collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WE GOT THE HOUSE!  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
WE GOT THE HOUSE!
« on: February 15, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
We got the house, we got the house! *happy dance*  :frolic:

This is my original post:
Spoiler
So my fiance and I put in an offer for our DREAM HOOOOOME today!  Sorry, I'm just a bit excited and every time I bring it up, I stretch out the word home.  :lol:

Anyway, we've only been house hunting for about a month now, and our search started out pretty terribly.  We didn't have a real estate agent that we were working with, so I just looked up "homes for sale" in the area until I found one I liked.  The site I was using had a feature where you could save a house to your favorites, and the listing agent would be in contact with you about going out to see the house.  So after favoriting the house, I got an email the next day from the listing agent and he said he'd meet with us the following weekend, at the house, if we were serious about looking.

Of course we were!

Skip ahead to the following Saturday, we take my fiance's brother with us because he works for a building company and he knows the ins and outs of a good structured home.  Turns out this place was a total piece of junk, and even the real estate agent told us that we should skip out on it and start looking elsewhere.  The nice thing to come out of this?  We finally had a real estate agent to work with!  He was exceptionally helpful and we went out looking at houses every Saturday for the past 3 weeks.  We found a house that we loved and is just ten minutes down the road from our current location, but then... we found the perfect house about 20 minutes away, in the town where both my fiance and I grew up!  Our families are both excited because we'll be closer to them (we already lived in another state, a 5 hour drive away, for 3 years.  Then we moved back to PA and we live 20 minutes away).  The house is within our price range, and the couple that currently own the place did sooooo many renovations and updates!  The house is on a quiet street, in a pretty little neighborhood AND I'll finally be able to have the pony room I've been wanting for the last few years!  They turned the place into a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom house when it was originally 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, the basement is nearly finished, they have a spacious driveway with a detached garage, and a fenced in backyard and patio, which is perfect since we want dogs!  I'll be a 15 minute drive away from my job, and my fiance will be able to head over to a bus stop which is about 5 minutes away in order to get to his job in the city (he obviously would never drive since parking prices in the city are ridiculous).  On top of that?  The house hasn't even been listed yet!  We were the first people to get to see it, and if all goes well, they can skip the listing process if they accept our offer.

Just 24 hours ago, we were both worried that we may not have the money for the down payment because we were hoping to use the next few months to save up money.  Well, things began falling into place and we have more than enough money for the down payment thanks to my fiance's mom!  She was saving the money to go towards our wedding this upcoming October, but then my family decided they would take care of most of the wedding costs, freeing her up from having to pay for anything.

Right now I'm nervous, excited, scared, hopeful... so many feelings at once!  Since last night, I've talked to my mom, my grandparents, my fiance's mom and brother, my 3 best friends, and a few internet friends about the situation.  I have a wonderful feeling about all of this, and we feel like they'll accept the offer, but we won't know for sure until Wednesday.  So, I'm kinda nervous having to wait.

Long story short: This will be our first home and I'm too excited and nervous to even think straight!

Now for the latest update:
The couple selling the house got back to us with a counter-offer yesterday afternoon... and it was only a little higher than our original offer (and not nearly as high as we were expecting), so we took it!  We get to keep most of the appliances they have, except a fridge which we figure we'll have no problem buying on our own.  I just can't believe everything worked out so perfectly!

Because there were so many renovations done to the house, we don't expect the inspector will find too many negatives whenever that has to be done.  We're not moving until August, and the couple will be staying there until the end of June, when their new house is done being built.  They'll basically be "renting" the house from us after all the necessary paperwork and whatnot is done to say that we own the place.  And that works out, because we can't break the lease at our apartment too early or else we'll be hit with some steep fees.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your positive and kind words!  :heart: :heart: :heart: I'M ONE STEP CLOSER TO MY PONY ROOM!

I'm also taking deep breaths and preparing myself for the chain of events that need to occur before we actually move in.  Lots to do, but luckily we have plenty of time and an amazing real estate agent to help us out!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:18:57 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Today my fiance and I put in an offer for our first home...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »
Congrats and good luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 07:51:37 PM »
That is so exciting!! I hope everything works out for you guys. :hug:

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »
Congrats Congrats CONGRATS!!!! Im so jelly you get a house!!!!  You will get a real yard with your own trees and EEEEK and you can make a PONY ROOM! Im SO excited for you!!!!
 :cheer:

I wanna know more about this wedding!!!! :frolic: I wanna see your dress! I need to send you a wedding gift this year!!!!

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »
Exciting times guys!! Hope all turns out well for you both.

Jules x

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 12:05:11 AM »
Ooooh! :) Congratulations! I hope they accept the offer! Fingers crossed! :D  :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 07:01:03 AM »
Congrats! :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:14 AM »
That's exciting!!  Best of luck :D

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 09:58:54 AM »
Oh congrats!  Buying a new home is exciting business.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 07:22:28 AM »
Thank you so much everyone!  Tomorrow is the big day and I'm even more nervous than before. >_<
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 09:41:59 AM »
oh oh is it going to have a pony room ??
i realy want a house !!! have been looking for ages xaflame

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 10:29:18 AM »
oh oh is it going to have a pony room ??
i realy want a house !!! have been looking for ages xaflame

It will!  Last night my fiance and I were just talking about the house, and if we should get new furniture, stuff like that... then he turns to me with a smile on his face and asks "So which of the two extra bedrooms is gonna be your pony room?" I nearly died.  :drunk:  I mean, we've talked about this before but there was something about him just out-of-the-blue asking me that made me so happy!

Still waiting on an email or call from my real estate agent.  I've been here at work impatiently refreshing my email.  :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »
I do hope you are able to get the house!  How exciting!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Today my fiance and I put in an offer for our first home... [update!]
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 05:04:45 AM »
Update!  Yesterday we had to fill out some paperwork and outline our terms for the seller.  Today the seller and his wife will receive the paperwork and we'll find out if everything is acceptable, or if they come back with a counter-offer.  We have until the 22nd to come to an agreement, so I'll know by Monday, at the latest, if we got the house or not!
Instagram / Want List

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Today my fiance and I put in an offer for our first home... [update!]
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 06:15:39 AM »
Update!  Yesterday we had to fill out some paperwork and outline our terms for the seller.  Today the seller and his wife will receive the paperwork and we'll find out if everything is acceptable, or if they come back with a counter-offer.  We have until the 22nd to come to an agreement, so I'll know by Monday, at the latest, if we got the house or not!

This is very exciting news! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal