )  (Read 845 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Re: Feeling very. . .vindicated ( Stupid car blah blah )
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 04:48:18 PM »
My roommate and I were talking the piss out of a stupid cambered Lexus in front of us the other day.  Absolutely stupid, and an overpriced Toyota, basically.  We got a few that blow through our complex, though the kid on his crotch rocket is the worst.  Every night at 2am, he blows through with it.  Ugh. 

Mustang drivers in our town/city/area are bad too.  :P  Sorry, I respect a nice Mustang driver and such, but the ones here are all rednecks who think they're so cool with their sun-rotted 'stang with various deco ripped off or taped on.  Now that the new Camaro is out, we've taken joy to making fun of those too.  XD

There is a light tan, almost porcelain-bisque colored 73 Grand Am running around here, and she's pretty clean and straight, the front fiberglass was even intact!  Though there is a place that does make reproduction front fenders now, phew! 

Roommate's family has a ratty 88 Bird, so does that count?  She said she'd take either a Bird or a Fiero with a 3800 or a Northstar dropped in it.

Being in a beach/resort town, I get to see a lot of fun stuff.  I can say I've actually seen a REAL 69 Trans Am, oh was that a treat, and there are two 63 Corvettes running about too.  TWO, with the original back windows intact!  There's a very nice 68 Bird in town too, convertible, but the rims are a bit ridiculous on it. 

I've had the idea to tag the hood a bit, paint some black smoke coming out of the chicken's mouth and put a googly eye on it.  For giggles.  The hood is probably going to need to be replaced, you can just BARELY see in the photos that it isn't even.  These things have such long hoods on them that they have to be shut very carefully.  Someone didn't.  It's bent there, and my dad and I are aren't entirely confident we can fix it, and at the same whack, I want the dual intake on it too.  I'm keeping her ( Estelle is my bird's name ) hood none the less, thought when I get a house, I'll build a small bar in the house, and use the hood as a cover for a really neat home stereo system.  ;) 

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 07:41:29 PM »
Hey now, be nice to Mustang owners.  I've got two of them. :P  As for the Camaro, GM brought back the wrong pony car.  What did the Bandit drive?  '77 Trans Am.  What did Michael Knight cruise around in?  '82 Trans Am.  How many famous Camaros are there?  Bumblebee.  But he doesn't count because he came out after they brought the Camaro back.

The Northstar swap is pretty popular on Fieros these days.  If it helps keep them from being turned into faux-rraris than I'm all for it.  I also hate it when people put bling wheels on classic cars.  That's probably my #1 pet peeve when it comes to cars.  20"s do not belong on a 1957 Thunderbird or a 1969 Dodge Charger any more than a set of Cragars belongs on a minivan.

I see the bowing in the hood.  Sorry to see that, but I love your idea for a stereo system. ;)  I like the stock hood better than the dual intakes, but only because I love seeing the Screamin' Chicken. ;)
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 08:05:13 PM »
As I said, I'm nice to the ones that take care of their cars and don't drive like morons, hahahaha. 

And yeah, GM really messed up with bringing out the Camaro and not the Firebird, and killing Pontiac in general but keeping Cadillac AND Buick.  What gives?!  And Bumblebee doubly doesn't count because he started life out as a VW bug.  I was fine with GM nixing all the different billions of rebranded Pontiacs, really, but the G8 is/was a fantastic flipping car, and Holden fans were so happy as well to be getting a Commodore.  They had NO selling problems with the G8!  I would've been fine with a three model line up - Firebird, G8(but rename it the GTO, which it had been the previous generation), and Grand Prix maybe Grand Am ( Really, renaming it to the G6 and making it boring looking?  Ugh.  )  The thing was Pontiac had consistently outsold every line in GM but for Chevrolet, but they got the axe?  Ffffff.  At the same time, I really hate the current Camaro body, it looks like its on steroids.  I don't want to see a Firebird on that body.  Gross. 

The Northstar is a fabulous engine, we briefly had a Cadillac with that engine in it, and oh man, that thing purred and it did haul.  If it could haul a boat of a Cadillac, think what it could do for a Fiero. . .  Fuuuuuuuuuun. 

I do like my cars almost on the ground, but not dragging or anything, with maybe a bit of shackling in the back.  I muuuuuch like the stock GA GT stance over my GA SE's stance, so big rims are just eeehhhhh, no.  I feel bad for all the Skylarks and Cutlasses out there. . .  Just no. 

With the stereo system, I was going to have it hinged too with a mechanism.  We have a couple other little automotive goodness to theme the our future home bar too.  My roommate used to drive a Toyota Celica.  Yeah.  No.  Well, the thing got put out of its misery by a texting teenager at about 40mph up its rear end in a 30mph zone.  Anyways, the spoiler popped out, slammed into the girl's windshield and shattered it, before careening 100yards down the street.  It was like the car fought back, so. . .  We kept the spoiler.  We'll hang it up somewhere for memory's sake, hahaha.  It's about the only thing funny to come out of that wreck. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal