collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

When you buy a new pony/toy/doll that you REALLY LOVE LIKE CRAZY - do you

Buy two whenever possible- so that you can debox and play/display one, and have one to keep NRFB
13 (28.9%)
Buy one and keep it NRFB
5 (11.1%)
Buy one and debox immediately
14 (31.1%)
Carefully remove the item from its packaging and SAVE the packaging for LATER
10 (22.2%)
Something else (explain below)
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 30, 2015, 10:55:36 AM

Author Topic: One to debox, and one to keep NRFB FOREVER!!!  (Read 1222 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: One to debox, and one to keep NRFB FOREVER!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 07:23:47 AM »
FREE THE PONIES!!!! Errr..... I mean......
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 10:26:59 AM »
I guess it would depend what it is.

If its a G1 pony and the packaging isn't damaged, id leave it alone.  If the packaging was damaged and it would be better to carefully get the pony out, I would do that but save the packaging.

If it was something collectors edition or expensive, id leave it alone.  If it was just common, that would depend on my mood :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
I strongly prefer loose. I don't like to sacrifice shelf space for boxes.  I also hate accessories and find them trifling. However, to be fair I do not purchase nrfb vintage items for these exact reasons.  Better to leave the box and all the bobbly bits to someone who will appreciate them.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 06:09:07 AM »
Toys?  what are you, like a little kid?  lol J/K! :lmao:

well doesn't really apply to me as I only collect g1, and it's prettymuch sacrilege to unbox an MIB that's made it this far :)

FREE THE PONIES!!!! Errr..... I mean......

ha!  love it :)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »
Ponies I free unless its in amazing packaging, factory errror or misprint pony, electronic toy, or a SDCC pony! Dolls I almost always keep in their original box unless its the DS classic dolls because they are cheap and I have too many. I do like my toys to be free and play with them, take pictures of them, etc. Most of my Pokemon stuff is MIB because of the japanese packaging is sooooo pretty!!!! Same with Novi Stars..all mine are in their original packaging because well, holograph boxes!!!! Funkos I keep in and out of box because the lack of tape bit mostly keep in-box unless picture time. Skylanders, Infinities, and Amiibo I keep MIB also. My Zelfs I free and display except Clover who is MIB. But when it comes to doubles....heck YEAH free the heck out of it!!! Plush... for me must have at least the tush tag but i like all the tags on my stuffies.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:09:31 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »
*chants* NRFB, NRFB, NRFB!

Haha, really though... unless I really like the packaging, all of my ponies end up out of their boxes.  If the item is reasonably priced, I'll buy two so that one stays in and the other comes out.  SDCC exclusives usually stay in their boxes, as do any glitter Funko figures.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 05:00:46 PM »
I'm a loose collector, with the exception of sculpted customs all my ponies are meant to be brushed, picked up and petted and played with.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 02:00:06 PM »
For non-vintage, inexpensive items, I like to debox and get rid of the packaging because I don't like to have space wasted storing boxes. If I like the artwork or a piece of the box, I cut it out and put it in a scrapbook with other ephemera I've saved. If an item is more expensive (like a Pullip doll) I tend to remove the item but still keep the box, especially if it might provide protection for storage later. It still bothers me to have the space taken up in a closet though lol.

For vintage toys, I tend to collect loose items almost exclusively. I LOVE the artwork on vintage packaging since it is beautiful and brings back a lot of fond childhood memories but I just don't have the space to display or store items in the boxes. I also just like the look of loose items on display. I get my nostalgic box art fix by adding photos to a board on pinterest or saving the image to my computer. The few times I've added a MIB/MOC item to my collection it stays that way. I really can't bring myself to open MIB/MOC toys that are vintage.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal