collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK members - what do you use to clean your ponies?  (Read 388 times)

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
UK members - what do you use to clean your ponies?
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:18:13 AM »
I have a couple of ponies that are filthy inside and I was wondering what product other UK members use to clean out the inside of their ponies?

Also which glue do you use to stick their heads back on?

Any help appreciated - Thanks  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: UK members - what do you use to clean your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:28:14 AM »
If the tail washer is rusty I remove it and the tail.  Don't be tempted to remove the clamp, I've never found a rusted clamp, only discoloured. The rust all comes from the washer.  Clean the tail and clamp with toothpaste to remove the rust.  I then put a scoop of vanish oxy action inside with warm water and leave to stand.  Some people use denture tablets.  I then scrub inside and out with a child's toothbrush and toothpaste. Always be careful around and painted areas (eyes, symbols blush) and I would avoid toothpaste or scrubbing on those areas.  Then I wash again with hand soap and rinse carefully. To dry I set them with the tail hole down and leave for several days.  Then I wipe over with baby (mineral oil) sometimes this removes some types of paint.  I pop the tail back in but usually don't bother replacing the washer or using a cable tie to secure the tail, just turn the clamp sideways so it's fairly secure.  Only reassemble if you're sure the inside is dry, test by putting a cotton bud into a leg.   I don't glue heads back on, they hold themselves in place with a plug inside which should remain undamaged if you take the head off correctly.  It also lets the next collector know that she has been opened up. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:34:51 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:45:56 AM »
I'm not in UK but I use the same Vanish method as Artemisia and never glue the ponies heads, there's no need for that. Good luck cleaning your ponies! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 11:46:36 AM »
You can also get "magic balls" from Lakeland to clean out the insides. They're little copper balls and they get into all the hard to reach places inside ponies.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »
Bottle brushes are good too. Or pipe cleaners.

On the outside I use a magic eraser, also acetone (keep away from paintwork/glitter), and a good scrub with shampoo and a nail brush can work too.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »
Bottle brushes after a soak with sterident (or a cheaper brand of denture cleaner tabs). I shove the tabs down into each leg and then fill the body with hot water and pop another 1/2 tab in the body. Leave to soak and then scrub. Its worked every time for me so far.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal