collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Writers?  (Read 2702 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: Writers?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 04:29:12 PM »
Me
Although lately most writing I do is fanfic or roleplaying stuff I mean I have 'original' characters and concepts for stuff kicking around but haven't had much luck turning those into something
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »
I'm a writer! Besides being a mom, that's the career I want. (Right now I'm still keeping my day job. :P) I've entered a few contests and submitted one story for publication, but I need to be more serious about getting published. At least just tonight I sent some samples to some beta readers. I have 100-something pages of a novel started, but it's been stalled with writer's block. In my sig there's a link to my less serious stories. :)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »
I write for myself, just to get the stories out so I'm not thinking about them anymore.  But I don't want to BE a writer, you know? 

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »
"I love to read fiction; some historical, mostly fantasy and twisted fairy tales, so naturally that's kind of what I write. The novel I've been working on for the past several years is about a band of wolves trapped in a swiftly melting world, who embark on a quest for a new home. "
Sounds interesting PrincessStarlily, I'm writing about wolves too, but mine is based on when the European settlers came to this country and hunting them.     

Post Merge: March 09, 2015, 11:43:53 AM

National Novel Writing Month, I've seen it mentioned but what/when is it?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:43:53 AM by ponygirl74 »

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 02:08:42 PM »
"I love to read fiction; some historical, mostly fantasy and twisted fairy tales, so naturally that's kind of what I write. The novel I've been working on for the past several years is about a band of wolves trapped in a swiftly melting world, who embark on a quest for a new home. "
Sounds interesting PrincessStarlily, I'm writing about wolves too, but mine is based on when the European settlers came to this country and hunting them.     

National Novel Writing Month occurs every year in the month of November and it's a massive international (despite the name ;)) challenge for writers to churn out a first draft of 50k words or more of new fiction (as in, if you already have a WiP, you only include the words you write from Nov 1-30).  It's an amazing way to motivate yourself to get that first draft out, and you get crazy awesome support from other participants and published authors.  For "winning" NaNoWriMo, you get a certificate to print out, but also get swag from writer-oriented companies like Scrivner and some self publishing places.  A few years ago, they started up Camp NaNoWriMo which is like NaNo-light and offer it in two installments during the spring/summer (this year's is April and I believe June).  Camp NaNo lets you set your own word count goal and you can even use it to "officially" revise something you've already worked on. 

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »

National Novel Writing Month occurs every year in the month of November and it's a massive international (despite the name ;)) challenge for writers to churn out a first draft of 50k words or more of new fiction (as in, if you already have a WiP, you only include the words you write from Nov 1-30).  It's an amazing way to motivate yourself to get that first draft out, and you get crazy awesome support from other participants and published authors.  For "winning" NaNoWriMo, you get a certificate to print out, but also get swag from writer-oriented companies like Scrivner and some self publishing places.  A few years ago, they started up Camp NaNoWriMo which is like NaNo-light and offer it in two installments during the spring/summer (this year's is April and I believe June).  Camp NaNo lets you set your own word count goal and you can even use it to "officially" revise something you've already worked on.

Sounds interesting! Were would I find out about  about Camp NaNoWriMo? it might motivate me to start writing my story again  :).

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »

Sounds interesting! Were would I find out about  about Camp NaNoWriMo? it might motivate me to start writing my story again  :).

http://campnanowrimo.org/  :)  The site can be a little confusing until you know how to navigate it; if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
I love to write, I have a lot written that will be kept private, however I did post some fan fic on a site.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 07:03:33 PM »
I write.  I've got a novel that I posted on FictionPress and one of my readers knows a publisher and sent me their email and said to tell them it's the story she's been "obsessing over" so they know it's me.  I've asked someone to edit for me (because I think I overuse commas and I'm slightly dyslexic so I want all mistakes caught) and once that's done, I'll be contacting them about my novel.   :biggrin: 

I even came across a fanfic the other day that was based on my story, so I know someone out there likes it!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:05:17 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »
I write.  I've got a novel that I posted on FictionPress and one of my readers knows a publisher and sent me their email and said to tell them it's the story she's been "obsessing over" so they know it's me.  I've asked someone to edit for me (because I think I overuse commas and I'm slightly dyslexic so I want all mistakes caught) and once that's done, I'll be contacting them about my novel.   :biggrin: 

I even came across a fanfic the other day that was based on my story, so I know someone out there likes it!

Ooh, that's very cool! What's your username on FictionPress? I'm on there, too.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 01:51:11 PM »

Ooh, that's very cool! What's your username on FictionPress? I'm on there, too.

It's the same as here.  I generally use Pokeyonekenobie as my user name on sites.  :) 

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 03:23:14 PM »
Yes, I'm a writer... but all of my published stuff is embarrassing (like stuff a magazine told me to write that I thought was crappy). Right now all of my focus is on finishing my Master's Thesis and working on my blog.

I do have a bunch of novels, poems, and short stories in various stages of "being finished" -- but I have nothing well polished because my focus has always primarily been on school. School has always been a means to an end (the end being becoming a better writer), but I am impatient to get my real life started already!

::Edit:: Oh hey, but I do freelance editing, so if anyone wants an English Master (hopefully soon to be PhD) to look over their stuff, let me know!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 03:34:57 PM »
I have done some poems here and there. Last year when I had time I was part of a poetry and flash fiction writing group at my college.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal