collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm so glad Hasbro's making white Celestia now  (Read 1578 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I'm so glad Hasbro's making white Celestia now
« on: March 14, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »
I was just thinking how, when FIM started, all we got was Pepto-Bismo pink Princess Celestia.  I'm SO GLAD her toy versions are white now.  Not only for show accuracy, but because I found that particular shade of pink horrible.  I have a weakness for white ponies anyway, of course.  ;)

Thanks, Hasbro!  I give you a gold star on this one.  Or would that be a gold sun?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so glad Hasbro's making white Celestia now
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »
I never understood why they made the toys pink in the first place when she was always white in the show. I do have the original pink Celestia that came with the regular size Princess Luna from the Canterlot set but I was glad when they starting making the Celestia toys white to match how she looks in the show.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 03:20:52 PM »
Totally agree. I have nothing against pink ponies, but I have no interest in a pink Celestia. I don't mind some things--longer hair on Rainbow Dash for a brushable makes sense to me. But changing a pony's color scheme? (Seemingly for the sole purpose of reinforcing gender roles to boot?*) That bugged me when I started looking at which ponies I would add to my collection. To me Pink Celestia is like a factory mix up or something. :blink:

*I seem to recall reading that Hasbro wanted her to be pink and someone else wanted her to be white.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:22:29 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 03:32:15 PM »
I'm also another one that was glad to see her toys done as white and not pink.  I'm not the biggest fan of pink anyway, and I felt like they just needed to have a "pretty pink princess" out there for some reason (which is the only reason I believe Princess Cadance was shoehorned into the show).

Celestia's toys being pink didn't make sense anyway.  She was always white-ish in the show...what Hasbro?  :what:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:13:58 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 03:44:02 PM »
I love that she's white now, too.  I do love me some white ponies.  I figured they made her pink because her outline in the show was pink and they got confused.  Poor people.  ;)  That may also be why we had the grey bubble bath Rarity, since her outline was grey.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 06:02:22 PM »
I prefer white ponies, too, and her hair colours look better against her white body than a pink one :lol: Now if they could just make Cadence the correct shade of pink (Pinklestia's shade!) instead of that hot, neon pink colour....
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 07:04:55 PM »
Yes I am thankful too.  Thanks for the prompt LadyM!

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »
While I prefer white, she's pink (very pale, but pink none the less) in the show.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 08:40:21 PM »
IIRC, I think the reason why Celestia was pink at in the beginning was because Hasbro (or someone on the marketing  team) felt that little girls were more likely to buy a pink pony than a white one (that, or because "pink ponies sell better".) I believe someone had asked Hasbro about it at a panel years ago.

I am happy she is white now, but I wouldnt have minded her being pink if she was more like a "pastel/very light pink".
I am pretty sure that if Candace wasn't around, Celestia's toys would still be pink.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:43 AM »

I am happy she is white now, but I wouldnt have minded her being pink if she was more like a "pastel/very light pink".
I am pretty sure that if Candace wasn't around, Celestia's toys would still be pink.
Yeah, I prefer her white too, but at least if they had made her a very pale pink and not that bright pink we got, it wouldn't have been so bad and matched her outlines in the show. The bright pink just clashed with her other colors, besides being wrong. And yes, I agree, the existence of Cadence seems to be the reason for the change.

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
I prefer white ponies, too, and her hair colours look better against her white body than a pink one :lol: Now if they could just make Cadence the correct shade of pink (Pinklestia's shade!) instead of that hot, neon pink colour....

Agreed. I will be very happy if Hasbro makes Cadence toys that are more screen accurate.

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 11:11:16 AM »

While I prefer white, she's pink (very pale, but pink none the less) in the show.

I agree!  I was always confused when people said she was white in the show.

On the toy decision: when we were at Hasbro for the MLP Fair in 2011(?) they said they'd done a focus group with little girls and when given a choice between pink and white Celestia the majority chose pink.

Elf

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »
I do think she is nicer in the white....buuuuuuuut....I love pink so I do think she was cute in those original colours as well.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
I kinda wonder if her pink version will become more sought after in the future. All her toys will be white from now on and we can expect plenty of re-releases. In a wierd way that makes her "hated" pink version a bit more special.

Offline Terra

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Longeared/
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 06:56:07 PM »
IIRC, I think the reason why Celestia was pink at in the beginning was because Hasbro (or someone on the marketing  team) felt that little girls were more likely to buy a pink pony than a white one (that, or because "pink ponies sell better".) I believe someone had asked Hasbro about it at a panel years ago.

Sometimes I wonder if the whole reason for cadence's was to appease the people in charge of the toyline that yes- there will be a pretty pink pony princess. :P (I love Cadance, don't get me wrong!)

I think it was pretty silly that they had to make Celestia pink. I'm pretty sure someone in charge was just convinced that little girls would never buy their product unless the princess was pink. Shows how much they know about little girls - children hate blatant inconsistency!!

Young kids are all about trying to figure out the rhyme and reason to the world they live in, and then bam!! Your favorite horse is THE WRONG COLOR!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal