collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just how much is Ice Crystal worth?  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Just how much is Ice Crystal worth?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 07:42:12 PM »
And, maybe, some UK collectors are into him too because of the comic characters the MBs had, he's probably the only one who was really sane (maybe Lightning was, depends).

Wow, now I'm really curious. What were the Mountain Boys' personalities in the comics?

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »
I paid about $120 for the one I bought at the fair last year.  I thought that was a little overpriced because he has a forelock trim, but I really wanted him and it is a tiny trim.  Otherwise he's fairly mint though.  =)  He had been my grail for a few years.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 09:37:20 AM »
I've only seen him for sale once it was a bidding frenzy and he was already headed for the 300 dollar mark. Crazy! He's awesome though just not triple digits awesome
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 10:36:23 AM »
I just got mine for $70 with forelock buzzed, tail rust, a minor eye rub, frizzy tail and discolouration around the feathers.  Since he had a buzzed forelock I though it was worth opening him up and killing two birds with one stone.  That went smoothly with hot water.  So I fixed the tail rust and replaced his forelock with donor hair.  I didn't put quite enough in the plugs to my eye but I think on balance it was better than risk splitting a plug in this sensitive area as they are quite widely spaced.  Instead of chucking out the rusty washer I sanded it down and coated it with two coats of polyurethane varnish, hopefully it will keep the rust at bay as it was only small patches that were affected. I'm really picky about how I restore ponies and I think on balance these interventions were worth doing as I have made minimal changes and he now looks NM at casual inspection.  I used a little magic eraser on the feathers and you would only notice a slight discoloration now if viewed in bright daylight.  Overall I'm ecstatic.  I should post a brag but I'm moving house soon. Thank you Berrymouse!! :hug:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 11:21:54 AM »
^ He sounds gorgeous.   Ice Crystal is one of the few boy ponies I really wish I owned.   His colors are gorgeous and his symbol is also very pretty.  I could see myself getting into a bidding war over him.   :P
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »
And, maybe, some UK collectors are into him too because of the comic characters the MBs had, he's probably the only one who was really sane (maybe Lightning was, depends).

Wow, now I'm really curious. What were the Mountain Boys' personalities in the comics?

I have one of the stories with them in uploaded somewhere, I'll find the link - although the story I always remember was Fireball's Flapdoodle, where Fireball's getting into a total control freak paddy about something and Ice Crystal chills him out by making ice slides that send him round in circles.

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/mlp_comic.htm
Under 1987 on here is the intro story for the Mountain Boys. I don't have the flapdoodle story scanned, sadly.

Lightning was pretty sane, but I always see him as flirting with Confetti in a couple of stories xD. He could wink in and out as well.

Fireball was a bit neurotic about how things got done. Impatient, always in a hurry about everything.

Thundercloud was really smart, but spent a lot of his time buddy buddy with the wizard in the mountain. He might also have been part of discovering the MerryGoRound ponies I think, with Twirler - so I guess he did leave Misty Mountain sometimes too.

Tornado was the most annoying of them IMO. He was always finishing people's sentences for them, interrupting and such like.

Sunburst was Mr Happy. Literally Mr Brightside xD.

I always think of Ice Crystal just being the normal regular guy of the bunch, down to earth and stuff xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »
My guy has a full hair cut, but it's the same length as the ponies that have the semi short hair, so it doesn't look back.  I only noticed it after I got my Tornado who's hair is a bit longer.  His forelock much have been trimmed to match.
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 06:00:36 PM »

I have one of the stories with them in uploaded somewhere, I'll find the link - although the story I always remember was Fireball's Flapdoodle, where Fireball's getting into a total control freak paddy about something and Ice Crystal chills him out by making ice slides that send him round in circles.

Under 1987 on here is the intro story for the Mountain Boys. I don't have the flapdoodle story scanned, sadly.

Lightning was pretty sane, but I always see him as flirting with Confetti in a couple of stories xD. He could wink in and out as well.

Fireball was a bit neurotic about how things got done. Impatient, always in a hurry about everything.

Thundercloud was really smart, but spent a lot of his time buddy buddy with the wizard in the mountain. He might also have been part of discovering the MerryGoRound ponies I think, with Twirler - so I guess he did leave Misty Mountain sometimes too.

Tornado was the most annoying of them IMO. He was always finishing people's sentences for them, interrupting and such like.

I always think of Ice Crystal just being the normal regular guy of the bunch, down to earth and stuff xD.

LOL. That story definitely sounds amusing.

Tornado does sound annoying. Sunburst could be too, I imagine. Cheerfulness is good, but sometimes enough is enough!

Thanks; I'll have to check out the intro story!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »

That's pretty cool
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »
Fireball is the last one I'm hoping to find, I would love to get him!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal