collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lets play 'Name that Accessory'!  (Read 981 times)

pinkspore

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lets play 'Name that Accessory'!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 06:24:54 PM »
That's pretty much everything but the star clip, thanks! I will add the cup to my somewhat random collection of Party Pack stuff. I currently have all the ponies, two plates, a party hat, and Baby Frosting's party panties all from different sources.

The star clip is going to annoy me until I figure it out though. I didn't have any LLL or Enchanted Kingdom as a kid.

pinkspore

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 11:49:21 PM »
Ok, going to have to conclude that the star is LLL after all and just migrated into my toy collection somehow. I just found  a LLL baby dragon wearing some in my stuff-that-came-in-thrift-store-bags-with-ponies bin, and the clip and everything on the star is exactly the same as the ones on the definitely-pixietails.

Also, LLL had dragons? And kittens?! How did I miss that? (Anyone want a baby dragon?)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »
*lives in same neighborhood as Skeen* I can tell you the of all my ponies but couldn't tell what I had for breakfast or when my hubby gets paid LOL

*adds self to the list* I can't remember my phone number or find my way anywhere, but I know where every single pony is in my cupboard.

Was going to say, on the cup, I don't think there's any difference between the cups sold with Tutti Frutti and the US set ones. The variations are generally the inserts and pin the tail - although I have seen darker and lighter plastic yellow, I don't think this is UK/Euro/US (since one Euro issue of TF is slightly different in terms of accessories)

So you can put it with either US set or Tutti Frutti. Doesn't matter.

There are quite a few differences between the releases from either side of the pond. :) ashlyne has some amazing comparison pictures that sum up all the differences.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
*lives in same neighborhood as Skeen* I can tell you the of all my ponies but couldn't tell what I had for breakfast or when my hubby gets paid LOL

*adds self to the list* I can't remember my phone number or find my way anywhere, but I know where every single pony is in my cupboard.

Was going to say, on the cup, I don't think there's any difference between the cups sold with Tutti Frutti and the US set ones. The variations are generally the inserts and pin the tail - although I have seen darker and lighter plastic yellow, I don't think this is UK/Euro/US (since one Euro issue of TF is slightly different in terms of accessories)

There are quite a few differences between the releases from either side of the pond. :) ashlyne has some amazing comparison pictures that sum up all the differences.
Even on the cups? O.o really?

I know there are some differences in the overall accessories like the invites, the PITP board, and such, because of the ponies involved in the set, but I don't remember (and I might be completely wrong) there being a huge difference in the colours of the stuff I got from Pillow Talk in the States years back...??

So there are differences with the cups as well between US/UK/Euro?

I have pale yellow and darker yellow ones from here in the UK. The ones I got from my childhood friend with her TF are the same colour as the ones I got from Pillow Talk through trade with the US PITP board and such, so I just assumed they were across the board and it was a batch issue like the castle hoops...

I think my Euro TF may have paler cups but I would need to check, I don't know off hand ><. She certainly has lighter blue plastic on things like plates/PITP board...

Sometimes I really do hate Hasbro ;)

Edit because of a grammar fail. At 2am, sentences apparently end with commas ><
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:12:50 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 04:21:29 PM »

Even on the cups? O.o really?

I know there are some differences in the overall accessories like the invites, the PITP board, and such, because of the ponies involved in the set, but I don't remember (and I might be completely wrong) there being a huge difference in the colours of the stuff I got from Pillow Talk in the States years back...??

So there are differences with the cups as well between US/UK/Euro?

I have pale yellow and darker yellow ones from here in the UK. The ones I got from my childhood friend with her TF are the same colour as the ones I got from Pillow Talk through trade with the US PITP board and such, so I just assumed they were across the board and it was a batch issue like the castle hoops...

I think my Euro TF may have paler cups but I would need to check, I don't know off hand ><. She certainly has lighter blue plastic on things like plates/PITP board...

Sometimes I really do hate Hasbro ;)

Edit because of a grammar fail. At 2am, sentences apparently end with commas ><

Yes everything is just a teeny bit different. However in the cups I will be honest and admit you reaaaallly have to squint to get the colour change. If you pm ashlyne, I am sure she will link you to her images alas they are not mine to share and  I have never gotten around to comparisons as accurate as hers.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal