collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Smart Doll??!!!! Whaaaa?!!  (Read 26242 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Smart Doll??!!!! Whaaaa?!!
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »
 :freak: I got a shipping notification! She's on her way!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2015, 07:38:16 PM »
*cannot wait for owner pictures*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2015, 07:49:13 AM »
:freak: I got a shipping notification! She's on her way!!

Wow! That was quick!!!!! :happy: Oh I'm sooo excited for you!!! :frolic:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
Oh she's gorgeous, huge congrats!  :biggrin:
Great pic spam, makes me want one... but I can't let myself. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2015, 07:19:35 AM »
Love love love love!  OMG sooooo lovely!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2015, 07:32:11 AM »
Oh wow!! Beautiful girl!!!!!! :frolic:
  So, all in all what are your thoughts on your experience? I am planning on ordering Mirai in just another couple of weeks (but I also plan on putting her up for the next six months and putting her under my Christmas tree. Wahhhh! :yikes: ) Did you have any issues ordering? How does she feel compared to other similar dolls? What do you think of the quality of her clothing and wig?
  Please share as much information as you can/like on this doll! I know I'm not the only one who is serious about purchasing her and we'd all love to have your opinion as the first to own her here at the Dollhouse!! :happy:

Congratulations! I hope to see more of her on the boards in the future! :momiji:

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »
Sorry. I really should have included more info ^.^ Especially since I blame you all for introducing me to her! I'm going to do a full write-up on her on my blog, but I wanted to make sure to answer your questions, too

I've mostly just collected playline fashion dolls (MH, EAH, Barbie) and Pullip. I don't have any really nice ($$) BJD's, so comparison wouldn't be something I could really speak to.

The experience dealing with the company was super nice. I officially signed up for the pre-order on May 16. You get an e-mail stating that you've signed up. The shop is a password protected part of the website. They only open it up when they are ready to start shipping things out. I got the email with the link and my password on May 23. I placed my order that day. She shipped from Japan on June 1 and she was officially supposed to be delivered June 4, but I wasn’t home to receive the package. I picked her up on June 5.

I tried to log back in to the website to look at other extras, but the password was disabled on June 5. I think that's because they reopened the shop on June 6 with a few new items. They are constantly adding new things for these dolls. As a Smart Doll owner, I got an e-mail early the morning of 6 June with the new password and links to the new items. (And yes.... I already ordered something new for her!)

In the shop, they had the two dolls, all the outfits/accessories that you can see on the website, as well as the wigs for both dolls. (For instance, I bought Kizuna, but I could buy Mirai's wig). I purchased the "002 Tenshi Kizuna" shirt that you saw in my photos. I also purchased a human-sized T-shirt for me... because I'm a super dork. My order total with shipping came to ¥72,700 JPY. (About $580 USD) I wanted to buy more outfits for her, but as she came available much more quickly than I had anticipated, I hadn't saved up enough. That's okay, though, because I can always go back and buy stuff later.

The only "issue" with ordering is that (I used Paypal) the order didn't process immediately. The order sat unprocessed for about a week? I had the money split between my bank account and my Paypal account and it was hard for me to see this money just sitting in my bank account all week. I mean, that's not really an issue, just a minor inconvenience. I know some retailers won't process the payment until the order is close to being shipped, so this isn't a huge deal.

Her clothing quality is amazing!! She comes with a 3/4 sleeve shirt, jeans, panties, socks, and shoes. Her jeans are higher quality than mine.... I also bought the T-shirt I mentioned earlier and it is very nice quality. I'm impressed.

Her wig is nice. She has wavy/curly hair. The hair is nice and soft, but retains the waves with minimal frizz. I can't stop touching her hair, either. The wig fits her perfectly and doesn't go sliding around much.

The unboxing video on the website mentions that her jeans are hard to get on, but it may be because I've been dressing a toddler lately, I didn't think they were all that difficult to get on. Her head and arms detach with a tiny bit of force and that makes changing her shirt very easy.

Today (6 June) they repoened the shop and added a pair of shorts and a short Kizuna wig. I haven't really recovered financially from buying her, yet, but I just HAD to have those shorts. I mean, HELLO?! We live in Florida. The poor girl is not going to be comfy in those jeans all summer. I will say, her shorts cost more than any pair I have ever bought myself (¥7,000/$56 USD).

I am happy to answer any questions you have. I love gushing about her! She's just so beautiful.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2015, 09:21:11 AM »
I can't believe how fast you got her!! How well does she hold a pose? Ugh, I wish I could play with her in person.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »
I can't believe how fast you got her!! How well does she hold a pose? Ugh, I wish I could play with her in person.

Right now she holds poses just fine. She could hold up my smart phone without anything slipping. I have her perched on one tiptop with her hip in the air right now (sassy pose) and she hasn't had a problem.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2015, 04:30:13 PM »
That's awesome! I want one now, lol. But I have two dolly purchases right now. One has been started and the other will be soon. :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:33 PM »
Saw this thread and my girl needed to say hello.

I need to upload some more pics of her, I love my Mirai. :3

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2015, 09:05:08 PM »
I know they are a lot taller than I originally thought from pictures but could one of you who are lucky enough to have a Smart Doll in your collection answer exactly how tall these lovely ladies are? (in inches please rather than same height as such and such doll)
I want one badly but I don't know that I have the space to justify the price tag for Mirai so instead I will drool over everyone's pics and daydream about having my own. xD

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2015, 06:42:45 AM »
Thank you so much for that nice, long post Rayedelsol!!! I was so happy when I saw the detail that you put into it! That's just what I was hoping to hear, too!!
  I did have one question for you, though; you said you spent $580, was that for the extras alone?! Or did that include the doll? I assume it was just for the extras you ordered, but I hate to assume anything!! LOL
  I'm so glad that you are happy with her!! :happy: That's wonderful! It makes me giddy in anticipation!!!! :frolic:

Saw this thread and my girl needed to say hello.

I need to upload some more pics of her, I love my Mirai. :3
   Squeeeeeee!!!! So happy to see Mirai among our members!!! We'd love to see more pics of your Mirai, melipuffles!!

I know they are a lot taller than I originally thought from pictures but could one of you who are lucky enough to have a Smart Doll in your collection answer exactly how tall these lovely ladies are?

Well, I don't have my girl yet, but Danny Choo's site states that they are 60cms which is approx 23.5 inches. :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:45:17 AM by kCherry »

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2015, 06:51:07 AM »
Thank you so much for that nice, long post Rayedelsol!!! I was so happy when I saw the detail that you put into it! That's just what I was hoping to hear, too!!
  I did have one question for you, though; you said you spent $580, was that for the extras alone?! Or did that include the doll? I assume it was just for the extras you ordered, but I hate to assume anything!! LOL
  I'm so glad that you are happy with her!! :happy: That's wonderful! It makes me giddy in anticipation!!!! :frolic:

The $580 includes the doll.
Here is my itemized receipt:
1x Frill T-shirt (Kizuna) - KIZUNA FRILL TEE for ¥5,000 each (about $39.81 USD)
1x Kizuna Yumeno Full Print T-shirt (for humans) - Extra Large for ¥3,000 each (about $23.88 USD)
1x Smart Doll Manual Version 002 - Kizuna Yumeno - KIZUNA SMART DOLL for ¥60,000 each (about $477.67 USD)

Add in shipping (Shipping  : ¥4,700 JPY/$37.42 USD) and that's a total of about $580.

I know they are a lot taller than I originally thought from pictures but could one of you who are lucky enough to have a Smart Doll in your collection answer exactly how tall these lovely ladies are? (in inches please rather than same height as such and such doll)

With her shoes on, she measures about 24.5 inches.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal