collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby Presents!  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Presents!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »
Diapers
Bottles
Baby Blankets
A Photo Album/Baby Scrapbook/Baby Diary

The essentials are highly appreciated especially since she's gonna have two. They go through them sooo fast!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:43:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 11:44:26 AM »
I bought nursing tea for my sister and I think kiwimlp!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

StyleOfTheTimes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »
I got my sister in law a really beautiful baby book. Like the ones you record all their firsts in. I love looking through mine now, 25 years on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 10:51:56 AM »
I just went through this recently and I agree these are all great ideas!  I asked for baby books and didn't get any, so I went out and bought a ton for myself.  Books are a great idea. 

Baby bottles...just when you think you have enough, they're all dirty, or at grandma's house.
Never too many diapers or baby wipes.
No such thing as too many socks or onesies, lol.  Especially little footie PJ outfits.  Cover it all up with one piece of clothing, haha!

And if she has a baby registry and you want to buy her things that are on the registry...buy the things on the registry.  It seems petty, but I registered for 2 different sets of baby bedding and someone bought me a DIFFERENT set...and it doesn't match my nursery that I spent forever picking out colors, and they won't take it back because it was bought on sale.  *sadface*

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 01:27:47 AM »
I am in agreement on the book suggestion.

In fact my friends daughter just had a baby shower last weekend. Her grandma stated on our invitations that in lieu of a card she suggested you bring your favorite childhood book instead. I thought this was a fabulous idea! Plus the fact cards are so expensive these days and she had an instant book collection. So even if you find something more amazing for her, you can always still buy a book instead of a card. I just signed the inside of it, like I would a card.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 04:53:36 AM »
I did decide to pick up a copy of The Pokey Little Puppy, my favorite childhood book. ^_^  I went to a secondhand store and found a baby boy snowsuit, which she didn't have. So, that will be one thing she won't have to worry about. Those things get expensive.  My son has a bunch of books that he's outgrown, I'll be passing them along too.

Babies make me so happy! I can't wait to see them!

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 11:04:59 AM »
If she ends up having a C-section, oftentimes a Boppy will come in handy for breastfeeding (if she decides to go that route).  They have ones big enough for twins.

The one baby shower gift I loved was the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child."  I received it when I had my first baby (and I have four kids).  I know there's lots of different advice about sleeping, but even if she doesn't necessarily follow what this pediatrician does, it has a lot of helpful information about the importance of sleep in children and the importance of getting them on a schedule.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 02:18:51 AM »
I just did this for my boss (so much fun shopping for a baby!) I brought some clothes a size up from newborn, a baby blanket, a little rubber duck that checks the temperature of bath water isn't too hot for bub, and a stuffed dinosaur that was for birth upwards. There are some great suggestions here, and I am sure that you will find a perfect gift :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 08:55:08 AM »
Id have to agree with the onesies and books! Even if they're the cheap cotton short sleeve legless onesies. When My son was little, I was using those a TON. They're nice and comfy for just around the house place, and prevent "fancy" clothes from being too itchy. :p

The books are a great idea, NO ONE got me books when my son was born xD. And I'm not talking about those like, baby cardboard books. But just little story books that mom or dad can read to the babies. :)

Diapers in a bigger size are a great idea too. You're right, most people will buy newborn. I had so many that I didn't even use them all before my son outgrew them, and they're so expensive that it felt like a waste. Luckily there are always places that need diaper donations.

Fitted crib sheets were always nice to have too, and they're relatively cheap.
Anything they can chew on without danger of it falling apart is great.
Lots of kids love those little tag blankets. The tags are distracting and keep them occupied even at a young age.

Things I wouldn't buy (unless you already know the specifics) are things like Bottles, and pacifiers. Iv noticed that most parents will have their own preferred brand. I know I did, and ended up with a ton of bottles that I never used.

Things like crib mobiles also, at least in my case, I knew exactly what I wanted so I got it for myself, and then got one or two from my baby shower that I had to return. But that type of thing always kinda seems like its a special item. xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal