collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal confuses me  (Read 376 times)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Paypal confuses me
« on: April 26, 2015, 06:58:56 AM »
I just linked a prepaid debit card to my account, but it didn't add anything to my balance.  I'm pretty sure it is supposed to do that, but now I'm all paranoid that it won't work when I go to make a purchase! :freak: It seems weird to me that Paypal is so confusing when it is such a big business site, some things even said you couldn't link prepaid cards at all.  I swear, I did this before with no problems, but now everything just confuses me.  Got any Paypal horror stories yourself?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal confuses me
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
If you have concerns, you should call and ask support if your card is set up correctly and how it works. You shouldn't feel paranoid, so ask paypal for clarification.

Linking a card isn't the same as adding funds. (Although I've never used a prepaid card, so maybe that's different)

My horror story is pretty complicated. I had huge issues using PayPal for months after I changed my name (although they said that's not what caused my issue. It was some security issue many people had from a glitch?).  I couldn't link any cards or bank account, and I kept getting stuck in a loop where I couldn't do this before that... But couldn't do that before this... I wasted all my minutes on the phone for months trying to resolve it.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:55:04 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 09:16:18 AM »
If you have concerns, you should call and ask support if your card is set up correctly and how it works. You shouldn't feel paranoid, so ask paypal for clarification.

Linking a card isn't the same as adding funds. (Although I've never used a prepaid card, so maybe that's different)

My horror story is pretty complicated. I had huge issues using PayPal for months after I changed my name (although they said that's not what caused my issue. It was some security issue many people had from a glitch?).  I couldn't link any cards or bank account, and I kept getting stuck in a loop where I couldn't do this before that... But couldn't do that before this... I wasted all my minutes on the phone for months trying to resolve it.
Yikes, that's pretty bad!  Right now my account is limited, so I can't add funds but it said I could still add cards and do everything else.  I do get that Paypal has to take extra precautions considering the kind of site it is, but it is very difficult to try and sort things out with them.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
Bandit I had the same problem after I got married. Only way to resolve it was to open a new bank account (which I did for other reasons six years later lol)

Sparkle I don't think adding the card should add anything to the balance. You could always test it by sending a dollar to a friend?

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »
The only thing that should 'add to your balance' on Paypal is transfering some money there yourself or having someone else transfer money there.  The money you have available on your bank account, debit card, or any credit cards linked to it aren't actually shown as funds available on the site.  But when you make a purchase and choose the card as your payment source it will pull the money from the linked source.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »
So it does work that way.  Good to know!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal