collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rarest and most expensive G1 Ponies(US released)  (Read 6872 times)

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
Re: Rarest and most expensive G1 Ponies(US released)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
Oh yes, Baby Sugarcake and Baby Gametime. I've seen them for $350-$550.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*Jaw drops*

That cutie is going for THAT much?

Well, there goes my hope of being able to replace her in my collection...

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »
Oh yes, Baby Sugarcake and Baby Gametime. I've seen them for $350-$550.

*Jaw drops*

That cutie is going for THAT much?

Well, there goes my hope of being able to replace her in my collection...

Knowing you had that pony as a kid must make it feel so much worse... Sorry I'm not helping! haha

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 04:16:01 PM »
those are the ones with the balloon animals???  Oh man I love those little ones sooo much.  I remember seeing them at my friends' house with Hollywood, 'Punzie and soooo many flutters with their wings.  This was when I was 5.  As far as I know she only kept Windy.  If only we know now, back then.  *shakes fist at self*  I wish my parents had bought more of the MO's.  I do have two pearly babies tho :D

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 04:16:15 PM »
I think we've got nearly all of them by now... Red Roses sticks out to me as a very sought after store-release, not sure what pricing on her would be like though. The Mail Order TAF Babies seem to be up there around the $80 mark at least, too.

Mail Order playset ponies (Peachy, Lemon Drop, Majesty, Sprinkles, Baby Tiddly-Winks) can be difficult to find/figure out that they are MO by virtue of not being very different from their commonly released counterparts (and for pink Sprinkles, being mistaken for Firefly). The common lookalikes tend to keep their prices low in return though.

Red Roses has shot up so much in price over the past few years. -_- The rest of the set is around the $20 mark but she's been in the $50-70 range more and more. *Shakes fist at the pony gods*

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »
I think we've got nearly all of them by now... Red Roses sticks out to me as a very sought after store-release, not sure what pricing on her would be like though. The Mail Order TAF Babies seem to be up there around the $80 mark at least, too.

Mail Order playset ponies (Peachy, Lemon Drop, Majesty, Sprinkles, Baby Tiddly-Winks) can be difficult to find/figure out that they are MO by virtue of not being very different from their commonly released counterparts (and for pink Sprinkles, being mistaken for Firefly). The common lookalikes tend to keep their prices low in return though.

Red Roses has shot up so much in price over the past few years. -_- The rest of the set is around the $20 mark but she's been in the $50-70 range more and more. *Shakes fist at the pony gods*

Are you serious?  I think I sold mine about 5 years ago for $20... Mind you her horn was chewed, but.. wow.

~Jenn

Post Merge: April 30, 2015, 04:26:49 PM

what about Bobbie?  Is she a US release?  I can't remember, I used to have her but sold her, and now I miss her.  I hope she has a good home.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:26:49 PM by FullMoonFever »
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, Taffeta - I was under the impression they were a U.S. release. I'll go back under my rock now. :p

Nooo, I didn't mean it that way xD I was typing this and chatting and watching TV so if it came across badly that's why xD.

It's just the reason she's so htf is that she's sold in limited countries at the end of line there. That was all xD.
Ironically, I didn't mean it that way either. xD I'm not upset, offended, or anything, just shaking my head at myself. You would think after seven years of G1 collecting, I'd remember who was released where.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, Taffeta - I was under the impression they were a U.S. release. I'll go back under my rock now. :p

Nooo, I didn't mean it that way xD I was typing this and chatting and watching TV so if it came across badly that's why xD.

It's just the reason she's so htf is that she's sold in limited countries at the end of line there. That was all xD.
Ironically, I didn't mean it that way either. xD I'm not upset, offended, or anything, just shaking my head at myself. You would think after seven years of G1 collecting, I'd remember who was released where.

If it's any consolation, she is by far the creepiest pony around and I swear if held at the right angle she could pass as a missile launcher. No wonder the twins go missing.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
Growl! I actually had sweet scoops in hand at a charity sale, with a missing ear, thinking it was sherbet for  $.25 and decided not to get her!!!  I didn't really know anything about mail order ponies till after that, sadly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:17:17 PM by cuddlebuggy »

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 05:55:18 PM »
Scribbles and Dabble are super rare and expensive too. Sorry if they were mentioned already. Darn those elusive mail order ponies!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 04:44:26 PM »
I think in general the rule of thumb is that most of your expensive US releases can be covered by the mail order ponies - especially later releases. Store bought ponies - Mimic, Diamond Dreams, Baby Leaper, Red Roses, Lemon Treats and gals like that seem to be at the top of the $$$ list. :)

Are you serious?  I think I sold mine about 5 years ago for $20... Mind you her horn was chewed, but.. wow.

~Jenn

Post Merge: April 30, 2015, 04:26:49 PM

what about Bobbie?  Is she a US release?  I can't remember, I used to have her but sold her, and now I miss her.  I hope she has a good home.

Bobbie is a UK odd ball :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 05:47:30 PM »

If it's any consolation, she is by far the creepiest pony around and I swear if held at the right angle she could pass as a missile launcher. No wonder the twins go missing.

Haha, I call her B-52 because the belly hatch reminds me of one of those huge airplane's that drop bombs. :p If she was a pegasus it would be 100% a bomber pony :p
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 02:38:31 AM »
I want to add Baby Crumpet to this list. As I recall she was the pony that came with the Second Edition Pony Purse. I managed to grab one with a stain on her neck for like $10 but I have seen her in the $50-$70 range just by herself.
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 04:54:58 AM »
I want to add Baby Crumpet to this list. As I recall she was the pony that came with the Second Edition Pony Purse. I managed to grab one with a stain on her neck for like $10 but I have seen her in the $50-$70 range just by herself.

Wow, that's unusual! She's not actually priced at that much o-o A bidding war? I've sold two, each around the 15-20 dollar mark which is typical for her minty.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 06:48:35 AM »

Wow, that's unusual! She's not actually priced at that much o-o A bidding war? I've sold two, each around the 15-20 dollar mark which is typical for her minty.
Yeah this was back about oh...five years now I think? I was looking for her but could not find one at the $20 mark. I think the cheapest I found found for a minty one was around $30 and I think that was here! EBay was definitely higher.
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 10:04:24 AM »

That is why it took me 5-6 times just to get one red roses. When I got her I was so relived no more being the second buyer at christmas that was a "pony nightmare."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal