collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36352 times)

Snix

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2015, 05:24:42 PM »
Ok, here comes one itchy:

I think that the FIM fandom (or brony fandom if you want to call this) evolves to better in positive with the time and is better now than in early 2014 and 2013.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:27:03 PM by Snix »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2015, 06:05:09 PM »
I'm finding this thread is fun!  I think everyone's seen statements they agree / disagree with, but no one's gotten heated about it.  :)

Unpopular opinion:  I don't like the "boys as Clydesdale" idea.  I'd be down with them as a separate breed with both males and females, though.  (Funny story:  some of my little cousins came to visit me once and I got out my collection for them to play with.  Carefully supervised of course, ha ha.  Anyway, they immediately decided ICE CRYSTAL was the "mother" of the pony family they were putting together.  Even after I told them he was a boy--nope, he was the mom.)

Also,  I don't care for any of the Big Brother ponies except Tex, Wigwam, and Barnacle.  (The Mountain Boys, on the other hand, are awesome!)

That's awesome. :) When I first started looking at MLP as a whole I figured I would just decide which ponies were boys / girls. I think the Clydesdale styling is cool, but at the same time I don't know whether it really did us favors or not to have that kind of identifying feature. On one hand it gives the boys and girls something distinct. On the other hand it makes the genders totally unbalanced (which is common in dolls). Part of me appreciates it, and part of me wishes we'd avoided it.

But I will say that I love both the Big Brothers, the Playtime Baby Brothers, the Mountain Boys and the male ponies in the Loving Family sets. I want them ALL. (Now!) <-- That's probably the real problem. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2015, 08:13:21 PM »
I think this is an unpopular pony opinion; I don't like the Playtime Baby Brother Ponies, they're eyes look weird to me, a bit scary!! Like they weren't painted on quite right!! :0D

Jules x

I have the reverse opinion on that one; I love the Playtime Baby Brothers. In fact, they're one of maybe 2-3 sets of baby ponies that I like. I know a lot of people like the baby ponies, so that's probably not a popular opinion.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2015, 11:59:52 PM »
I don't like the Playtime Baby Brothers either, but not because of their eyes, but because of their mouths / cheeks.  They look puffed up somehow??   Like they are storing acorns in them or something.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2015, 03:06:12 AM »
Here's an unpopular opinion (possibly anyway) I HATE G1 and G2 customs. I just can't stand them. I don't mind them too much when it's an alternate pose pony so a G1 design but on a different mold, but when people do overly elaborate ones they just look wrong. I don't know why that is. I ADORE G3 customs though. G3 is just the best gen (IMO) for customs. They can look stunning.

Also i saw someone mention hair on plushies and i'm with you on that :) Hair on plushies makes no sense because you have them to cuddle. When you cuddle one with hair the hair gets messed up. For that reason i really dislike the G1 plushies. But then again whenever i see them they always look rather ratty (plus i don't like their eyes....they look stoned) Give me plush manes and tails over brushable ones any day :)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2015, 03:48:24 AM »
Having owned some plushies with hair, I definitely agree they have issues. I love my big Rarity plush, but keeping her hair looking nice is a challenge.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »
Yeeep. I won Twilight's Build A Bear dress on Ebay and in putting it on her, her mane and tail have gone all flyaway again  >_<
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

flyawayraven

« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2015, 06:26:22 AM »
I don't like the Playtime Baby Brothers either, but not because of their eyes, but because of their mouths / cheeks.  They look puffed up somehow??   Like they are storing acorns in them or something.
Hmm. I'll have to look at that whenever I get around to adding one inro my collection!

To me, flutter ponies have -really- weird puffy faces. The first time I saw one up close again as an adult, my immediate thought was the poor thing had mumps!

I understand that they had to create a new sculpt fof the flutters and all, but I feel that they really missed the mark on their heads.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
I don't think I'd prefer hair on a plushy, maybe more like a fabric mane and tail or something and I despise the little strips of cloth like on Trixie Lulamoon. Makes it look like some cheap dollar store pet toy
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline dotdotdot

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »
Here's a weird one: I prefer "loved too much" ponies to new or mint ponies. To me the whole appeal is the restoration. Frizzy hair? Rusty tail? Sharpie marks all over? Rubbed off glitter symbol? Not a problem. I've brought it to the point where I own only a single completely new pony, which I got as a birthday present. That being the case I can't resculpt molds or reroot hair for the life of me.
Is a total cheapskate.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2015, 03:36:46 AM »
Here's a weird one: I prefer "loved too much" ponies to new or mint ponies. To me the whole appeal is the restoration. Frizzy hair? Rusty tail? Sharpie marks all over? Rubbed off glitter symbol? Not a problem. I've brought it to the point where I own only a single completely new pony, which I got as a birthday present. That being the case I can't resculpt molds or reroot hair for the life of me.

Same here, I love cleaning up ponies. If you can't restore it, I don't want to know.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2015, 03:48:20 AM »
To me, flutter ponies have -really- weird puffy faces. The first time I saw one up close again as an adult, my immediate thought was the poor thing had mumps!

I understand that they had to create a new sculpt fof the flutters and all, but I feel that they really missed the mark on their heads.

Now that you say that, I can see it. I still loved my Morning Glory though. When I downsized my herd as a kid, I kept 3 ponies out of 20+ and Morning Glory was one of the 3.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
This might be another "unpopular opinion" among bronies, but I think it might be unpopular here as well.

For FIM, I don't think alicorns are immortal.  This part is mostly headcanon, but I think that some alicorns (like Celestia and Luna) have longevity, but not immortality.  It has already been stated by the writers that Twilight will have a normal life-span.

The only possible exception to my opinion is, that with "full alicorns" (like Celestia and Luna) is that they might be immortal via age only - they can still die via other methods, and this is proved in the season 4 premiere - why would Twilight think Celestia was dead if she can't die?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Ponykit

« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2015, 01:57:03 PM »
I adore the Newborn Cuties shorts. In fact, when I heard that there was a My Little Pony TV Show coming, I half-hoped it would be Newborn Cuties.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »
I adore the Newborn Cuties shorts. In fact, when I heard that there was a My Little Pony TV Show coming, I half-hoped it would be Newborn Cuties.
Aw heck yeah!  I love the Newborn cuties, their hair is so fun to play with~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal