collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird Job Interview Questions  (Read 2036 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Job Interview Questions
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »
No weird questions, but a weird interview in general. I recently got hired on at a theater and the guy who interviewed me had all... four questions he asked written in pencil on a piece of lined paper, like school notes. It felt very much more casual than I was expecting! I guess I'm used to these retail/part time jobs all acting like they're so much more professional and fancy than they are. The lack of BS is confusing haha. But hey I got the job! And it seems like a nice place to work. (And yay money, maybe I'll even be able to pick up collecting again! It's been years!)
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 08:17:11 PM »
I can't recall any "weird or strange" questions, but I once was asked a couple of the mother load NO questions in an interview; "Are you married? Do you have kids? and Are you planning on having any soon?"  :crazy:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Aret-dragonrider

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 11:37:38 AM »
I had an interview a couple of months ago and the final question I asked was "Do you like dogs?". Threw me somewhat as it was an office job for a tyre company! Turns out they had an office dog, but when you prepare yourself for all sorts of role based & employment history questions, the last thing you expect is an everyday question that would have no place in an interview unless the company has something to do with animals!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 12:25:43 AM »
I can't recall any "weird or strange" questions, but I once was asked a couple of the mother load NO questions in an interview; "Are you married? Do you have kids? and Are you planning on having any soon?"  :crazy:

Nice how they throw those illegal questions in there. I had an interviewer make a statement to me that demonstrated illegal hiring practices. He told me that out of all the candidates who submitted applications he selected me as the sole candidate to interview to be his assistant because I was the only male, which he said would allow him to regard me as more of an equal than if he hired a woman. The guy was an attorney with a private practice who needed a receptionist while his wife did the bookkeeping. I lasted there 2 days.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2015, 02:55:59 PM »
I can't confirm it, but I've heard that Walmart asks something along the lines of, "Did you witness your father's death? If so, do you feel responsible for it?" I'm... sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to become Simba for this job.

If i saw that.....i would just not finish the interview. I would run out and leave.....never shop at that place ever again!  :cry: (is real-life Simba)

My response would be a total dead-pan, stare in the eyes, with venom.  "Yes, I did, actually. It was not my fault. Would you like me to detail for you what it is like to stand there and watch someone fight for their last breath, writhing in pain, while multiple doctors try to save their life, and nurses try to bustle you out of the room? Would you like to know what the following months and years are like too? Watching your mother grieve and your brother struggle with the horror of it." Then slap on my fake cheerful happy voice. "My turn! What is it like knowing you are responsible for ruining someone's week by dredging up a bad memory that never goes away and is only bearable when you can keep busy enough to avoid thinking about it?"

And that suicide question is beyond inappropriate. Seriously. "Yes, I do think about suicide. Every day. Would. You. Like. To. Know. WHY?!"  Then I would take my response to their superior, and keep going up the ladder until I had tore a strip off every person I came to, until I completely ran out of energy. That is the most thoughtless question I have ever heard. I'm tempted to apply at walmart just to go through the interview process so I can have someone ask me that question! Who wants to bet I can't make them leave the room in tears?

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »

Nice how they throw those illegal questions in there. I had an interviewer make a statement to me that demonstrated illegal hiring practices. He told me that out of all the candidates who submitted applications he selected me as the sole candidate to interview to be his assistant because I was the only male, which he said would allow him to regard me as more of an equal than if he hired a woman. The guy was an attorney with a private practice who needed a receptionist while his wife did the bookkeeping. I lasted there 2 days.

It's funny how you mention illegal questions, because I totally called them on that.. I was so taken aback I laughed uncomfortably and said "Oh, I thought these were illegal questions to ask in Canada in an interview" and they told me they "had" to ask because they didn't want to spend all this time and money on me for training just to go on Mat leave 6 months down the road. 
Doesn't make it any more illegal...  :nuts:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal