collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

After reading the following post, will you join me in the challenge?

Yeah, I'm all for it!
43 (61.4%)
Cool idea, but not this time.
7 (10%)
Are you kidding?! This is impossible! *hides at the sight of ugly-gen ponies*
6 (8.6%)
I think I'll sit back and watch the crazy people tear their hair out. *noms chips*
14 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: The All-Generation Appreciation Challenge! - Hug a plushie! <3  (Read 5709 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
I think I'm kinda ... intimidated? ... by sea ponies. Since they were water toys they may be prone to problems I don't know how to fix. I'd hate to buy something and end up in that situation. That said, i do think they are pretty and nearly bought a sculpt of Whitecap a month or so ago. I do want to get at least a couple of these eventually, since my goal (in general) as a collector is to get as many different varieties of ponies as possible. I want to know exactly what made various types different / unique... and it doesn't get much more unique than sea ponies.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I am not fond of merponies but in the spirit of the challenge I say that the detail on their scales looks awesome
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I'll take the challenge! G1 sea ponies I like, but like Ladybastilla I'm intimidated by their potential water based issues to own one. Merponies on the other hand...that's where this will be my challenge!
Let's see... Theyve certainly got good details! And...I like the bright colors!
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
I think I shall sit this one out. I do like more generations that I used to. I used to detest BBE but they are in my herd too. I dont collect G2 either but I like their colors. G3.5s are not my style either.  As for sea ponies they just don't do it for me. They are unique and cool in their own right but I am not up for this challenge.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Fancy Mermaid Babies are adorable! I like sea ponies, but they are the last ones that I'll be looking for for my collection.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
I think the sea ponies are pretty cute, but I don't think I'll ever actively seek them out or collect them.  I'll just admire them from afar. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Don't forget the fancy mermaid ponies! picture from strawberry reef visitors can't see pics , please register or login

those and the 3.5s are my fave baby seaponys are nice too!

Clearly she wants a hug

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
I don't mind seaponies, but I've never understood the "shoo be doo" thing...  :huh: would someone please explain it?

That's the first words the sea ponies sang in Rescue from Midnight Castle when they helped Megan and Applejack when they were under water. After that all sea ponies sang "shoo be doo" when they appeared.

Wavedancer is my favorite adult sea pony since I had her as a child. I played with her in the bathtub so the mold monster got her. I have a really nice replacement now and I still have my childhood one's brush and comb. I also like the G1 Fancy Mermaid ponies. I only have Baby Pearly right now but would like to have the others someday.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I think this is a really great idea.

I'll be honest, I don't think that I can go a month not ranting about something pony-related xD. I rant about G1 things too, and I adore G1, would never part with them. It's just part of the person I am, I think, to joke about even the things I love.

So, Sea Ponies...hrm.

I adore Sea Ponies and always have. I think that's because they had such vivid characters in the comics, the sets we had here. So again, no problem. Sand Dollar is still possibly the prettiest adult sea pony I have ever seen. I fell in love with her when I saw Escape from Katrina and had a mini flap fit when I knew she really existed. I love Sea Mist and White Cap too, but for some reason I never believed Sand Dollar existed and as a kid I had Shady, so she was a "Shady Sea Pony" xD.

I don't actually know a lot about other gen Sea Ponies or equivalents. I quite like the mermaids, actually, although they weren't sold in the UK so I don't have any kind of connection to them really. I did have Sea Ponies as a kid, and I went through a phase about ten years ago of trying to get sea ponies in package, because they were not popular. Now, it's so nice to see them being more popular again. They DO have a lot of potential issues, but I still think they're worth the effort.

Also, singing shoobedoo, shoo shoobedoo is a GREAT way to weird out friends...;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
Psst. Guys. Want a great way to celebrate seaponies without the cost? pineapplecupcake is offering some of her darling seapony art in the Adoptables forum! I'd go check it out... ;)

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I don't mind seaponies, but I've never understood the "shoo be doo" thing...  :huh: would someone please explain it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iakTl9SZTTY

:biggrin:
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
Wow, I missed a whole month! :shocked: Life has been busy, and I'll be off and on the Arena this summer. Let's get July's appreciation started a few days early!

:glitter: July is So-Soft Appreciation Month! :glitter:

I originally came up with the idea to do G3 So-Soft babies this month, but decided to extend it to G1 So-Softs as well, since I know there are some collectors who aren't fans of their flocking.

Personally, I never was a fan of the G3 baby So-Softs or G3.5 Newborn Cuties (even though they're technically not soft), but have always loved G1 SS ponies. I'm going to try to appreciate my SS babies more this month; maybe I'll put them in a more visible place than behind all my other G3s. ;)

If you already adore G1 So-Softs, great! Just challenge yourself to appreciate the G3 babies more. If you already love those, try appreciating the G1s instead. As always, if you happen to already love all the ponies for this month, just make up a personal challenge for yourself to be more positive about all generations of MLP!

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
I have two of the g3 babies, and though I'm not really collecting them family members think I do and keep picking them up at thrift stores. ;) You know how that is right? One of them is the one with the bedtime prayer (she still works) and I think thats really cute. (Even though I know some people were offended by that)

I used to have G1 SS Ribbon but I gave her to a swap partner who wanted her a lot. I was always more of a fan of deflocked SS ponies but after petting that Ribbon I like them now. Its just sad how easily the ears and such get bad rubs. :(
Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
So-Softs I love. The G3 baby dolls are very good for younger kids and plushy enthusiasts and they don't bother me.

Here is where I have issues and I will challenge myself.  The G1 So-Soft babies scare me with their dolls eyes, because I really, truly do have a mild phobia of dolls/puppets/etc. My compliment is that they're not as scary as they could have been and they're probably very good for snuggling.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:15:51 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
I only have two So Softs, Best Wishes and Twilight. Best Wishes is a childhood pony and Twilight is a replacement for the one that my grandma bought me that I wasn't able to get before she was thrown away. 

The G3 So Soft Babies look like they'd be nice to hug.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal