collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weightloss / Active Lifestyle Arena Support Group - Come Share Your Story  (Read 7366 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Been doing good so far doing cardio 3x a week (to start) for 15 mins a day. No breaks or stopping, just pushing through it until my alarm goes off. It got too hot to bike outside so now I just do whatever I feel like doing for cardio inside.

Gotta get some healthy snacks to snack on in between meals so I'm not eating something bad when I'm feeling hungry.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Glad to see that everyone is doing so well, whether it's making small changes like adding an extra walk in or eating a little less. It all adds up in the long run and makes a difference :)

I'm still sticking to my healthy lifestyle. My Fitness Pal App is still making life so much easier by keeping track of my food and exercise and making sure everything balances out. I've been taking Tidus (our dog) out for 20 minute walks several times a day, usually somewhere between 1-2 hrs total, plus I'm still working out on the gazelle 5 days a week.

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 75 lbs so far! I've never felt better :)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Keep it up, ladies! :D
Because of you guys, I just downloaded the My Fitness Pal app again. I used it last year and it seemed to work pretty well for me. So I am going to try it out again! :) I want to add all of you guys ^^ I am monstarpop on there.
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
I'm not actively trying to lose weight at the moment but generally maintain being fairly active. I do a lot of walking day to day as is but today I got myself down to my local pool and did 20 lengths of a 25 metre pool (think I was in there at least 1/2 hour) and thought it was pretty good going since I haven't swum for at least seven years.

I'm planning to go at least once a week, on top of the walking I generally do which is like day to day walking around as well as going stuff like purposely going on walks up to a local area of woodland and all the walking around I do when I'm doing my volunteering stuff.

It felt good though, as I do really enjoy swimming and have been looking to get back into it for ages.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not actively trying to lose weight at the moment but generally maintain being fairly active. I do a lot of walking day to day as is but today I got myself down to my local pool and did 20 lengths of a 25 metre pool (think I was in there at least 1/2 hour) and thought it was pretty good going since I haven't swum for at least seven years.

I'm planning to go at least once a week, on top of the walking I generally do which is like day to day walking around as well as going stuff like purposely going on walks up to a local area of woodland and all the walking around I do when I'm doing my volunteering stuff.

It felt good though, as I do really enjoy swimming and have been looking to get back into it for ages.

Omg, someone else who (correctly) says have swum! Yay! People look at me oddly when I say that.

I love swimming and want to so much but lately I always have hair dye I'm trying to avoid fading.

My legs are currently sore from doing some 5 minute leg/butt workouts on YouTube. Not too bad though. I have some pretty strong legs as it is. Most people said they almost fell over afterward or couldn't walk up the stairs.

Can't wait to get back home to get a longer workout in today.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:18:01 AM by ponycake »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I picked fresh blackcurrants and discover they work very well in salads, I had ribbons of courgettes, lettuce, fresh mint and feta cheese  :lol:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I picked fresh blackcurrants and discover they work very well in salads, I had ribbons of courgettes, lettuce, fresh mint and feta cheese  :lol:

That sounds delicious!

I love adding all kinds of ingredients to salad, I swear every salad I make is different from the last lol.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Not going to lie, I cried reading y'alls stories! I've had zero motivation to do anything healthy in my life. I've been severely depressed due to different circumstances in my life, although I'll be finally getting professional help hopefully in a month.

For the past 11 years (since my son was born), my weight has been all over the place. My highest was in the 260s, lowest in the time frame was 189ish. For the past 1-2 years, I was a steady in the 230s. Miserable as can be. Back in April, I started having a lot of abdominal pain. I couldn't go to work and blew through all of my sick time at work in one swoop. I ended up in the ER, semi-misdiagnosed with gall stones. They operated a week later and my gallbladder was actually dead and overflowing with stones (and infected).
But, once that came out, everything changed. I was 237lbs the day of my surgery, yesterday, I clocked in at 209.4lbs.  But, it wasn't done by any healthy means. It's from a side effect of the loss of gallbladder, I'm guessing. Coupled with the depression/anxiety, my nerves are shot, so I'm no longer eating much and when I do eat, I rarely keep anything in my body for long. I've really lost a taste for anything.
I do have a FitBit, my goal is 5k steps a day, I normally just hit 3k. I would love to have someone with me to help me on this. For me, it's overwhelming.  I want to start yoga, mainly to help mentally as well. But, I don't know where to start.
Weirdest part of all this? I have low self esteem... and yet I bought an old style bikini this year for the beach. To be fair, it's not bad looking. :)

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Not going to lie, I cried reading y'alls stories! I've had zero motivation to do anything healthy in my life. I've been severely depressed due to different circumstances in my life, although I'll be finally getting professional help hopefully in a month.

For the past 11 years (since my son was born), my weight has been all over the place. My highest was in the 260s, lowest in the time frame was 189ish. For the past 1-2 years, I was a steady in the 230s. Miserable as can be. Back in April, I started having a lot of abdominal pain. I couldn't go to work and blew through all of my sick time at work in one swoop. I ended up in the ER, semi-misdiagnosed with gall stones. They operated a week later and my gallbladder was actually dead and overflowing with stones (and infected).
But, once that came out, everything changed. I was 237lbs the day of my surgery, yesterday, I clocked in at 209.4lbs.  But, it wasn't done by any healthy means. It's from a side effect of the loss of gallbladder, I'm guessing. Coupled with the depression/anxiety, my nerves are shot, so I'm no longer eating much and when I do eat, I rarely keep anything in my body for long. I've really lost a taste for anything.
I do have a FitBit, my goal is 5k steps a day, I normally just hit 3k. I would love to have someone with me to help me on this. For me, it's overwhelming.  I want to start yoga, mainly to help mentally as well. But, I don't know where to start.
Weirdest part of all this? I have low self esteem... and yet I bought an old style bikini this year for the beach. To be fair, it's not bad looking. :)

That is so horrifying about your gallbladder! :(
:hug: I'm sorry you're going through a troublesome time. Add a little something into your routine, something small to start but be strong and stick with it, force yourself to get up do it. Like a 5 min cardio video on YT if you can, or whatever you think is possible for you. Even if you can't keep up, I remember an old workout tape said, just do something else you can handle but keep moving, like marching.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB

That is so horrifying about your gallbladder! :(
:hug: I'm sorry you're going through a troublesome time. Add a little something into your routine, something small to start but be strong and stick with it, force yourself to get up do it. Like a 5 min cardio video on YT if you can, or whatever you think is possible for you. Even if you can't keep up, I remember an old workout tape said, just do something else you can handle but keep moving, like marching.
Thank you. I don't think the motivation will come until the rest gets sorted out. Until I get my depression under control, start sleeping more/better. My mom is going to help me starting today to get my "hoard" under control as well. I don't really have a hoard, but I do feel like a packrat and I have a lot of stuff and things that I don't need.  This includes a portion of my pony collection, as well.
Before bed tonight, I'm going to play around with the xbox one, see if I can get the YT app and start looking up like yoga for beginners or something. :)

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
I'm around 80 kilograms which I find way too high imo. I want to go back into the 60's. I don't snack that often anymore. When I do it's usually a piece of candy. I also try to do some cardio on my exercise bike. I always get my tablet with me and watch an episode while cycling. Sometimes an anime or MLP Episode, so thats around 25 minutes. And sometimes an episode of the Thunderbirds which is 45-50. I always try to to end up around the 10 or 15 kilometers. With this I loose between 220 and 350 calories each day.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
You know sometimes you don't realize exactly how bad it gets till something shocking happens that makes you look at yourself.

I can say the one good thing coming from my divorce is this huge wake up call that my weight has become an issue. It wasn't that I didn't know it, but I just fully ignored it! I was with my wife for seven years and when we first met I took belly dancing lessons, went out and messed with horses and kept track of what I ate. I have never been a small person, but I was far more determined to keep my weight down and track what I ate. I would say I wasn't thin, but I wasn't obese and unhealthy. I could do what I wanted and keep up with my smaller friends when we went hiking and such.

The last two or three years things have been rough in my marriage and my response to that was to sit and eat. My wife didn't like going out at all, so I sat on the couch with her and ate instead of going to do things like I used to do and enjoyed. Not saying this is her fault. I was unhappy and should have taken care of my sadness in a more productive manner.

Anyway to make a long story short when she left I sat down to evaluate myself and the things I wanted from myself and what I've wanted to do that I haven't done. I realized how unhappy I am with my weight and how bad I've let things get and how I need to get back to a healthier me.

It's only been three weeks, so I cannot say I'm vastly improving or anything. I've lost around ten pounds. I joined a gym and a diet clinic that's supposed to help me lose weight in a healthy way instead of the weird diets that just about kill you.  I'm looking to lose 100 pounds which I know is a lot, and it's embarrassing to see how much I've gained in the last few years being unhappy. It will be a long process, but I think I finally have the motivation I need to make myself happier. ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
You know sometimes you don't realize exactly how bad it gets till something shocking happens that makes you look at yourself.

I can say the one good thing coming from my divorce is this huge wake up call that my weight has become an issue. It wasn't that I didn't know it, but I just fully ignored it! I was with my wife for seven years and when we first met I took belly dancing lessons, went out and messed with horses and kept track of what I ate. I have never been a small person, but I was far more determined to keep my weight down and track what I ate. I would say I wasn't thin, but I wasn't obese and unhealthy. I could do what I wanted and keep up with my smaller friends when we went hiking and such.

The last two or three years things have been rough in my marriage and my response to that was to sit and eat. My wife didn't like going out at all, so I sat on the couch with her and ate instead of going to do things like I used to do and enjoyed. Not saying this is her fault. I was unhappy and should have taken care of my sadness in a more productive manner.

Anyway to make a long story short when she left I sat down to evaluate myself and the things I wanted from myself and what I've wanted to do that I haven't done. I realized how unhappy I am with my weight and how bad I've let things get and how I need to get back to a healthier me.

It's only been three weeks, so I cannot say I'm vastly improving or anything. I've lost around ten pounds. I joined a gym and a diet clinic that's supposed to help me lose weight in a healthy way instead of the weird diets that just about kill you.  I'm looking to lose 100 pounds which I know is a lot, and it's embarrassing to see how much I've gained in the last few years being unhappy. It will be a long process, but I think I finally have the motivation I need to make myself happier. ^.^

I'm saddened to hear that your marriage has come to an end, but I'm relieved to see that you've found a silver lining. You're right that it won't be an easy journey, but it will be well worth it in the long run :hug:

I think 10 lbs is a great start! I'm sure that you can do this, and it's great that you're going about it in a healthy controlled way. Yay for a happier and healthier you :biggrin:

My original goal was to lose 100 lbs (as well) in one year, I've hit some minor plateaus and had some slipups along the way these past 8 months, but I'm already 3/4 of the way to my goal and feeling better and better every day. I just keep pushing myself, when I slipup I forgive myself and I get right back to doing what I need to do so that I can be healthier and feel better about myself :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
That is fantastic, Aienhime!  Wow!

I still have a long way to go, but I did lose ten pounds so far.  That My Fitness Pal app is a big help.  I've also started walking up the stairs in my building . . . I'm up to nine flights a day so far.  We'll see if I am ever able to climb all 40 flights, ha ha ha.

I want to start strength training too, but I'm reluctant to pay for gym membership.  Hmmm.

I was just looking back through this thread, and I am happy to report I'm now climbing 23 flights of stairs a day and have lost 11 more pounds!  :)  My calves look fantastic.  Patiently waiting for the poundage to come off my thighs now . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Quote from: LadyMoondancer
I was just looking back through this thread, and I am happy to report I'm now climbing 23 flights of stairs a day and have lost 11 more pounds!  :)  My calves look fantastic.  Patiently waiting for the poundage to come off my thighs now . . .

I HATE stairs with a passion so that's amazing that you do 23 flights! Awesome accomplishment. I tried doing the stair machine at the gym and was dying in like 2 minutes. My knees hate me.

I also need to lose 100 pounds or more which is shocking to hear myself say. I never thought I'd get to this point in life.
I do try going to the gym with my neighbor but she's my ride (since my husband and I only have one car) and our schedules don't always match up. My husband is supposed to deploy for a year soon so I'm hoping I can hit the gym harder while the kiddos are at school and lose a lot before he returns.

Supposedly I have Hypothyroid but even after starting meds I see/feel no differences in myself and weight certainly isn't coming off any easier.  So who knows.

I hope to get on the right track soon.

Click banner for my customs gallery.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal