collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite way to watch a movie?

At an IMAX theater, bigger is always better
21 (7%)
At a theater, nothing beats the big-screen experience
92 (30.9%)
On my television, it's better than the noise and cost of the theater
143 (48%)
On my computer, I've got a nice big monitor and good sound
12 (4%)
On my laptop or a tablet, portable but not too small of a screen
28 (9.4%)
On my phone, I like taking my movies everywhere I go
2 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author Topic: A night at the movies  (Read 4722 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
A night at the movies
« on: May 02, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »
:popcorn: :soda:

I'm not sure what my favorite movie watching method is, but my typical way is to watch it on a tablet while laying down in bed in the evening. After that, my next choice would be watching it on TV.

I don't watch too often at a theater because a) too expensive b) they don't play movies I'm interested in.

I've had one IMAX experience, though, and it was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind doing it again someday.

Computer? Not too often because I usually am distracted by the compulsion to web surf and type stuffs. :arena:

My least favorite choice would be watching on a phone or otherwise small screen. :search: My eyes would murder me.

How's about you? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
Re: A night at the movies
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »
I'm the same as you Stomper. I love watching movies on my tablet in bed. Since we only have one tv in our house I often do it while my hubby watches all of the sports that he likes lol.

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 05:51:54 PM »
I like the cinema. Which is ironic, actually, considering for most of my childhood the noise/smells of the cinema was something I was afraid of. But now I love going.

I like watching on my TV too, though. Hate watching anything on PC. Tablet is ok, but TV is preferred if not at the cinema.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 06:02:07 PM »
TV, we just inherited a speaker system so we can go LOUD.  Note to self: must check out how Vader sounds this way. 
I also like watching Netflix on my Fire.  Mostly on mute and captioned as usually daughter/hubby is doing something as well.  Orange Is The New Black is best watched this way with a 9 yr old in the room.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 06:39:18 PM »
I prefer to watch movies at home on my TV. For some reason, I always feel a bit phobic in theatres. I think because I'm always quite restless and fidgety. When I watch a film at home I'm always up and down in and out of the room. Need something to occupy my hands with too. Hard to do that in a theatre!

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
Usually I'll watch movies on my laptop or TV (using the PS3, normally) but I do enjoy the theater experience just because I love going with friends!

And I know this isn't an option, probably because Pennsylvania is one of the few places left with these, but the drive-in is probably my absolute favorite way to watch movies.  You can bring your own food, you get two movies for less than the price of one at the movie theater AND you can sit comfortably in the back of your car- my fiance has a car with a hatch-back so we just lift up the trunk door up, lay the back seats down, spread out a blanket with some pillows and get comfy.  Or you can set up a picnic outside!  We live five minutes away from a drive-in, so we do this a lot over the summer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:42:08 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »
I got to experience a drive-in when I was a kid! Too bad I was too young to appreciate it fully, and also didn't know those days were ending as they fell out of favor. My first time was my last time. But it would be neat to go to one again. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »
^ I miss having a drive-in so much.  They are perfect in everything.

I love the movie theater but only if its a good movie.  If it's only so-so, it's frustrating to be trapped there.  My tie favorite is TV, only because it's still a good sized screen but I can also pause or end the movie whenever I want.

I can't watch a movie on my phone simply because I end up playing video games or surfing instead.   :P
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 08:13:35 PM »
I only like going to the movies as a social experience with friends or family. If I'm just going to watch it by myself I'd rather be able to stay in my jammies. I won't even bother going to the free movies in the student lounge if my friends aren't joining me. I hope I get a chance to go to the drive in with my family over the summer.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 08:14:29 PM »
I only like going to the movies as a social experience with friends or family. If I'm just going to watch it by myself I'd rather be able to stay in my jammies so I'll watch it on my TV that is connected to my computer. I won't even bother going to the free movies in the student lounge if my friends aren't joining me. I hope I get a chance to go to the drive in with my family over the summer.

Ooops I replied instead of editing.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »
For me it really depends on my mood and the movie.

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »
I love going to the theater, especially when I can go with my hubby.  :P Company is always great, but I've always wanted to experience what it is like to go by myself.
There is so much excitement and elegance about a theater, its intoxicating (and food is very over priced).

Second most favorite thing to do is hunker down and watch a good one on the TV. Very convenient, can eat lots of cheap food in the comfort of home.
A tie with the second is PC watching. I think I might be the only one who likes to watch stuff on their laptop.  :blush:

I would love to try to watch stuff on a tablet, but I would never try something like that on my phone, I get way too many text messages.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 08:41:34 PM »
I like going to the movies, but only for movies I'm super pumped about... Its just too darn expensive and there are very inconsiderate people who can ruin the whole experience (talkers, texters with their bright-ass screens etc.)
I'd much rather wait and watch the movie at home... We don't have a TV, but we do have a 9x11ft projection screen so its like being at the big screen  :lol:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 09:38:05 PM »
I am such a cinephile. I LOVE movies. I love good movies, I love bad movies. Bring 'em on.

My favorite way is to go to the theater. Especially since our theater had a major make-over recently and they have these huge, comfy recliners with TONS of elbow room and foot room. Its PERFECT. I love the trailers before the film and I love the energy of the audience, especially for opening day.

Even though we have surround sound and a new 65" 4K flatscreen (that I LOVE), I still adore the theater experience. We have a drive-in here in Oregon but I've never gone with my kids. I just imagine it being a fiasco with my boys (8 & 11) and its an hour drive away so I'd be driving back at 2 a.m.

(We saw Age of Ultron yesterday and it was AMAZING.)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 09:40:58 PM »
I like a movie theater. I can't concentrate on movies at home usually, especially on a computer/mobile device. I can never just sit there and watch. Gotta be browsing online.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal