collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We Love Fine "Flutterbat" Vinyl Figure Pre-Purchase  (Read 5893 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
We Love Fine "Flutterbat" Vinyl Figure Pre-Purchase
« on: February 03, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Am I the only one who's disappointed?  I was really counting on them to make a Queen Chrysalis figure, but... looks like we're getting Flutterbat after just getting that Fluttershy/Discord figure.  Not that the possibility of a Chrysalis figure is thrown out the window, I was just hoping to see her sooner rather than later.

Actually, based on the other clues, I thought Applejack would finally get some time in the spotlight.  NOPE.  Much disappoint.

Depending on the price/design, I may buy it, though.  I'm just not a Fluttershy fan, and I'm even less of a fan of the episode that Flutterbat appeared in.  But I know lots of FiM fans go crazy over that yellow pegasus, so I'm not surprised.

What about you guys?  Is this a figure you might be interested in?  Hopefully it isn't $100 like the last one! I see this being in the $20 to $30 range, maybe.

update:  Looks like we have all the info now.  It's $28 and comes with a limited edition coin, much like the Nightmare Moon vinyl from last year.

Pre-order link.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:06:40 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Did anyone else see the newest 'clue' from WLF?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
Oh well I hope Funko makes her they will do better. I bet this is the design. I think I will buy this one.

Or this one

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:45:55 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »
WeLoveFine's statues are beautiful, but I'm disappointed to see Fluttershy twice in a row as well. The final work is great, but their selection process seems a little uninspired.

They would make a stunning Rarity, I bet.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone else see the newest \'clue\' from WLF?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
>: Not interested at all. I dislike Flutterbat, I didn't like that episode and I don't particularly care for the style of the Welovefine statues. G4 has an odd enough style, tweak it anymore and it looks awkward, or at least I think so anyway.  That style might actually have suited Chrysalis, though. She is already pretty lanky and weirdly proportioned to give her that insectoid appearance.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:44:00 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »
It just had to be Flutterbat.  :( Guess it was only a matter of time.
I don't think she would be the $100 pony,  but I wouldn't pay more than $30 for her, and that's pushing it.

I too would have preferred Chrysalis, or at least a different character pony.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:52:35 PM »
I love that preview! I'm not usually a fim fan but ponies and bats, yes please. I wouldn't pay $100 for it though. $30 + shipping tops.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 04:25:57 AM »
If this is is one of those $20-$30 figures, I may have to get one. I would have loved to get that Discord & Fluttershy one, but the price was too much.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 04:39:32 AM »
I'll be interested to see the final design, though I've not liked their other statues too much. I don't get the hype about Flutterbat, but I do love Fluttershy so I'll see how much she is. A Japanese figure site recently began selling these so if she's under the customs limit I might consider it.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 05:24:46 AM »
$100 for a physical representation of when FiM ripped off Wallace and Grommet?  Really?  We couldn't have Chrysalis or some other notable one off character?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 05:29:04 AM »
I'll be interested to see the final design, though I've not liked their other statues too much. I don't get the hype about Flutterbat, but I do love Fluttershy so I'll see how much she is. A Japanese figure site recently began selling these so if she's under the customs limit I might consider it.

The Nightmare Moon figure is by far my favorite, I also like :muffin: pony and the Vinyl Scratch one. I have Future Twilight Sparkle, but I wish they had gone with a design that still made her look like a pony.

I also don't get the Flutterbat hype.  It probably doesn't help that I truly didn't care for that episode.  And honestly?  There are tons of other figures I would've liked seeing before Flutterbat.  More villains, the Power Ponies, Spike, Zecora...the list goes on.  Maybe Funko will deliver on that front.

Also, it seems like a lot of other sites start selling these figures after their initial run on WLF.  Unless there's some sort of pre-order incentive (like the coin that came with Luna), I'll likely pass on it if it's more than $25.  I'm just a sucker for exclusive things.  :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 05:48:32 AM »
$100 for a physical representation of when FiM ripped off Wallace and Grommet?  Really?  We couldn't have Chrysalis or some other notable one off character?

Haven't seen too much of Wallace and grommet. Was there a similar story line? I just took the fluttershy bat thing to be a generic vampire story

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 06:10:44 AM »
Have you ever heard the phrase "there are no original ideas?" scoff all you want but it's true. Literally every story EVER written in human history is "ripping off" something else written somewhere else. You'll even see TONS similarities in things created in different cultures that never even had contact with each other. Do you really think the writers sat down, watched Wallace and Grommet and immediately said "THAT NEEDS TO BE A FLUTTERSHY EPISODE!" There is no telling what inspired that episode, maybe it was a claymation dog and man but who knows, really.  Just because a story line or even a character is similar doesn't mean it's trying to "do it better" or "rip it off" unless that is precisely the intention behind said project. Why do you think things like tropes and cliches even exist? It's because we DO see these similar themes or ideas so often in media and storytelling that we can pick them out instantly.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 06:20:56 AM »
Have you ever heard the phrase "there are no original ideas?" scoff all you want but it's true. Literally every story EVER written in human history is "ripping off" something else written somewhere else. You'll even see TONS similarities in things created in different cultures that never even had contact with each other. Do you really think the writers sat down, watched Wallace and Grommet and immediately said "THAT NEEDS TO BE A FLUTTERSHY EPISODE!" There is no telling what inspired that episode, maybe it was a claymation dog and man but who knows, really.  Just because a story line or even a character is similar doesn't mean it's trying to "do it better" or "rip it off" unless that is precisely the intention behind said project. Why do you think things like tropes and cliches even exist? It's because we DO see these similar themes or ideas so often in media and storytelling that we can pick them out instantly.

Maybe I read into it differently, but I don't think he was complaining about the episode being a "rip off" so much as of all the characters that WLF could've made a figure for, they chose to do one that doesn't stand out as much as some others.  Plus we just got a Fluttershy figure so... yeah.

I think it's almost a given that 99% of ideas these days are just taken from other, already existing, things.  So I definitely agree with you on that.

Also, I highly doubt this will be a $100 figure.  I'm not sure how well the last one sold at that price, but I think they'd get more sales if it's cheaper.  Plus I believe that figure was resin, whereas this one is likely to be vinyl like the others.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:24:41 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 06:50:15 AM »
*INHALES*

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

NEED NEED NEEED WANT WANT WANT GIMME GIMME GIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEEE!

:frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:

I dont care how much I hate WLF..... I know I NEEEED Flutterbat!!!! I HOPE to Celestia this figure is NOT $100...... PLEASE OH MIGHTY CERESTIA LET IT BE THE SAME PRICE AS NMM!!!

Im actually not dissapointed, Im a big Fluttershy fan however..... maybe they should have waited to release this figure around Halloween? I would have LOVED a Cadance and Shining Armor figure for Valentines Day OR their wedding anniversery release. If its Cadance or Fluttershy I WANT IT! xD I ESPECIALLY love Flutterbat. I love bats, and pink, plus im a vegetarian so shes awesome. I like to cosplay as her around NMN and Halloween. Id love more Flutterbat stuff in the house.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:56:13 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 06:51:00 AM »
I don't get it... why is Flutterbat so popular? I've never seen the episode, but I don't like the look of her at all. Give me plain ol' sweet Fluttershy any day.
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal