collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rapunzel...with accessories vs. without  (Read 569 times)

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Rapunzel...with accessories vs. without
« on: March 05, 2015, 06:47:56 AM »
So I've noticed that Rapunzel has been popping up on eBay frequently and has been selling in the $500 range WITHOUT her accessories. Then there is Rapunzel with all her accessories. WOW! $890????!!!!
My question is, is it easier to buy her without her accessories and then wait and purchase them separately as they become available for sale - or is this next to impossible? I mean, I've heard someone mention how she's been waiting to get the blue barrette....so I'm just wondering which option is more feasible. Is it better to spend WAY more on a complete Rapunzel and just be done with it, or buy her and hope to acquire her accessories in time?
Just wondering bc I know people are buying her without her barrettes and brush....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rapunzel...with accessories vs. without
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 07:12:39 AM »
As a general rule, it's harder to find a given pony's accessories than the pony itself, unless those accessories are shared across multiple ponies / years.  Accessories are mostly small and more prone to getting chewed, lost, broken, or separated.  If you absolutely must have a pony with all its accessories complete, then it may be worth holding out for one that comes that way, particularly if those pieces are tiny like Rapunzel's barrettes. 

Particularly with rare ponies though, you will end up paying a fortune above and beyond the regular price for completeness.  In some cases the accessories can be worth a lot more than the pony themselves - 2nd year princess crown clips are a good example of this.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 07:13:05 AM »
Rapunzel has a few unique accessories so it would be unlikely you'd run across them in a random lot.  People who have them know what they are, and charge accordingly. It's easier to get her with accessories, I think, but obviously that is going to cost more up front than buying her alone and waiting. 

My Punzie came without any accessories and I paid exactly $500 for her a few years ago.  I have been passively looking for her stuff since, but I haven't made a real effort.  I would imagine a lot of people do it that way, as it's easier to find a "naked" Punzie, usually. 

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:14:23 AM »
yes it is very hard to find her accessories alone. I have only seen one barrette sell loose and they wanted a lot for it anyway so if you are an accessory person then I would wait and get one with it. yes prices seem right 500 loose about 800-900 with accessories depending who is looking

Post Merge: March 05, 2015, 08:15:49 AM

you could check with the seller on eBay maybe they are willing to come down a little for you to 800.

Post Merge: March 05, 2015, 08:16:44 AM

but I am juessing they are just thinking of the eBay fees. too bad it was not on the arena
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:16:44 AM by bubbles171 »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
Not everyone always wants the accessories but they come up so seldom that some times people are just willing to drop that extra money (whether they are loose or whether they are with the pony). I think I spent about the $160ish mark for her accessories but that was a good deal from someone on the boards. As others have said ponies which come with hard to find accessories often run higher complete than broken into individual parts; Punzie tends to be an example of that.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 08:56:04 AM »
I got my punzie with her comb and her pink barrette for 500 and I bid up to 100 on her blue barrette which ended up going for way higher, and have been actively looking for it. So if you find her complete id say go for it.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »
Any time you can find a pony complete with their accessories that's a MO it's well worth it. :o)
Would I take Punzie without, yes. Would I prefer her with, more so...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »
... That... Makes me wonder if I have them or not...  :shocked:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal