collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Leave in conditioner?  (Read 524 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Leave in conditioner?
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:03:52 AM »
Can you use leave in conditioner on ponies or will it leave a residue? I'm planning on doing a quick spa treatment for my daughter's ponies for her 9th birthday. I was thinking I'd do it while she's at school though so I don't have a ton of time. I thought leave in conditioner might help. Anyone tried it? :what:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Leave in conditioner?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:10:12 AM »
I  mostly leave the conditioner for 24 hrs or longer if the pony has very dried/damaged hair, less time if they just need a little refresh :)
I rinse it off and then let their hair dry wrapped in paper towels, because I just like to give them curls :) which only last few weeks/months :) some still have some curls LOL so I guess years for few ;)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:13:29 AM »
I always try to wash all the conditioner out. I can't imagine that leaving it in forever would be any better for the hair than just letting it soak in for a bit. I'm not sure what wold happen to the conditioner over time but Just imagine how slimy the hair will be if you leave it in.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:21:06 AM »
I have no evidence to back this up, but I worry that leaving anything in the hair will make it attract dust more.  But maybe not?

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 11:23:10 AM »
I use the same leave in conditioner that I use on my daughter's hair on the ponies. The G1s usually have dry enough hair that this is no problem. It doesn't seem to like G3s well so it's in for a few hours and then toweled out with at damp towel and styled. G4s I go light and more only on the ones she plays with most to help comb through. Tinsel, however, hates all. But This Guy has the best styling I've seen for ones that aren't really played with much.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »
I use leave in conditioner quite frequently.  Generally you just use a little less than regular conditioner and it's fine.  I also find that it tends to be rather nice in the long run, because it helps prevent the hair from drying out quickly and it makes styling easier.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »
I guess I miss understood the question, to leave regular conditioner on ponies rather than "leave in" type of conditioner :)
LOL
I have never used anything other than regular conditioner  enhanced with oils  on ponies.

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline teacher316

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
Sorry Houston, I mean the leave-in conditioner that doesn't need to be washed out. I have to give my daughter's ponies a quick spa treatment while she's at school so I don't have time to do each one with regular conditioner and paper towels. I just want to give them a quick brush and style because I plan on getting her a new bookshelf to display them while she's at school:)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 03:26:12 AM »
Sorry Houston, I mean the leave-in conditioner that doesn't need to be washed out.

I use leave in conditioner quite frequently.  Generally you just use a little less than regular conditioner and it's fine.  I also find that it tends to be rather nice in the long run, because it helps prevent the hair from drying out quickly and it makes styling easier.

Oh, I never knew anything like this existed! Is it in any way harmful for the ponies/pony hair?

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 03:41:42 AM »
But This Guy has the best styling I've seen for ones that aren't really played with much.

Nice find, he's quite funny   :lol:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
Sorry Houston, I mean the leave-in conditioner that doesn't need to be washed out.

Oh, I never knew anything like this existed! Is it in any way harmful for the ponies/pony hair?
A year and a half has passed for the earliest ponies I used it on and they're still doing great!

Offline teacher316

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 10:30:56 AM »
sparkle pony, can you tell me what brand it is? Since it worked great for you, I'd like to get the same kind:)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:46 AM »
I have used it for dry, frizzy hair and it made a big difference. Didn't do squat with super frizzy hair.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:04:25 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »
sparkle pony, can you tell me what brand it is? Since it worked great for you, I'd like to get the same kind:)
I used Rusk conditioner I think, it was a pale orange color.  I can't seem to find the bottle anymore...  I have on occasion just left in a small amount of normal conditioner too, but it builds up more and should usually be washed out after a little bit.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 03:14:44 PM »
I do leave in sometimes; especially when you are flat ironing hair with issues sometimes leaving a teeny tiny amount in long term works better. So it depends on the circumstances and condition of the hair.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal