collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, we called Hasbro about distribution today...  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So, we called Hasbro about distribution today...
« on: February 17, 2015, 09:47:02 AM »
After they screwed up my recent online order, we were talking to reps, anyway, so I thought to ask about if Fashion Style Rainbow Power Applejack and Daisy Dreams (and the snowglobe Cadence and Twilight Sparkle - which I'd been unaware even existed until recently) were ever going to reach the US or not and actually got answers.  I'm not entirely sure I *believe* the answers, but if they were honest, it may make things more hopeful (but again, I'm not exactly holding my breath).

Apparently, the new FS girls are just beginning to be shipped out to US stores with this month's current wave of distribution, so we *should* (if the rep was honest or in-the-know enough) be popping up on shelves soon.  At least we can hope.

The snowglobe ponies are a bit more confusing, but it also can explain the weird distribution patterns we've already noticed with them.  Apparently, they are being just shoved in boxes and sent out at random.  The rep said there is no set number of character per box and they just fill the boxes as the ponies are completed and send them out that way by set.  It sounds like a pretty impractical way to do this sort of thing in my opinion, but if it's how they're actually going out, it sounds like we'll either hit the mother load of new ponies or never see them at all. 

I know that I'm not the only person that's been frustrated with the distribution patterns as of late, and again, I cannot say with complete certainty that these answers are true, but it's what they told me.  So keep those fingers crossed!  We may see these ponies yet!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: So, we called Hasbro about distribution today...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:10:03 AM »
:doh: Could the shoving them to a box completely randomly be the reason for missing Holly Dash too? -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:34 AM »
Wow, at least you got some answers!  I already had a friend in Canada pick up the water globe Cadance and Twilight figures for me since I had a feeling we wouldn't be seeing them here.  I was holding off on FS AJ and Daisy Dreams, keeping my fingers crossed that they'd get here eventually.  I really hope that's true.

Oh yeah, and Holly Dash missing is still a mystery, along with Rainbow Power Cheerilee, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy from the save wave.  I know some people in Texas have seen them, which is random as ever...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:17:12 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:21:30 AM »
I'm hoping against hope that since Celestia and Luna were at Five Below, I'll eventually find Cadance and TS there, too!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »
I'm still hoping for pegasus Flower Wishes and EQG Octavia :(
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »

Oh yeah, and Holly Dash missing is still a mystery, along with Rainbow Power Cheerilee, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy from the save wave.  I know some people in Texas have seen them, which is random as ever...

I didn't even think to ask them about the Holly Dash issue, since I've completely written off the thought of her reaching the US, based on how long she's been out in Europe already.  I did, however, pick up Rainbow Dash from that wave (with AJ and Twilight Sparkle) at TRU a couple weeks ago.  They were the only three they had at the time.  And I ordered Skywishes, Sunset Shimmer and Sweetie Drop from Hasbro Toy Shop.  Still on the lookout for Pinkie, Cheerilee and Fluttershy, but I'd been assuming they'd show up at TRU and the like soon, based on how I've already found some of them :-/  Hasbro's irritating.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 10:50:24 AM »
I didn't even think to ask them about the Holly Dash issue, since I've completely written off the thought of her reaching the US, based on how long she's been out in Europe already.  I did, however, pick up Rainbow Dash from that wave (with AJ and Twilight Sparkle) at TRU a couple weeks ago.  They were the only three they had at the time.  And I ordered Skywishes, Sunset Shimmer and Sweetie Drop from Hasbro Toy Shop.  Still on the lookout for Pinkie, Cheerilee and Fluttershy, but I'd been assuming they'd show up at TRU and the like soon, based on how I've already found some of them :-/  Hasbro's irritating.

Yeah, I'm all caught up with the CMM brushables.  Got Bon Bon, Sky Wishes, Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Twilight and AJ at TRU, then ordered Flower Wishes on Amazon.  I'll be ordering Fluttershy and Pinkie next, but it bothers me that we're pretty deep into Cutie Mark Magic and there are still Rainbow Power ponies missing.

This whole thing is most definitely irritating.

If FS AJ and Daisy Dreams show up before this month is over, I'll be extremely happy (and surprised).
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 10:54:10 AM »

If FS AJ and Daisy Dreams show up before this month is over, I'll be extremely happy (and surprised).
I actually forgot that they were supposed to come out at all! It is frustrating how we are missing some pony releases due to stores already getting the CMM merchandise. D: 
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »
its getting worrying, we have had crazy pony random-ness here too in New Zealand.
we got FS DD & AJ months ago. we have had all brushable but hollydash and the rarity.
only snow globes here are luna and celestia. nothing at all with Breezies in it :sad:
and no EGD collectors set (with them wearing the cloths they did in the movie)  :huh: the only EGD im really wanting   -_-

im feeling now we are just lucky what ever just turns up in the shops now. it use to be just the TRU & Target etc exclusive i use to worry about now its all sorts of random waves won't make it through.

i guess all we can do is help each other out in international trades  :satisfied:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 11:12:23 AM »
i guess all we can do is help each other out in international trades  :satisfied:

That seems to be the best thing to do right now, and thank goodness for the Arena because that makes it so much easier!
Instagram / Want List

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »

That seems to be the best thing to do right now, and thank goodness for the Arena because that makes it so much easier!
i know right. i wouldn't have near half the amount of beauty's in my collection as i do if it weren't for the arena ;)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »
You guys that have found anything new are LUCKY!!!!!

My local Wal-Mart hasn't got anything new in 3 or 4 MONTHS! Brushables? We're still on the RP with the tinsel hair. No full body symbols for me.  :( Fashion Style ponies? We still have Through the Mirror Luna and Celestia! A few weeks ago I did find one random Rainbow Dash with the roller skates. I snatched her up because I wanted the skates. Blind bags? They had wave 10 forever. They got ONE box of wave 11 in. When that was gone they restocked with TWO boxes of wave 10! Months later when those were gone they did the same thing again. One box of wave 11 followed by 2 boxes of wave 10.  :argh: POP Ponies? This one has been the biggest nightmare. I haven't seen anything past wave 1. Not even Lyra or Cheerilee! Why? Because my Wal-Mart got a full load of sets like these!

http://instagram.com/p/ydB5YCkABX/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/ydCW0nEACU/?modal=true

Wal-Mart is trying to sell a full display of damaged POP ponies as "good". Guess what, they've been sitting there for MONTHS. They finally whittled them down to where they could restock. They restock with more of wave 1!  :rant: :wail: Snow Globe ponies? I haven't seen one in person since the Fair LAST YEAR! I don't intend on collecting that set, but still... they should be here by now!

Sorry. Rant over now. If anybody is interested in helping out a poor pony pal, please check out my trade post.

sailorstitch

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »
I guess they're talking about randomised assortments when shoving 'whatever they have' in the box. If it matches the same barcode it all goes in the same case and they don't care?

Applejack, Daisy Dreams, Holly Dash and the W2 snowglobes are one thing everyone's focused on because they're new and exciting... I want to know where the other releases are too :mad: the FS Princess Twilight with the rainbow wings, the Rainbow Train, Rainbow Spa, Rainbow Bakery, and the FS double pack Celestia and Twilight! Are they country exclusives, store exclusives, are they discontinued, are they on the way?

And as for earlier releases, Flip & Whirl Dash and the Zoom & Go ponies never came here (and don't expect they will at this point), neither have the Breezie packs or Styling Strands Rarity (they might get repackaged into CMM). Seems like every new line gets shoddier and shoddier release patterns, if we even get the line at all (glares at TTM). Get it together and give me those ponies, Hasbro!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »
Oh man, I'm totally excited if Applejack will be available here. Although I don't know if I should get my hopes up... hm... I'd hate to be disappointed.

Side note, I always get jealous of shabbychicdee's signature. XD

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »
Applejack, Daisy Dreams, Holly Dash and the W2 snowglobes are one thing everyone's focused on because they're new and exciting... I want to know where the other releases are too :mad: the FS Princess Twilight with the rainbow wings, the Rainbow Train, Rainbow Spa, Rainbow Bakery, and the FS double pack Celestia and Twilight! Are they country exclusives, store exclusives, are they discontinued, are they on the way?

Well, I can't speak for any other country aside from the US, but we never got FS AJ, Daisy Dreams, Holly Dash, or the two water globes and it seemed like a handful of other places did.  So that's why we're focused on them.

The FS Twilight with rainbow wings, rainbow train, rainbow spa, bakery, etc. were released here but I believe they were exclusive to Kohl's.

I don't think the double pack Celestia and Twilight are available anywhere, yet.

Just keep your fingers crossed that these releases show up in your area, too!  I think we're all pretty fed up with how terrible the distribution between countries has been, when none of these things have explicitly been said to be exclusive to one country or another.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal