collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Exclusive Line: Power Ponies  (Read 35852 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Power Ponies Brushables (Fluttershy and Mane-Iac Page 5)
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
You guys, there's a reason why Mane-iac isn't in an alicorn mold...its because the alicorn mold has wings and a horn. And Mane-iac has NEITHER. She just a whacked out earth pony :P

And I highly doubt Hasbro is gonna go the extra mile just to make a special brushable mold for Mane-iac :/

Laziness at its finest. I'm sure its the reason we don't have earth and Pegasus boys. Hasbro is content with doing the bare minimum because they know they can keep selling the same mane 6 ponies over and over again, because people will buy them. Also keeping the same two basic poses for everypony. Look at the art they still use the same artwork from 5 years ago on some, its lazy.

You call it lazy, Hasbro calls it a smart business decision. Let's be honest, thanks to the show this strategy is working.
Even a lot of the older fans would rather have something related to the main cast/fan favorites than some random background boy pony.
I have seen enough "ew, HasbrOC" to know that. I think collectors really are in the minority at this point when in comes to new characters.

Smart to an extent, but mostly just lazy and cheap. I was referring to Big Mac, Dr. Whooves, Soarin, Guard Pony, etc. anyone would love to have those bronies included. I have seen lots of posts that people want Changelings and Guard ponies to build armies. No one would be saying ew HasbrOC at those.

Well, no. Dr Whooves is a "fan favorite" and Big Mac is hardly a background pony. Not really the characters i had in mind when i said "some random background boy pony". : P (Frankly i couldn't care less about a Dr Whooves brushable. That bland looking horse has had plenty of merch.) You also forgot little girls...don't know how many are sitting around going "i sure wish i had that random guard pony".
I'm not saying i LIKE what Hasbro does but i don't think this has anything to do with being "lazy". If a company can make lotsa money with less effort...that's smart. That's a planned strategy and not just them twiddling their thumbs. People like to forget that, in the end, they kept this toyline alive for about 30 years.
It's also pretty obvious by now that they are expanding the pony line in different ways. Brushables no longer are their only concern.

When did I ever say random background boy? I said boy Pegasus and earth.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
Going to be another easy pass for me. This is what happened when the G3 ponies started to turn into the core ones. I went bye bye for a few years.  Happy we still have our G1 ponies around to buy.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »
Wasn't totally sold on just Twilight but i really like Fluttershy and the Mane-iac. They look awesome :D Now if they do go all the way and produce the whole mane 6, how are they going to do Applejack? Her hair is wrapped in green cloth, but not entirely. Her forelock and tail tip are still yellow. So are they going to just give her green hair with some yellow at the front, or ignore that entirely?

This also extends to a lesser extent with Rarity who has gems in her hair, but if hasbro are smart they'll just make her some cheap hair clips.

Or more likely they will just skip Applejack from the set as per the norm poor girl. 6 pack with the other 5 + Miss Mane-iac
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2015, 04:04:30 PM »
Going to be another easy pass for me. This is what happened when the G3 ponies started to turn into the core ones. I went bye bye for a few years.  Happy we still have our G1 ponies around to buy.

My thoughts exactly :-/
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »
Okay, NOW I'm excited.  Love me some Mane-iac! :P I definitely think she looks better in that mold than she would in a princess mold.

Agreed. The Mane Six are a bit blah for me, but I'll definitely take her! :D Anyone know if these are going to be a set?
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

AlmostApplejack

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
Okay, NOW I'm excited.  Love me some Mane-iac! :P I definitely think she looks better in that mold than she would in a princess mold.

Agreed. The Mane Six are a bit blah for me, but I'll definitely take her! :D Anyone know if these are going to be a set?

We don't have any official confirmation but it's a pretty good guess to assume that they will be a set  :)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2015, 11:12:20 PM »
Whoops, wrong topic  :blush:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »
Moving my post too ....

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2015, 11:51:34 AM »
I think the customizing potential for the main 6 ponies in this set is pretty good so that's a plus.The ponies are different enough and the set includes a new character so I don't mind getting another main 6.  Uh oh, is Hasbro's black magic finally working on me??

Ponykit

« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
So many ponies....I think Fluttershy looks pretty good!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
Mane-Iac has been found in her box! Seems like this will be a target exclusive line. :) There's a high change Argos will list them too as well just like they did with the Wild Rainbow line. I bet several Toy Stores in the Netherlands will release them as well.

Source: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2015/03/mane-iac-mayhem-found-in-box-target.html

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:07:08 AM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Line: Power Ponies (Mane-iac page 9)
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »
Ooooh, yay!  I'm all for a Target exclusive line!  I love that they did her mane all crazy in the package... perfect!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:48 AM »
YES! I'm so happy that she's packed individually too so we don't need to buy the mane 6 again to get her!
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »
Faints. Wow!

WhiteHeather

« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2015, 10:09:43 AM »
Oh I hope that means they are all packaged individually! I'll definitely need Rarity as Radiance (I assume they will all be made), but I can pass on the others even if they are cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal