collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm New to Collecting, But Let's Be Friends!  (Read 806 times)

PuddingPie

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm New to Collecting, But Let's Be Friends!
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »
hi there!

my name is Charlotte, and i didn't realize that my username is a variation on "Pinkie Pie" until after i made the account. i swear, pudding pie is just my favorite pie.
i am 15 years old and i live in Maryland (and yes i do put Old Bay on absolutely everything).

i started collecting Ponies somewhere along the way, perhaps sometime last year. i cannot really pinpoint when i really became a collector, my Pony pile just sort of ... built up!

i currently have 46 Ponies on display, and 4 more that need to be rehaired or otherwise spruced up.

my current grail pony is BBE Lickety Split! i love Lickety Split! i'm not really sure why, i just think she's so cute! (and i like how she looks with a faded pink mane, pink-on-pink is just such a strange color scheme to me! 'u' )

i collect all the gens, but i seem to have acquired mostly G3 and G4 ponies. i go to Bronycon every year, and so i often get lots of G4 ponies there. i'm not sure where all the G3s came from!  :blink:

other than that, i really love video games, and i watch anime. my favorite schools subjects are chemistry and Spanish. I also watch cartoons: FiM, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, and funnily enough King of the Hill. my guiltiest pleasure is that i love watching American Pickers with my dad-- the stuff they find in peoples' houses is just so crazy! i think that might actually be what kind of inspired me to get into pony collecting, combined with a love for FiM.

additionally, i was sort of in the BJD community for a little while. although i still love looking at BJDs and i love the dolls i already have, my family does not have a lot of money so i couldn't keep up with collection. i couldn't even really buy doll clothes or faceups or wigs. this further shifted me to MLP collecting, because it is a lot cheaper .... sometimes!

i have two sweet and wonderful dogs named Molly and Lucy! Molly's a pit bull, and she once ate a G3 Periwinkle that i was really excited about. but she's so cute that i could never stay mad! i'm a pit bull lover at heart and i wish i could boop all of their big noses!  :biggrin:

and that's it, really. i'm a real newbie and i have a lot of questions to ask and things to learn! i'm even going to try my first rehair soon on a G3 Sweetberry! i'd love to make some new friends and learn a lot about Pony collecting. MLP Arena seems really really big, so i'm very nervous, but i am going to be kind to all and hopefully make new friends!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

^here's a (low quality) picture of my collection thus far! not pictured is a really baity Lickety Split that i use to hold incense  :lol:

Ponykit

Re: I'm New to Collecting, But Let's Be Friends!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 06:27:31 PM »
Hello and welcome to the arena! Hope you can make a lot of good friends here.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:04:15 PM »
Welcome to the Arena Ms Pie :)

I do love your collection!  I know what you mean but it just "building up" - I once dug out my box of 80 odd ponies... within a year there were a couple of hundred!!!

Look forward to seeing you around :wave:

Offline palaisdejouets

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Palace
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:25:29 PM »
Welcome! I'm a relatively new collector as well (especially compared to some folks on this forum). There is soooo much to learn! Enjoy!

Fizzy Adoptable by LyraHeartstrings
Visit my tumblrs:
★*. Toy Palace •*. Toys of the '80s ★. OMG Strawberry Shortcake ★*.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 09:11:30 PM »
Welcome! Maryland kid over here, haha (metro-DC). We moved around a lot when I was growing up, but my fondest childhood years in the US were spent in Maryland. You can't imagine what an idiot I made of myself when they started stocking Utz snacks in some of the shops down here...I actually walked around a convenience store once, hugging a bag of the crab chips to my chest like it was a kitten I'd just adopted.  :drunk:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 10:06:17 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! Don't worry, we are a friendly bunch, maybe a bit too curious at times but friendly nonetheless ;) I hope you find many friends here!

Oh, and I have to say I love how your ponies look against that dark wood shelf!  Makes them really pop ^^

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  Your collection is off to a great start, love the variety of it.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »
Welcome to the Arena ;D and to pony collecting! It's awesome that you collect all the generations (and as for where those G3 ponies came from, ponies have a habit of accumulating without you realising it O.O.)

I'm really happy someone else has love for the BBE babies, since a lot of people aren't so keen on them because of their eyes going rusty and stuff. I think they're pretty cute though xD. Good luck with Baby Lickety Split :D

I agree with what Diamond said - you have some nice ponies already!

And you have manga. Ponies and manga, a perfect combination ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
Hiya, PuddingPie! Welcome to the Arena!

We share a lot of interests! It's great that you collect every generation, all ponies are special to me. Even if you can't collect BJD's we have a dollhouse subforum full of dolls to look at. Best of luck with your first re-hair and I hope you can get BBE Lickety Split soon! Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

PuddingPie

Re: I\'m New to Collecting, But Let\'s Be Friends!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
thanks for the warm welcome, all! you're all so friendly aaah ;u; i can't wait to learn more about Ponies! i actually have Sweetberry in my lap right now, trying to pry her head off. it's really stuck! :lol:

Post Merge: April 18, 2015, 07:19:55 AM

Welcome to the Arena! Don't worry, we are a friendly bunch, maybe a bit too curious at times but friendly nonetheless ;) I hope you find many friends here!

Oh, and I have to say I love how your ponies look against that dark wood shelf!  Makes them really pop ^^
thanks! but to be honest, the shelf looked a LOT bigger on Amazon. it looked 5, maybe 5 1/2 feet tall. not even! it's not even up to my collar, and i'm pretty short. i might have to replace it soon, i'm having to get creative about where i put new Ponies  :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:19:55 AM by PuddingPie »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 03:17:46 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! That is a great looking collection! I love your username - its a G4 pony after all so you are very much in pony mode :) Have a good time on the boards.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

shintoji

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 09:51:48 PM »
welcome to the arena!!! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal