collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [NPA] Hand Sewn Feminine things [New!]  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: [NPA] Hand Sewn Feminine things
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 12:01:31 PM »
Always something I have wanted to try but I want to see how the DivaCup works first!

I have use both but prefer the diva cup. Its what I've used for the past 10 years... Awesome only having to change ever 12 hours....

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: [NPA] Hand Sewn Feminine things [New!]
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 09:10:06 PM »
OK Iv added more pictures of a new pattern to the original post, also its the first one iv made on my machine now that its working again. So happy with how fast I can make them on a machine xD.

ALSO! Jo-Anns had a 60% off all Flannels... Yep I went shopping :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I spent $40 on flannels xD omg I love these prints... There were more but... I figured I would have enough to make a huggge pile for now lol. (might have to go back for more Bowie Chihuahuas) I also get texted coupons from them now. Had a 50% off any item that was not on sale, used it on more PUL since the stuff is usually $15 a yard! only paid $7. xD uuugh I love sales lol
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:17:27 PM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »
What a fun selection of fabrics! They will make some great pads.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »
I really like the fabrics you chose! :heart:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 07:53:52 PM »
Thanks everyone. :) iv finished a few more, but ill wait to finish all the ones iv prepped before i post xD.
I spent all night cutting and pinning lol, my cat hates it because I wont let him on my bed while I do this.

up until now, Iv only used a sewing machine for block quilting, so im pretty good at doing straight lines lol, now Im getting a lot of practice at curved lines too. I'm encouraged since, each one i finish, looks a little better then the last one lol.

Offline palaisdejouets

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Palace
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 09:16:31 PM »
Adding my voice of support!! Cloth pads are so great. Due to birth control I don't bleed enough to need them anymore, but I used to make and wear them. They are soooo much more comfortable on the skin than plasticy-paper stuff! Also, when I made mine, I made the "upside" out of dark red flannel and then I didn't have to think about stains at all! (Not that the stains bother me, since I'm the only one seeing them!)

Fizzy Adoptable by LyraHeartstrings
Visit my tumblrs:
★*. Toy Palace •*. Toys of the '80s ★. OMG Strawberry Shortcake ★*.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 09:24:42 PM »
These are cute! ...If you could ever call a cloth pad cute, lol. :P Love your fabric choices.

Aside from cold water and detergent, you can also use cold water and hydrogen peroxide OR Fels-Naptha soap to remove persistent stains.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »
I had thought about using dark red, or just dark materials xD but the patterns are SOOOO CUTE, i couldn't help myself lol. Iv also never had much trouble cleaning them with my method.

I actually do have a Fels-Naptha stick that I use occasionally. I have a "bunchafarmers" stain stick, which I cant wait to try xD because its more environment friendly, If they work well, im going to start making my own based on their recipe lol.
I usually just pre-treat with Oxi Clean stain remover for a few hours, toss them in the washer and hang them up to dry.

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 11:08:37 PM »
@shintoji: xD Maybe you can be one of my Guinea Pigs! haha :p
i'd be up for that! :silly:
those fabrics are so cute though! can't wait to see them all finished, the few youve shown already look great!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »

Heres some finished ones, these ones ill be keeping for myself, but I really like this pattern iv made. though its based on pads iv seen all over the net, so im not really taking full credit for it xD. So iv come up with a pretty good system for whipping these up. But they're all the same size, about 9 inches, so ill be working on making smaller sized ones next.

my to-do list:
panty liners
light/reg flow pads

ill also be working on breast pads and postnatal pads, the later is basically just a pad with a pocket for a icepack. Since my sister is pregnant and will be having a baby again soon! Shes also requested a breast feeding cover. (yay something not pad related xD)

@shintoji: xD Maybe you can be one of my Guinea Pigs! haha :p
i'd be up for that! :silly:
those fabrics are so cute though! can't wait to see them all finished, the few you've shown already look great!

If you're serious, I have been thinking about sending out maybe 2 or 3 kits. Iv already recruited one of my friends, so id have about 2 spaces left if you wanted to claim one. Id like to save the last spot for someone whos been using cloth for a while and could give me some feedback from that perspective. These kits would be free, because I have no way to accept a payment at the moment, and the feedback would be really appreciated.

So far the kits would be a sorta "day test" as I obviously couldn't send enough for a whole cycle. But like I told my friend. Maybe just pick a day (preferably a regular day) of your cycle to use these instead of disposable products. And if you like it then awesome xD and if not.. well you've got a couple cloth pads you can set aside for an emergency lol. This might also give you a good idea of how many you might need to get through a day, if you decided this was a route you would like to take.

So far the kits would include:
5-6 pads (different sizes if I can make new patterns) (MAYBE different styles)
A travel sized wet bag
Care instructions
Sample sizes of the cleaning products I use (if i can find them)

Eventually if I'm ever able to start actually selling these, Id probably use the list above as a starter kit.

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:08 AM »
If you're serious, I have been thinking about sending out maybe 2 or 3 kits. Iv already recruited one of my friends, so id have about 2 spaces left if you wanted to claim one. Id like to save the last spot for someone whos been using cloth for a while and could give me some feedback from that perspective. These kits would be free, because I have no way to accept a payment at the moment, and the feedback would be really appreciated.

So far the kits would be a sorta "day test" as I obviously couldn't send enough for a whole cycle. But like I told my friend. Maybe just pick a day (preferably a regular day) of your cycle to use these instead of disposable products. And if you like it then awesome xD and if not.. well you've got a couple cloth pads you can set aside for an emergency lol. This might also give you a good idea of how many you might need to get through a day, if you decided this was a route you would like to take.

A travel sized wet bag
Care instructions

Eventually if I'm ever able to start actually selling these, Id probably use the list above as a starter kit.

yeah, i'd be up for it! i've never tried anything like that before, so i think it'd be a pretty unbiased perspective too, which would probably be fair for everyone else who was interested in buying from you. btw, the other ones youve finished look SO cute! the pattern looks pretty good to me! :thumb:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 05:37:38 AM »

A travel sized wet bag
Care instructions

yeah, i'd be up for it! i've never tried anything like that before, so i think it'd be a pretty unbiased perspective too, which would probably be fair for everyone else who was interested in buying from you. btw, the other ones youve finished look SO cute! the pattern looks pretty good to me! :thumb:

Awesome, Ill write your name down. it might take me a little while before I get them all finished and ready to ship. But if you wanted to pick a few prints, go ahead, otherwise ill just randomly pick for you. xD

Also thanks! Its kinda funny that I almost cant wait to try them out. ROFL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal