collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Posting a package from US to UK  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Posting a package from US to UK
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:33:16 AM »
Hi ponies, I'm buying some ponies and the box weight 1lb 11oz. The cheapest postage we can find on USPS website is First Class International Package Service and it's around $20.  Does anypony know of a cheaper service? I had some stuff shipped via some snail mail service once, it took 2-3 months which was fine by me.  Does anyone know what this is called? I'm trying to be an economical pony, any help much  appreciated  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Posting a package from US to UK
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:23:15 AM »
That'd be "Surface Mail" or "Boat Mail", as it goes by boat rather than plane :) I don't know how much cheaper it might be, though, as from UK to US Surface Mail is only about £2 cheaper than regular Airmail!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 03:31:02 AM »
That'd be "Surface Mail" or "Boat Mail", as it goes by boat rather than plane :) I don't know how much cheaper it might be, though, as from UK to US Surface Mail is only about £2 cheaper than regular Airmail!

Thank you!

£2 cheaper is better than nothing but maybe the thresholds will be different, will check it out  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:29:52 AM »
I am going to bump this over to Trader Support for you  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 09:50:54 AM »

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:08:39 AM »
Yep, as bluerose9978 says that is going to be the cheapest option from US to UK. $20.07 and that's if they print the label online. They also need to make sure that the box is no bigger than 36 inches (length+width+height) or it will have to go by Priority and that would be nearly $43.

We used to have a "surface" option which was by boat and took like 6-8 weeks but they removed that option for us a number of years ago so First Class is the cheapest shipping method we have now.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »
I am going to bump this over to Trader Support for you  :)

Thank you!

Post Merge: March 08, 2015, 11:43:40 AM

Yep, as bluerose9978 says that is going to be the cheapest option from US to UK. $20.07 and that's if they print the label online. They also need to make sure that the box is no bigger than 36 inches (length+width+height) or it will have to go by Priority and that would be nearly $43.

We used to have a "surface" option which was by boat and took like 6-8 weeks but they removed that option for us a number of years ago so First Class is the cheapest shipping method we have now.

Thank you for clarifying this, much appreciated!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 06:17:30 AM »
You have some good advice in this thread  (thanks everyone :)  )
I think surface mail  apart from being almost as expensive as airmail, wasn't really working out well as it took way too long and often the paypal deadline would run out before the parcel had a chance to arrive. 1st class is your cheapest option as the others said , and I would have recommended it rather than  surface anyways - its safer and quicker :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »
Surface mail was horrible.
Anyways, first class mail isn't as bad as it sounds. I have had recent UK bound packages get there is about a week it's normally about 2 weeks.
Weight wise, as long as its under 4 pounds it can go 1st class, if its over then it has to go priority and that starts at about $50ish. it comes out to roughly $10 a pound - some countries are a little more, some a little less...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal