collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 90s Nickelodeon Fans Might Like this!  (Read 3139 times)

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 90s Nickelodeon Fans Might Like this!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »
I wouldn't call Catdog (thought that was CN show) Wild Thornberries (great show) and Hey Arnold old school Nick.

Eureka's Castle
Maya the Bee
Grimms Fairytales
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Lil bits
Wild n Crazy Kids
You Can't Do That on Television
Double Dare
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Doug
Salute Your Shorts
Adventures of Pete n Pete
Inspector Gadget
Danger Mouse
Heathcliff
Rugrats
Clarissa Explains It All
That's more old school Nickelodeon

Nick has been around a LONG time... what classifies as "old School Nick" will vary depending on who you talk to and who is nostalgic about what shows they watched on there. Also, it's been well over 10 years since the three cartoons listed in the article ended so they're starting to age and collect just as much dust as much as everything else that used to air on the channel.

Yep Nickelodeon goes back to the late 70's, believe it or not! And goodness the shows mentioned in the OP premiered close to 20 years ago. O.o I feel pretty darn old now. :x
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:11:48 PM by flyawayraven »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 03:18:40 PM »
I wouldn't call Catdog (thought that was CN show) Wild Thornberries (great show) and Hey Arnold old school Nick.

Eureka's Castle
Maya the Bee
Grimms Fairytales
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Lil bits
Wild n Crazy Kids
You Can't Do That on Television
Double Dare
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Doug
Salute Your Shorts
Adventures of Pete n Pete
Inspector Gadget
Danger Mouse
Heathcliff
Rugrats
Clarissa Explains It All
That's more old school Nickelodeon

Nick has been around a LONG time... what classifies as "old School Nick" will vary depending on who you talk to and who is nostalgic about what shows they watched on there. Also, it's been well over 10 years since the three cartoons listed in the article ended so they're starting to age and collect just as much dust as much as everything else that used to air on the channel.

Yep Nickelodeon goes back to the late 70's, believe it or not! And goodness the shows mentioned in the OP premiered close to 20 years ago. O.o I feel pretty darn old now. :x

The 70s? I thought it had been around since 80s/90s. Well don't I feel salty? :P and flyawayraven, don't break out the old folks cane yet. :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 03:28:29 PM »
I am glad about Hey Arnold.... I wonder if they can get the original voice cast back?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »
On one hand, I'm getting sick of people jumping on the bandwagon of bringing back stuff from the 80s and 90s. ("Wait, millions of people on the internet will give us money if we keep remaking the same things? Yes please!")

But on the other hand, I'm intrigued by more Hey Arnold. It was a very forward-thinking show, and I think (from the rumors I hear) it kind of got the shaft when it came to the movie. Apparently, they were planning to make an epic where Arnold and presumably the main cast go to the jungles and try to find his long-lost parents, but the plug was pulled while it was still in the writing stages. It'd be neat if reviving the cartoon (if that's true) could revive interest in the project. Not that I'd get my hopes up!

Hey Arnold is a neat show. The simple plots didn't hold up for me as an adult, but I loved the city atmosphere of the show and the wackiness, plus how forward-thinking it was overall.
I'll put something here some time

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 08:04:43 AM »
Yup, still no ending for Space Cases fans.

(Crawls back under her rock scoulding Billy Mumy...)

OH MY GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO WATCHED THAT! *high five*

I've never actually met anyone else who even remembered watching it. O.o I loved it!
Hijacking this a bit more...
This is the nerd that taped it religiously every Saturday night (and loves Kristian Ayre to bits). The tape was so worn out I was ealted when I found someone that had DVD copies about 7 years ago...

It was so very clever (come on how often do you get George Takei to dress full out as a lizard?) and is one of the SNICK shows that never got the credit it deserved. There's gotta be an underground following somewhere that's talking about it that I'm missing out on...

I LOVED this show!! I wanted to be Katerina so I could have rainbow hair :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 02:53:37 AM »
Yup, still no ending for Space Cases fans.

(Crawls back under her rock scoulding Billy Mumy...)

*coughs* Ahem. At one point during Space Cases, they mention in the starmap that they are near the Beta Quadrant and Bajoran Space. This is from Star Trek.

CLEARLY what happens is they hear about the wormhole by DS9 and during an attempt to get to said wormhole, they discover there's a whole other race of humans! just like them on the other side of the galaxy.

This eventually leads to Q sending them home.

Radu and Harlan get married.

Wait, sorry, sorry, I don't know how that part got in there...
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:21 PM »
I consider all the 90s-early 2000's old Nickelodeon! :D I grew up with those shows after all, now im in my mid 20's LOL this thread is soooo nostalgic! Hahah I remember are you afraid of the dark xD Scared the pants off us!!! I really miss All That, the Wild Thornberries, Catdog, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Chalk Zone, Angry Beavers, AH Real Monsters, oh maaan the list goes ON! :D I was a little little kiddo when those shows aired, so I was only allowed to watch the cartoons. Its sooo weird remembering when Spongebob first came to Nick....I remember seeing previews for it!!! Spongebob isnt considered old Nick to most fans, but wow it really did come out a long time ago and still airing!? xD

Anyways I hope all the older shows come back! 90's were the greatest!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:20:38 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 05:29:11 AM »
I adore Hey Arnold so that could be fun.

That was my absolute favorite show when I was little! (besides MLP of course lol)
My Wish List

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
That's really cool, but I don't know how they will do it.  First, the kids who did Hey Arnold are probably no longer kids and their voices may have changed.  Second, there aren't too many cartoons anymore that aren't computer animated and lots of companies who bring back shows from the past end up computer animating them but I hope they don't.

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »
If that article is true, then I can't wait for Hey Arnold! I used to love that show.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal