collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who regrets not buying a toy you wanted?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Who regrets not buying a toy you wanted?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 10:03:56 AM »
Every now and then I regret not getting this knock off alpacasso that was at our local asian grocery store. I don't know why, I have a whole slew of legit ones... and I don't really like knock offs... But I still think about it, and it's been a year now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 01:11:55 PM »
Me! Although listing a specific example would be hard. I know a couple of times I saw a rare toy and didn't know it was rare until it was too late.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 10:13:25 AM »
Remember when the non mane 6 Playful Ponies were still in stores?

......I do. /sulk

^this

I only got Plumsweet, saw all the other ones though. Still Im really happy I got Plumsweet at least, would have regretted it if I didn't.

I didn't pick up as nearly as many of them either. ;~; Stupid me for thinking we'd get an army's worth of uniques to choose from like G3 or G1. On the other hand It makes using G4s for customs a LOT easier. I don't feel as guilty about it since there are a million and one Pinkie Pies with absolutely little to no variation at all.

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
 :lol: more than I can count. All the times I thought they'll be more and nobody want its and just like that they become sky high in price. In particular a G1 Strawberry Scoops at Revco *when it was still around* in box, with everything. Now finding her intact with her soda is getting harder and harder. As for non-pony going with getting Japanese Sailor Neptune doll. She was somewhat rare but do to the revival of the series and scalpers :( is a pain to find.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 10:03:35 AM »
I regret missing out on the first G4 castle, I remember it was a 'parents said they'd get me it, then they didn't and they were meant to give me the money' but it didn't happen, I think though I largely wanted it for the Shining Armour toy so I'm sure I can get him loose easily enough
Some MH stuff, since like the distribution around here is really patchy it seems so it's really random what dolls are around and I know certain dolls their price hikes up like crazy but like I'm not as 'active' as a collector for them

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 03:17:55 PM »
Lol, my life is full of such regrets (though that's what happens when a collector tries to be responsible with money!). My biggest one would probably be from when I was about 10, and there was a thrift store selling a Sega Genesis with a box full of games for $60. No one else was buying it, so I saved up my money and when I was finally ready my mom took me to the store. And then, right in front of the Genesis, she gave me a talk about money management and about how I would feel much better if I saved my money for something more "important." HAH. So I didn't buy it. I'm just glad I don't remember any of the games in the lot -- if there had been something that is super valuable now, I would feel even worse!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 04:28:51 PM »
Lol, my life is full of such regrets (though that's what happens when a collector tries to be responsible with money!). My biggest one would probably be from when I was about 10, and there was a thrift store selling a Sega Genesis with a box full of games for $60. No one else was buying it, so I saved up my money and when I was finally ready my mom took me to the store. And then, right in front of the Genesis, she gave me a talk about money management and about how I would feel much better if I saved my money for something more "important." HAH. So I didn't buy it. I'm just glad I don't remember any of the games in the lot -- if there had been something that is super valuable now, I would feel even worse!

:cry: I had a boxed Sega Mega Drive (I think that was what they called the Genesis in the UK?), 3 Sonic the Hedgehog games, all boxed with manuals, etc, Echo the Dolphin, etc.

I let my parents trade it for an unboxed PS1 and a handful of games. OH YOUNG ME YOU WERE A TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE FOOL.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 08:21:48 AM »
I wish I had bought more G3 ponies when they were still being sold in stores. Not really any specific pony, because I didn't know the names back then and only bought the ones that really caught my eye. Wish I had gotten more though.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
I regret missing out on the first G4 castle, I remember it was a 'parents said they'd get me it, then they didn't and they were meant to give me the money' but it didn't happen, I think though I largely wanted it for the Shining Armour toy so I'm sure I can get him loose easily enough
Some MH stuff, since like the distribution around here is really patchy it seems so it's really random what dolls are around and I know certain dolls their price hikes up like crazy but like I'm not as 'active' as a collector for them

Same happened to me and the Ballet Wishes Barbie XD I waited for the first and second for Christmas each year (my mom told me not to buy them for myself, she likes getting Barbies for me) and neither of them came :P I had to get the first one from ebay and luckily I found the second one at K-Mart (they always have old stock lol)

So no more waiting when parents say they'll get something or you might miss out! :P
My Wish List

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »

Same happened to me and the Ballet Wishes Barbie XD I waited for the first and second for Christmas each year (my mom told me not to buy them for myself, she likes getting Barbies for me) and neither of them came :P I had to get the first one from ebay and luckily I found the second one at K-Mart (they always have old stock lol)

So no more waiting when parents say they'll get something or you might miss out! :P

Yeah I tend to get stuff for myself, but like it was a 'what do you want for Christmas?' 'you could get me this' then they decided they were like 'oh we'll get you something else' and yeah that plan worked out apparently since like they don't tend to do much to support my collecting hobbies other than you know putting up with the fact I collect stuff ;p

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Iris Patch

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2015, 08:39:59 PM »
When I was a kid with an allowance, I found some Japanese Arcanine dice games in a store in a mall we'd never been to before and would not return to for years... I has no money and I begged my parents to loan me the money because even then I wanted to collect everything Growlithe and Arcanine. They refused, probably figuring it would be a waste of money because I can't read Japanese and wouldn't be able to play the game.

Well, about fourteen years later I finally did get all four poses of Arcanine dice. It was HARD tracking them all down, not only are they old and rare, but the poses are blind packaged. I often think about how I could have had an early head start on that collection if only I had the foresight to keep twenty dollars or so in my wallet for "collection emergencies".
This happened with a few other things too, like an American release blocky Growlithe magnet that took me just as long to get.

Post Merge: March 13, 2015, 08:54:58 PM

I suppose I regret not knowing more friends in the US over a decade ago.

I really, really wanted the giant Tyranitar and Entei plushies from the US Pokemon Center. When we phoned them, one staff member was happy to ship them out to us in the UK. But then her supervisor told her that she wasn't allowed to do it, even though they had apparently shipped to the UK before as 'special exceptions'. That was back when they were $100/180 each (can't remember the exact price). I'm now looking at around $2,000 just to get one :(

*weeps* Yep, I remember those PokéCen giants and I wanted the Entei but I didn't DARE ask for it for Christmas, I was too scared (my mom was suspicious of the internet for a long time). I bid on one a few years ago and lost- it was over $1000. I've pretty much given up, the enjoyment I'd get out of an Entei or T-tar just isn't worth it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:54:58 PM by Iris Patch »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 12:55:40 PM »

:cry: I had a boxed Sega Mega Drive (I think that was what they called the Genesis in the UK?), 3 Sonic the Hedgehog games, all boxed with manuals, etc, Echo the Dolphin, etc.

I let my parents trade it for an unboxed PS1 and a handful of games. OH YOUNG ME YOU WERE A TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE FOOL.
Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Young me made a lot of mistakes, but I guess that's what happens when you're a kid! At least I learned a valuable lesson: never take advise from my mom again! ;P BUT I applaud my young self for taking care of my ponies and other toys. I was NOT a marker and makeup kind of girl! The only thing I ever did to my ponies was put my initials on their hooves, and I'm okay with that, since it lets me know now which ponies were from when I was a kid so I don't customize them or try to creatively clean them or anything.

Also, all of you people talking about Pokemon Centers in the US are making me super sad and giving me a new regret! I never even knew they existed in the US! I could have gone my whole life not knowing what I missed...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal