collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Breaking hair on all four Avon exclusive G3 ponies! *edit. and Baby Romperooni!  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram

>_< come on everyone its not the end of the world.I for refuse to stop geting a bunch of ponys just
from whats said here.and if look you at other topics you will see a few that are in good shape.I say we can try to find why it happens and try to stop it  I just a pony with a little dry hair and its just fine gloon and doom topics where you say so many ponys are like this DOES NOT HELP.

I'm hoping this post is more informative than moaning. If people would like to check their own ponies then it's up to them. The fact is that some people will find this problem and others will not. Perhaps there's a solution that isn't rehairing but until that time healthy discussion is all we have.

an obvious solution would be rehairing. If you have a better solution please share it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
For me the most concerning thing about this is the sheer number of G3 on the second hand market which are literal time bombs for hair loss. Much as it is heartbreaking and devastating to happen to a collector's pony, esp a much loved one, what terrifies me is the potential for kids to pick these up at a second hand sale and have the hair come off when they are simply playing with them. I almost think it an issue Hasbro should not only be aware of but helping to resolve, since it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Just hoping that the cheaper G4 currently on release in the US are not rooted with similarly brittle hair, too...
Yikes, I hadn't thought about this occurring to G4s in the future.  I seriously hope that the bad hair has been put out of production by now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hasbro's not going to do anything about it - toys don't come with warranties, and as long as they outlive the expected use cycle (which is maybe a few years, for most toys these days) parents won't complain and thus it doesn't affect their bottom line.  In fact, toys that wear out may well improve it, since it incentives buying new ones rather than passing on older toys.  That said, I doubt it was a deliberate planned obsolescence choice by Hasbro, but rather a cost cutting measure.  Cheaper materials keeps their profits up.

G4 is likely to have /more/ issues than G3, and those issues will show up sooner.  We've already seen plenty of evidence of this.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal