collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies You Love That Would Look Better In a Different Color?  (Read 5033 times)

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies You Love That Would Look Better In a Different Color?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
I'm pretty happy with Hasbro's colours for the most part.  :)

I agree that Chartreuse is just not the best hair colour on any pony. Though the streak in the 2nd set of rainbow ponies is fine.

I once saw somebody's alt rehair Tuneful who's body had been bleached a turquoise colour, that pony should definitely have been made (alongside normal Tuneful, whom I love).

Also, reverse Lemon Drop is gorgeous, Roogna! I want one!  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 06:44:05 AM »

I agree that Chartreuse is just not the best hair colour on any pony. Though the streak in the 2nd set of rainbow ponies is fine.

This one's quite the opposite for me :D I absolutely adore every G1 that has neon yellow/neon green hair. I love that color on ponies so much!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 06:46:17 AM »
purple / yellow is my fav color combo on ponies lol!
I had to make a custom of a reverse lemondrop b/c well...lemons are yellow, so lemondrops should be yellow :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nice!

I know there are a few ponies that if they were not pink I would purchase them. I can't think of anyone specific at the moment.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 09:11:28 AM »

This one's quite the opposite for me :D I absolutely adore every G1 that has neon yellow/neon green hair. I love that color on ponies so much!

Well, in that case I appreciate it just for the fact that MLP caters for all tastes. :)

I keep coming back to look at that LD. I'm going to have to make myself one for my emerging CP army.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 09:39:01 AM »
When I first clicked on this thread, my thoughts were going towards Pinwheel. I love that pony, but I would prefer a different color than pink. (Though its a much more preferable shade of pink than it could be.) But now I have to say - as already mentioned before me - that shade of G3 pink. I at the time of their release wanted to collect them ALL, so I got many of the pink ones in the beginning. But the color was not very much not to my liking, so as time moved forward I started being much more choosy. I wish they hadn't made so many of them that shade of pink, but its actually a good thing at this point. Now as I slowly re-collect, I will be much more selective, which will in the end save me both money and room!  :biggrin:
:happy: :awake: :enthralled: :accomplished: :good:

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 09:42:32 AM »
As much as I like UK Snowflake, I feel that magenta wasn't the best color choice for her. Not only is it hard on my eyes, but it makes her symbols difficult to see.
Mimic on MLPTP

ponycentric

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
Dancing Butterflies.

I just, no.  Too bright, too yellow.  I love yellow ponies.  Most of the ones I've bought recently are that nice, pale, soft yellow.  Looks lovely, even with yellow hair.  But Dancing Butterflies is way too much, with the bright yellow body and hair, coupled with those bright butterflies.

I'd love to see her with an overall softer yellow, or a softer yellow body, same hair, and toned down butterflies.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
Speaking of G3, was it really necessary to give Sweetberry and Toola Roola the exact same body color and hair color?  I think they should have made her body green to go with her Irish name.

I actually think Shady looks great--an eyeburner, but a pretty one.  Crunch Berry, on the other hand, has a mauve body that really doesn't go with her chartreuse hair.

I think chartreuse looks best with similarly bold colors (or white, like Surprise.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 09:52:11 AM »

I could use a lot less chartreuse in my ponies' hair. Like yellow or green? Pick a color! But they gave us this neon stuff that has no business in ponyland.

YES!! I really don't like neon colors on my ponies...pastels, pastels, pastels!  :P

@Roogna, your LD looks beautiful! You're right, lemondrops are yellow! LOL

I would have liked to see G1 Minty with a hair color other than white...not sure what color. I usually don't like green ponies (looking at you, Mimic), but I love Minty.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:56:48 AM by CoonhoundBetty »

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 04:53:36 AM »
I also agree, less chartreuse hair!  I know it was the 80s but geez, that stuff is hard to look at and it's not even colour fast.

That reverse Lemon Drop though: so perfect!

Elf

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 05:30:10 AM »

Also, Minty as she was shown in the Fact File:

I spent years as a kid looking for this pony before I realised...she didn't exist. Sigh.

Oh, she's beautiful!!  Sad there's no variant of her in those colours :(

Overall I love the colours Hasbro chose for G1s.  I love how many shades of each colour there were, so individual.  If I were to change anything it would probably just be to brighten up some of the colours that turn icky-- like the mauve/purple ponies like BnG Ringlet and Dainty Dahlia.  They would look so stunning in a real, nice purple, rather than the brownish grey they so often turn up in.

I'd like more shades of purple for hair.  I've never been keen on Princess Starburst's shade of purple, I feel there should be more contrast.  I mean yellow and purple are opposite on the colour wheel, but I feel her colours just don't work together in those shades.

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 06:31:27 AM »
I also have to agree that the Birthflower Month Ponies should have had more variety in terms of body color. I looked at pictures of all of them and go, "Really? They couldn't make each Pony look different besides the hair color and flower symbol?"

I wish that G4 Princess Cadence's body color was more screen accurate. I mean, c'mon Hasbro finally gave us White Celestia toys, surely now they can start doing the same for Cadence.

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 03:47:42 PM »
The Birthflowers are a good call - I prefer their alternate versions mainly because of how much more interesting their colour combinations are.

As for other characters; I am not always a big fan of monotone ponies (only a couple manage to properly carry it off). I would have liked to see Crumpet, Angel and Dancing Butterflies with some variety...perhaps even just a streak of contrasting colour in their manes.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

ponycentric

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 03:50:56 PM »
As for other characters; I am not always a big fan of monotone ponies (only a couple manage to properly carry it off). I would have liked to see Crumpet, Angel and Dancing Butterflies with some variety...perhaps even just a streak of contrasting colour in their manes.

Yes!  That would actually help a lot, especially with Dancing Butterflies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 05:11:24 PM »
Cherries Jubilee-  such a cute pony and I love her hair- but her skin color is too flesh-toned to me- not a fan  >_<

OH and TOOTSIE!  I do love green ponies- but not green the color of pea soup- yuck!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal