collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: new Rainbow Brite dolls/toys!!! do you live near a Hallmark store ?  (Read 29870 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: new Rainbow Brite dolls/toys!!! do you live near a Hallmark store ?
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2015, 10:48:19 AM »
I tried to order them online but hallmark doesn't ship to Canada >_<

I'm hoping when the dolls (Rainbow Brite and Twink) come out that I can find an arena member in the US that's willing to help me get them. Does anyone know if they might be re-releasing the Series or Movie again? It'd be nice to be able to get those at a decent price, as opposed to the prices currently listed on ebay lol.

The movie has been re-released a few times- and I think it likely it will be released again, although it is not too hard to find now for pretty cheap.  I think I bought it at Target a couple years ago for like $7. 

The movie and the new series (which is a little annoying unfortunately) is available on FEELN (it is like netflix or Hulu but owned by Hallmark).  I was a little irritated to find that Feeln doesn't have the old Rainbow Brite episodes or the old Care Bears movies- since it is owned by Hallmark you would think those would be easy to get.   

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2015, 12:32:18 PM »
I am pretty bummed they sold out so quickly and I missed out on buying them. I was really looking forward to these cuties. I guess I will have to wait till they release them in store and hope I can get them that way.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2015, 05:17:22 AM »
I tried to order them online but hallmark doesn't ship to Canada >_<

I'm hoping when the dolls (Rainbow Brite and Twink) come out that I can find an arena member in the US that's willing to help me get them. Does anyone know if they might be re-releasing the Series or Movie again? It'd be nice to be able to get those at a decent price, as opposed to the prices currently listed on ebay lol.

The movie has been re-released a few times- and I think it likely it will be released again, although it is not too hard to find now for pretty cheap.  I think I bought it at Target a couple years ago for like $7. 

The movie and the new series (which is a little annoying unfortunately) is available on FEELN (it is like netflix or Hulu but owned by Hallmark).  I was a little irritated to find that Feeln doesn't have the old Rainbow Brite episodes or the old Care Bears movies- since it is owned by Hallmark you would think those would be easy to get.

We don't have target in Canada anymore unfortunately. I've been looking on ebay and the only listings I see have the movie at $50-$70, as far as the series goes, I haven't seen a copy that's region 1 compatible yet.

I'm hoping they'll re-release them again. I haven't had a chance to watch the new series. Feeln isn't available in Canada, I know I could get around that but it seems silly to pay for a subscription service for 3 episodes.

Have you seen how crazy the prices for the itty bittys are on ebay now? I was watching a listing for Rainbow Brite, she was $21, next day I look and she's at $70 and yesterday she was at $137  :shocked: I couldn't believe it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2015, 06:18:10 AM »
People on Ebay are beyond nuts. Toy resellers make me furious! When the whole Frozen debacle happened I was so disgusted by resellers. These people have no soul. They take something intended for children and put a price on them that no parent could afford. When Disney did a massive Frozen restock I was over joyed, not because I wanted to buy any of the merch, but I liked seeing the resellers get stiffed. What a bunch of a-holes!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
They will ALL be released again in August!  http://www.hallmark.com/rainbow-brite/

If you look on the Hallmark.com site, it explains that the "exclusive" versions were available online- but the same exact characters will be released at stores AND online in the Fall-  with only teeny minor differences (a shiney fabric butt or a different color star on Rainbow Brite's face)

It drives me crazy to see people paying so much for the Itty Bittys when there will be limitless supplies of them if they can wait just one more month...

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »
I can't wait until August!  I have a store near me that sells the Rainbow Brite merchandise.  I honestly only want the itty bitty's of Rainbow Brite and Twink.  I would be open to picking itty bitty's up for other people too when the times gets closer ;)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »
Do we have an exact date yet? I need to know because I'm going to have to plan an out of town trip to get to the nearest Hallmark.

sailorstitch

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2015, 05:19:29 PM »
I went to mine yesterday and there was nothing new except the old ornament. They said they were not sure when in August. We mainly went to check out ornaments. My kids like to plan out which ones they are going to ask their Grandmas for :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2015, 10:51:38 AM »
I'm sure I will get a report from someone when they go on sale (I have two friends who are obsessed) and when they know, they'll let me know, and then I'll be sure and post here!

I think they often don't know the exact date, they just have an estimate from whatever factory they are shipping from.

To be clear the Itty Bittys are expected in August-  the other toys just say "this fall"

I keep drooling over that plush Twink, I hope he appears next month!!!!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »
That Twink is rather adorable. I hope Starlite looks better when they release them and actually use rainbow colors for his mane!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
Yeah- I didn't like that Starlite at all...  he looks like a seahorse or snake or something.   

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »
Oh man I'm getting so excited for this merch...

Question! Isn't the ornament the SAME one from like two years ago??

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2015, 01:43:03 PM »
Oh man I'm getting so excited for this merch...

Question! Isn't the ornament the SAME one from like two years ago??

Yes, it is the same.  SO LAZY. And I don't even like the ornament, Rainbow looks off...  I wish if they were going to do a re-release, they would have at least re-done the Rainbow riding Starlight, which was much cuter.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »
Yeah. Or just Starlite. But good looking, not like the plushie (sorry plushie!)

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »
Just saw a post on facebook that the itty bitty Rainbow Brites are being shipped to Hallmark stores this week.  I am going to hit mine up on Saturday to see if they are in or at least if they can give me a call when they do come in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal