collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3  (Read 79581 times)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3
« Reply #900 on: January 01, 2016, 03:52:37 AM »

Lutra is my otter.  She was my first BJD when the only other doll I had was a Pullip.  She will actually be turning 5 on January 25th!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:lovey: :lovey: :lovey:

I have others that have animal parts (hooves, bunny legs and ears, unicorn horns, centaur bodies, and the like), but she's my only one that's really an animal I guess.

ZOMG that is just too cute!!!  :inlove:
Bookmarking that site, thanks! I may have to some day add a little love to my growing wishlist.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 01, 2016, 03:54:09 PM »
I also love the animal dolls!  I wish there was a larger following for them, as they are the BJDs I like most!

I wish more people were into the animals, too! It's hard to find a lot of stuff about them bc they're not super popular.

You mean the fully animal ones, not just the anthro ones?  I have an otter, but I don't think she's really an animal BJD in this sense, lol.  I would love to get one of the little dachshunds though.  I have two weenies of my own and would love to get one for my dolls too.  :)
I've got a weenie, too! I'm dying to get an Elleodolls Dachshund but can't squueze intot he plans at the moment as I've got some big ones coming up (exciting for me oman!)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 01, 2016, 04:25:46 PM »
*Searches Elleodolls*

Oh my...  Why did I look?  lol!  Those are awesome!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #903 on: January 01, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »
I also love the animal dolls!  I wish there was a larger following for them, as they are the BJDs I like most!

I wish more people were into the animals, too! It's hard to find a lot of stuff about them bc they're not super popular.

You mean the fully animal ones, not just the anthro ones?  I have an otter, but I don't think she's really an animal BJD in this sense, lol.  I would love to get one of the little dachshunds though.  I have two weenies of my own and would love to get one for my dolls too.  :)
I've got a weenie, too! I'm dying to get an Elleodolls Dachshund but can't squueze intot he plans at the moment as I've got some big ones coming up (exciting for me oman!)

That's the one I want too!  The black and tan looks just like my Milo, though I would love to get a little chocolate to be Penny too.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 01, 2016, 05:07:02 PM »
AW! Your weens are the cutest!!!  She does custom painting orders, too! I wanna get one painted like Toby.
DSCN0911 by Kira-Lee Jones, on Flickr

That was him during my Luts Kelp box opening. He's always curious when I get a new doll.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #905 on: January 01, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »
What a cutie pie!!!!  I really wanted a dapple when we got Milo (he was the only black in a litter of dapples), but he chose my husband before his eyes were even open and I'm glad that we ended up with his silly butt.  And then with Penny, I wanted a longhair dapple, but she was so small and so timid, but so sweet.  I fell in love with her.  I also have a furry little mutt, so we are a full house.  Maybe in the future, though, I will get a dapple still. 

Also, psssst!  Selling my spare Ringdoll head:  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,375710.0.html.  Help me pay off my DZ Angela sooner!  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:21:57 PM by ZennaBug »

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 01, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »
Here is a quick pic of my girl with her new computer. 

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #907 on: January 01, 2016, 08:49:36 PM »
That's so cute!! I have an MSD sized laptop lol

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 01, 2016, 08:58:12 PM »
That's so cute!! I have an MSD sized laptop lol

Thank you. It's a bit smaller then I thought it would be. But it's made of metal so she can grip it fairly well.

I had one of those too when I had my msd girl.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #909 on: January 01, 2016, 09:58:43 PM »
Yours is so tiny and adorable!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #910 on: January 02, 2016, 06:48:20 AM »
So cute!! I adore my Lati but Ante will always own my heart.

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #911 on: January 02, 2016, 07:53:38 AM »
I just saw the Fate/Stay Night Volks dolls, and even for BJDs they seem ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know the reason for this? Are they limited, or is it perhaps a licensing thing?

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 02, 2016, 09:21:50 AM »
I've not done a faceup before, but I did a lot of research.

I plan to use Testors Dullcoat as the sealant.  I also plan to get some quality watercolor pencils.  I keep reading tips and tutorials, I want to feel prepared! 

Thank you for the warning, I would hate to ruin an expensive item like this!

-----------

Your centaur looks awesome!  What supplies did you use?

He is sealed in full with MSC original as I bought a few cans the last time we imported it. The majority of him is done with high quality chalk pastel. Make sure there is no oil, it discolours the resin! And water colour pencils from staediler. And I use Reaper Acylic Minature paints as they blend well with water, and the flow improver, they are bright and vibrant and come in a lot of premix colours and it is easy to control colour ratio with the eye dropper bottles. So I can mix paint and then get close to the same colour if I need to re mix. It also works with my airbrush so that is what I use.

Also the string in them is an elastic that is braided with threads around it. I have a whole bunch of sizes if you want me to show you mine? And most dolls come loose so hot glue suading is a good option as is tightening the elastic in them. They often come loose to prevent damage. My Cuprit can stand on one leg after we tightened her elastic and Hot Glue suaded her.

If you need help with them pm me I would be willing to sit on skype and talk you though ANYTHING you need.

Spoiler
My Cuprit, her name is Eavan, on one foot.

And her crouching.

[/spoiler]

Thank you so much!

I know that MSC is supposed to be the best, but also the hardest to buy.  :P

I was thinking about the Citadel Purity Seal, but I got mixed reviews when searching it.  Same thing for Testors actually..  So, I don't know for sure what to try.

I know I will need a new (low temp) hot glue gun, as mine is the high temp and I read that could melt or burn the resin.  I do NOT want to do that!

So much to think about.  I guess it's a good thing there is a 3-4 month wait.  lol!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #913 on: January 02, 2016, 01:27:34 PM »
I just saw the Fate/Stay Night Volks dolls, and even for BJDs they seem ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know the reason for this? Are they limited, or is it perhaps a licensing thing?

I don't know about those particular dolls (I'm having a hard time navigating Volks' webpage), but Volks is typically more expensive than other companies.  Their dolls are gorgeous, though, and I'm going to try to save up for a SD Coco by the end of the year.  2016 doll goal!

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #914 on: January 02, 2016, 01:41:34 PM »

I don't know about those particular dolls (I'm having a hard time navigating Volks' webpage), but Volks is typically more expensive than other companies.  Their dolls are gorgeous, though, and I'm going to try to save up for a SD Coco by the end of the year.  2016 doll goal!

I haven't seen them on the website, but Amazon is selling them for around 1200-4120 dollars if I remember correctly, and I just can't fathom why even a comparatively small one like Illyasviel costs that much.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal