collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How much is shipping from Denmark?  (Read 678 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
How much is shipping from Denmark?
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:10:47 PM »
Can someone tell me how much I can expect to pay for shipping one pony from Denmark?  I want to buy a moderately expensive pony from a Danish seller.  I do want the pony to be protected, but I don't want to overpay.  The seller says that regular shipping is $25, and tracking will raise the cost to $40.  I'd just like to make sure that this is normal.  Or is there another option that would be cheaper but still secure?  I've learned that sellers don't always know the best overseas shipping options from their countries.

Sebby, old buddy?  Do you know?  :)
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: How much is shipping from Denmark?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:57:23 AM »
I'll give you a bump up cause I do not have any idea.

*calls out for Sebby too*  :water:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 05:19:23 AM »
*giving this another :bump: for you * :)  Sebby should know if she sees this. I know there are members from Denmark here and also others who buy from there too,  so someone should be able to help you out. I've bought ponies from a friend in Denmark before but its been a few years back so I don't know the current shipping costs :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »
Shipping from Denmark is ridiculous. My sister once paid about $30 to ship a cd to me and that was within Europe. My parents now drive over to Germany when they need to post me stuff.
Kelly if you are not in desperate hurry for the pony, you can have it shipped to my dad's and I will courier it over at some point

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Edana85

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
I'm Danish, and I think 40 dollars when it's signed for is the standard price actually...so yes it is crazy expensive.

Not signed for however is no way near 25 dollars.
The Danish mail service charges about 8 USD for a package weighing up to 250 gram/ 0,55 pounds.

And that's a heavy pony :-)

If the package only weighs up to 100 gram it's only about 5 dollars for regular (non signed for) shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »
Thanks for the helpful offer, Sebby; I may take you up on that!  :)  Would it be much trouble for you and/or your family?  I don't know how often they send you stuff, but I wouldn't want them to drive to Germany for me.

And what sort of time frame are we talking about here?  Two months?  Or 6+ months?  I may just pay it so I don't have to worry or burden anyone else.  --Or just go with the $8 option and cross my fingers, ha ha!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:20:26 AM »
Thanks for your help and info Sebby and Edana  :bigups:  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 06:25:32 AM »
It would probably be June. You would just get it shipped to dad's house - he wouldn't need to drive anywhere. They I'll bring it with me and post it from US when I'm there for the Fair :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 02:39:36 AM »
Thanks, Sebby, that sounds like it's probably a better option, if it's OK with you and your family.  I'll send you an email.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal