collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Names you use for game characters  (Read 3472 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Names you use for game characters
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
I just started playing Rift (I know, such an old game, but I've had the disc on my shelf forever and never played it!). When it came time to name my character, I was totally thinking about this thread. Because the game is an online RPG, I had to pick a unique name, but it also specified that it was my character's FIRST name (so it had to be a real name, not a username like Ringwraith10). Of course Orchid was taken. So I decided to try to think of something creative and, failing to do so, chose to use a Swedish variation of my real name -- Kjersten. That one worked! So basically my character has my actual real name. :/

(By the way, Rift is actually a fun game that I should have started playing years ago.)

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Names you use for game characters
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »
I like Aer/Aera or Cura for self-insert type characters without a lot of game-given personality (ACNL, Pokemon, stuff like that)! For games where that doesn't sound like it fits at all, or the character's less of a silent type, I tend to spend forever on baby name sites finding the perfect one.  :blush: My favorites on that front right now are Linnet (my Fire Emblem MU), Senna (Dragon Age Warden), and maybe Aya (KHX [Chi] Keybearer). I tend to stick with default names for RPGs, but not always (the FFVIII run where Squall was Cupcake and Rinoa was Cookie was a good one...)

And I've always been all over the place with Pokemon names, but last time around I went with a specific theme (all girls for my party, names of fictional witches) and that was a lot of fun :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal