collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok... I have to ask....  (Read 29814 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Ok... I have to ask....
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2015, 01:10:18 AM »
There are quite a lot of ponies out there sealed on cards with the wrong name. I have seen a few Baby Night Song/ Stella mixups, and since 1993 ponies here had sticker nametags, it isn't so rare. I think there are also misprinted Rollerskate boxes. I also havecFizzy mint on the UK card for Baby Sunshower. None of these are prototypes but they still made it past UK quality control. And lets not forger Bobbie and friends in US Princess pony boxes!

With all that said, though, I agree that prototypes in packages in stores are peobably unlikely.  And it is possible she would keep her accessory, but the odds are pretty astromical.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2015, 01:29:36 AM »
Wow Ember you have some treasures.  Ember do you have a German Skydancer?  if so, can I put in a request for a photo of her with your new Firefly?  :) 
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2015, 07:13:04 AM »
aww thanks Endocat. I only wish I had a german skydancer so I could make a pretty picture for you.. Sadly she is not in my collection.. I use to have one years ago before I did some drastic downsizing.. She is beautiful :) Is she one of your favorites?
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »
I've really enjoyed following this thread so far! I'm new to Nirvana ponies but from all the information Ember1 has provided, and all the photos, and comparisons to Painting Time, I really believe she is the real deal. I'm not familiar with the timeline that would bring her to the UK, but I think no matter how she ended up there, I'm really happy she's part of the community. It's so cool to watch everyone play detective and figure out where she came from, its like a real life mystery!  :happy:

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2015, 04:48:24 PM »
If there is one thing I know, it's that there are so many oddball ponies out there...it's amazing how many there are! Strange prototypes, ponies sold in the wrong packages...all sorts of things.

I've bought a few oddball/OOAK ponies on the arena myself--a few of them from Ember1 (like my lovely pegasus prototypes, which are in an entirely different pose than any prototypes I've ever seen before!) I'd definitely call Ember1 an expert when it comes to OOAK ponies. I'm even in the process of purchasing a OOAK never-officially-released Takara playset from her.  :biggrin:

I remember a while ago when I bought a Mexican Factory error Firefly with no tail hole...I had no idea if she was real or not really, but i took a chance. When I bought her it became apparent that yes, she was 100% real. I've since sold her, but that always stuck with me. I bought her thinking "eh, she will likely turn out to be fake" but she wasn't! You just never know how many rare, completely unique ponies are floating around out there after all this time.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2015, 05:59:08 PM »
... a OOAK never-officially-released Takara playset...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how delightfully dreamy!  Please share with us when the happy Opening Day comes?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2015, 06:12:22 PM »
I used to have Fizzy on Sun Shower's UK backcard too--well, Fizzy is supposed to be "bubble-headed", but not that literally, ha ha!

One of the Toy Fair catalogs showed a MOC Sherbet, except the name on the card was "Cherry Berry".

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/9/9d/213.jpg

But then when it showed the ponies "loose", she is labeled as Sherbet.  It makes me wonder how they got so far with the name Cherry Berry, only to scrap it.

Now there's a G4 named Cherry Berry, so everything came full circle I guess.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2015, 06:26:22 PM »
Cherry Berry is the UK name for Crunch Berry. And, unless I completely miss my guess, there is also a UK insert with the names for several of these ponies reversed. Probably Sorbet Surprise (Sherbet) is labelled Cherry Berry on that leaflet.

I'll see if I have it scanned, but possible, because of the error, I don't.

Edit: Apparently I do:

Mystery solved :) Sorbet Surprise, Chocolate Chip (Coco Berry) and Cherry Berry all had their names mixed up on this pamphlet. I think the UK card and the US card for this set is pretty close. I have a feeling the only major difference, aside from the names, is the colour of the bubble in which the name is written...but it's been a while so I might be wrong.

The proper UK insert with the right names is also on here:

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/1988_sundaebestponies.htm

The first one is technically the 1987 insert, so it must have been right back at the start of release, when those names were still in that order. The US image looks to have a couple of reversed names too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:34:02 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2015, 10:39:48 PM »
I just spent about... an hour? reading this whole thread. It's as thrilling as a mystery novel! I almost think someone should publish a series of My Little Pony Mystery books (or a tv show). ;)

TV Show Voice: "Next time, on MLP Mysteries, we explore the strange case of the CP Sundance. Is she a prototype, or will she just turn out to be a custom? Tune in Wed. at 8 p.m. to find out!"

(And then, for my own personal amusement, I would add to that, "Same bat-time, same bat-channel!")

Princess Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2015, 12:33:36 AM »
Wow that purple baby pony!!! That is so frustrating that we don't know if she is a genuine proto or paint job. Interesting though that the ring the seaside baby is wearing is not the right colour to be baby diamonds ring?

One of the most frustrating things ever for me has always been how hasbro photographed for their pamphlet the MO twin ponies Baby Game time and Baby Sugar Cake and they're BOY ponies! They went all the way through to photographing them before deciding 'nah they're better as girls'. I would love to know if the two boys in the pamphlet below are still out there in some lucky collectors hands they are just gorgeous.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2015, 03:30:57 AM »
Hm, it is pinkish in the pic but then Diamon's ring is pinkish too

It is hard to see but I am not convinced it is the wrong ring.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Princess Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2015, 04:06:41 AM »
I know what you're saying I just think the ring in the photo looks very pink and like there is no stone in the middle. Whereas diamonds looks more purpley and has a clear/white stone in the middle. But that being said you're completely right it is very hard to see, and what are the chances of one person have multiple prototypes  ;)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2015, 04:39:13 AM »

I'm even in the process of purchasing a OOAK never-officially-released Takara playset from her.  :biggrin:

Eh, I'm intrigued. What makes this "never officially released." Ooak, sure

Because as far as I know, we don't have that much solid info on what has been released. Unless there are some sort of toy vendor books in Japanese with ordering information.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »
I know what you're saying I just think the ring in the photo looks very pink and like there is no stone in the middle. Whereas diamonds looks more purpley and has a clear/white stone in the middle. But that being said you're completely right it is very hard to see, and what are the chances of one person have multiple prototypes  ;)
Unfortunately we will never know for sure. I have seen them lose stones with wear which would match the poor pony condition. I don't rule out possibilities but I like to be sure before something is labelled a proto XD

I had a Takara pamphlet scan years back but my Japanese wasn't as good then as it is now. I don't know much about them really but if anyone finds such stuff, I'll happily translate it XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2015, 09:06:22 AM »
I think a good chunk of it has been translated on the wiki. I think... Too lazy to check.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal