collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Banjo Kazooie fans?  (Read 1750 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any Banjo Kazooie fans?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
Yes, Rusty Bucket Bay was pretty eh. There was something that gave me trouble.. what was it. Oh like stopping the engine and getting to the puzzle piece down under the boat in the ..thing. I know a lot about boats. haha.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That took me a little while. It's one world I'm not very excited to enter. Also Mad Monster Mansion I'm never very excited to replay. Maybe it's a little spooky to me? Which is silly. :P

Last night I dreamed I found my n64 (which is all I want to replay it on). Dangit.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
I specifically remember when I replayed the game with my boyfriend, BK actually gives you a two Jiggy leeway on getting 100% in the game. So we decided to skip those two pain in the rear Jiggies in Rusty Bucket Bay. Like the one wherre you have to do all this complicated stuff in one go in order to get the Jiggy in the ship.

Fave world would have to be...Cloud Cucckooland from Tooie.
Hated world? Rusty Bucket Bay hands down. xD

The name escapes me.  It's the 2nd world the beach one. 
Jolly Roger's Lagoon, IIRC. That one is a nice level!

Omg can we talk about how badly we wanted to get that mysterious ice key we had to wait for Tooie for that turned out to be almost nothing. I tried for so long to get to that key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By itself, the reward you get for getting the Ice Key in Tooie isn't bad. But yeah in the big picture it wasn't all that great. It should have unlocked a different world or something. xD

(Heh, I wonder if Youkah-Laylee will have Stop n Swop.  ;) :lol:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 07:55:20 PM »
Ah yeah! The one inside was a pain too, I did get them both in the end though. Didn't know there was leeway with the jiggies! It's annoying redoing it but fun to finally get it.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »
Ah yeah! The one inside was a pain too, I did get them both in the end though. Didn't know there was leeway with the jiggies! It's annoying redoing it but fun to finally get it.
Hehe, yeah the game creators mentioned it a long time ago in an interview that they gave a two-jiggy leeway to make it a bit easier to get everything/100% in the game. So if you had collected all of the jiggies, all of the notes (and open the final note door, which required every note in the game), and complete the true final puzzle, you would have two Jiggies left over. :D Very nice of them to do that!

And thank the heavens that in the Xbox versions, you didn't have to get all the notes in one go/life. It did cause a "SOL glitch" with one of the secret puzzle games, IIRC, but it got fixed later I believe.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »
That's interesting, now I really want to boot it up and see if I had over 100. Treasure Trove Cove was Banjo Kazooie btw and Jolly Roger's Lagoon was Tooie! I like both. The hidden wall in JR's was tough for me to find, I had to look that one up. I kept going back to that world stumped as to what I had to do to go further in the world and complete it. Which is odd because I usually check everything in every game for hidden passages (which are super fun and there should be more of).

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 08:43:19 PM »
That's interesting, now I really want to boot it up and see if I had over 100. Treasure Trove Cove was Banjo Kazooie btw and Jolly Roger's Lagoon was Tooie! I like both. The hidden wall in JR's was tough for me to find, I had to look that one up. I kept going back to that world stumped as to what I had to do to go further in the world and complete it. Which is odd because I usually check everything in every game for hidden passages (which are super fun and there should be more of).
Lol wow how I did get Treasure Trove Cove and Jolly Roger's Lagoona mixed up. xD i guess I was thinking of the second game/Tooie when I read their post about the beach level.

JR did have a lot of secret/hidden areas. Even in the entrace of the level there were hidden parts, like in the bar with the drunk pirate in it (Poor guy, Banjo stole his game! xD).  I like how the Stop n Swop items were a bit of a search as well, especially with the Ice Key.
Now that I think about it, Tooie sure had a lot of backtracking, especially with Witchy World and Terrydactlyland. D:

For those that have played Tooie, whi was your favorite boss? I quite liked the twin fire/ice dragon brothers, and the Cloud Cuckooland boss was quite the surprise if you didnt know about it beforehand.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »
ha, was that a hidden area? I think I remember wondering wth there was to do in that area with that drunkard. I only played the game through once so my memory is pretty spotty of specifics. Hailfire peaks was pretty fun to me. I think Tooie was less of a beautiful game than Kazooie. The worlds weren't very pretty like we had with Freezeezy Peak or Click Clock Wood. Well, I guess Cuckooland was kinda pretty though. I also cared nothing for Mumba Wumba.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »
ha, was that a hidden area? I think I remember wondering wth there was to do in that area with that drunkard. I only played the game through once so my memory is pretty spotty of specifics. Hailfire peaks was pretty fun to me. I think Tooie was less of a beautiful game than Kazooie. The worlds weren't very pretty like we had with Freezeezy Peak or Click Clock Wood. Well, I guess Cuckooland was kinda pretty though. I also cared nothing for Mumba Wumba.
the room he was in wasnt a secret area (but his dialogue references how he was supposed to be a main character in a beta game called "Dream", which was what Banjo Kazooie eventually turned into. So Banjo literally took his game. xD) , but one of the other rooms IIRC, you had to go into Sniper/First Person Mode to look inside a small window (where another sealed up room was visible) and shoot a grenade egg at a barrel/box to open it's entrance to get either a jiggy or a cheato page that was in the room.  Plus that bar's jukebox actually could work if you had the secret code for it, which I think it was a real pain to get if you wanted to get it the legit way. Dx

Humba Wumba could have been better, certainly. I think Mumbo Jumbo (?) kinda outshined her since he could now leave his hut. She just sat on her butt all day. :P

Loved Hailfire Peaks, even if the level got difficult at times. Like if you hadnt beaten the bosses (thus, they spit ice/fireballs at you while you walk around the level).

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »
Oh! I just was watching what BK originally was and what a weirddd concept it seemed. Omg how interesting and cool that they did that!!

Ugh. Next month I'll be back in Ohio, gotta get my 64. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2015, 05:01:11 PM »

I didn't love the one where they drove around in a cart so much though... it was too hard for me!
You mean the Canary Mary challenges?
That was the one, especially the Cloud Cucckooland version, where you had to have really good button mashing skills or seriously cheat with a spoon/ turbo controller to win. D:
One of the few times I've actually seen gamers tell each other "It's okay to cheat to get/do that", even back then.  xD

No- I mean the game, "Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts"  You build cars/planes and boats and basically drive around in the different worlds. It starts out pretty fun and easy, but gets kinda hard and honestly, it is not NEARLY as fun as the first two for whatever reason. I found the vehicles very frustrating. Did nobody else play this one ?  I guess I would suggest not trying it- it was not very good, and I never finished it...

I don't know how to imbed a video- but here is a link:
https://youtu.be/lhEKs2AR0Bs

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2015, 06:03:27 PM »

I didn't love the one where they drove around in a cart so much though... it was too hard for me!
You mean the Canary Mary challenges?
That was the one, especially the Cloud Cucckooland version, where you had to have really good button mashing skills or seriously cheat with a spoon/ turbo controller to win. D:
One of the few times I've actually seen gamers tell each other "It's okay to cheat to get/do that", even back then.  xD

No- I mean the game, "Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts"  You build cars/planes and boats and basically drive around in the different worlds. It starts out pretty fun and easy, but gets kinda hard and honestly, it is not NEARLY as fun as the first two for whatever reason. I found the vehicles very frustrating. Did nobody else play this one ?  I guess I would suggest not trying it- it was not very good, and I never finished it...

I don't know how to imbed a video- but here is a link:
https://youtu.be/lhEKs2AR0Bs

oh! Nuts and Bolts!
Hehe, i actually try to forget that game existed, other than me buying a preowned copy for a day from GameStop just so we can unlock the Stop and Swop stuff for the XBOX verions of BK and BT. xD
Such a dissapointing game.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »
I didn't own it myself but I played it at a friend's house and wasn't impressed.

Anyone donating to Yooka Laylee? I will be eventually, the cheapest gets your name in the game credits! :D even though I'll be going above that. :)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2015, 05:36:03 AM »
I actually enjoyed Nuts & Bolts, despite assuming I would hate it. I got a bit frustrated towards the end, but eh, it was still a pretty fun game (just nowhere near as good as the old BK).

Anyone donating to Yooka Laylee? I will be eventually, the cheapest gets your name in the game credits! :D even though I'll be going above that. :)
I'll be donating! The collector in me really wants that t-shirt. She also wanted that voice acting role but couldn't afford it.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2015, 08:40:44 AM »
I know right. That's an amazing offer. I wish it was a couple years ago when I had the money to throw around like that. I'll be skipping the shirt though. Maybe if it was cuter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2015, 02:51:41 PM »
I plan on donating to it soon. Likely will go for the free console download prize/offer.
Either way, i totally want my name in the credits. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal