collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36369 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2015, 10:15:23 AM »
I though of something else;

Army building bothers me a bit, especially if it's a harder to find character/version.

Yeah, I agree with you there. If it's a really common pony, I'm fine with it because then you're giving a pony a home who otherwise might sit in a sales box forever. But I don't like to see armies of hard-to-find ponies.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »
.I don't like that the funkos come in black, why? It's just weird.
To make you buy more of the blind boxes in hopes of getting a painted mini version of their larger molds. They probably wouldn't sell as many if ALL of them were painted. They'd probably sell less of the larger figures if the smaller ones were just as nice, cost a lot less and were as easy to get a hold of. You'd locate the one you wanted and be done with it instead of "Opens box" DARN IT! "Opens another box" DARN IT! I don't think they have codes like Hasbro's  blind bags.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »

To make you buy more of the blind boxes in hopes of getting a painted mini version of their larger molds. They probably wouldn't sell as many if ALL of them were painted. They'd probably sell less of the larger figures if the smaller ones were just as nice, cost a lot less and were as easy to get a hold of. You'd locate the one you wanted and be done with it instead of "Opens box" DARN IT! "Opens another box" DARN IT! I don't think they have codes like Hasbro's  blind bags.

They're placed in the boxes in a specific order :) The black is supposed to look like the vector of the character on the box art of the larger ones. I personally prefer the smaller ones as they have a matte finish and less flaws, and the black looks interesting compared to the regular ones.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

MagicStar

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2015, 01:51:06 PM »
I had no idea the collector's pose was unpopular. It's what made me fall in love with collecting vintage toys at all. Same with g2, but I did notice the lack of them available for sale or talked about much, and I think they are very cute, and by far cuter babies than g1.

A headcanon that I assume might be unpopular: The pony Psychology in FiM would be considered autistic to humans. Basically, they are all autistic :D I am myself, and see it easily in the way they all dedicate their life to a special interest, are non sexual, etc. (which are true of me, though not all others.)

I am more excited about collecting fakies than actual ponies!

And, I really am tired of running into Megan and Sundance  >_< It's probably because I am younger and have no nostalgia from it, but I don't really like any of the white bodied ponies (they seem unfinished) and I really don't like the geometric design of her symbol.

Oh, and I love g3.5 ponyville!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:53:41 PM by MagicStar »

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
.I don't like that the funkos come in black, why? It's just weird.
I hate those blind boxes or anything like that , they also had the MLP Fashems like that, I never bought the blind Fashems ,then I found a blister pack with all of them :) .
The black mini funkos had me going nuts the first time :) but the second time I was just patient and got the HTF ones from China for regular price at the end :) ,I was caving in and bought 4 boxes, the sign was clear, I ended up with 3 big macs LOL , I was able to trade them later but Oh man, never again .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2015, 07:01:37 AM »

Army building bothers me a bit, especially if it's a harder to find character/version.

Yeah, I agree with you there. If it's a really common pony, I'm fine with it because then you're giving a pony a home who otherwise might sit in a sales box forever. But I don't like to see armies of hard-to-find ponies.

I'll add on my agreement. It's anyone's choice what to collect but when someone has an army of a pony I don't have yet I can't help but feel a little frantic. "You're taking all of them!" XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »
Army building bothers me a bit, especially if it's a harder to find character/version. Especially if said "army" is being done just to hoard the rare figure.... Not to be confused with collecting a character, though. If there is some sort of variation or different gimmick is okay but I've always been content with having just like one of a character. G4 for example. Playful Rarity, Fashion Style Rarity, Rainbow Power, Mini figures, Funko, Plush...  Different paint, tinsel/non, different mane colors.For me there is enough there to set them apart even if they are the same size class. Anyway,  I don't really see the necessity of having 20, 50, 100 of literally the same EXACT version of a pony. The only think I can think is "Not cool, bro. Let every body else have one." The worst instance I've ran across is some guy that posted a photo of a room in his house FILLED with those nice, show-accurate 4DE Twilight Sparkle plushies. To my knowledge they are pretty hard to come by.  I know it's your money and no one can tell you how to collect/ect but I've just don't understand the appeal of  "Gotta hoard 'em all".
I agree, especially on the rarer ponies.  :/

Although I do like G1, I prefer their cartoon appearance to the actual toys. And I prefer G3 toys in general. I guess I'm not very nostalgic with G1.

I'm not really interested in the whole shipping thing. But that applies to every series ever, so... :P

I love BBE ponies. More than most of the adult G1s in terms of mould.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2015, 08:23:30 AM »
Speaking of cartoon appearances, it makes me love Twinkle Eye ponies even more. Quite a few friends have told me the dolls were creepy but watching them in the cartoon just seals that "soulless gaze" look and its' awesome!

I also have to agree with the shipping thing. I nver understood shipping in ANY fandom period. With ponies it makes even less sense, especially for older gens whose target audience was much younger and the characters were more two-dimensional in terms of personality.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »

Army building bothers me a bit, especially if it's a harder to find character/version. Especially if said "army" is being done just to hoard the rare figure.... Not to be confused with collecting a character, though.

I agree with this.  The only G1 pony I have multiples of is Night Glider.  I know lots of people want her, and I'm for sure not trying to keep others from having her, so I have one near-mint and the others have flaws that I intend on fixing, so they were pretty cheap (like one has some hair missing and rubs to her eyes/symbols, so I'll be replacing the hair with different colors and painting her symbols so they glow-in-the-dark).

I'd like to think that not many people do this, but it just seems like a waste of money to hoard a character for the sake of saying "Look at what I have that you don't!"
Instagram / Want List

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »
I like BBE ponies! They are creepy cute. Also I like TAF Buttons' pose. It looks like she's about to stomp on something :)
I'm a big fan of factory curl on my G1s even if it's frizzy. If the curls are there I won't try to fix them.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2015, 06:22:25 PM »
I do not like plastic clothes for ponies of any gen, please give us more fabric ones again.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2015, 06:28:24 PM »
I do not like plastic clothes for ponies of any gen, please give us more fabric ones again.
Yes, 100% this. I saw the new ones from Toy Fair, looked at their clothes and went "Nope". I just don't see the allure--even if I can see practical reasoning behind it. Plastic clothes look silly / cheesy / ... something... to me.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »
Hows this for aN unpopulair opinion.

I think all of the official g4 merchandise is utter trash. The funko models are the best that have been produced but even those i don't like, with the exception of discord. The reason for my dislike of all the official stuff? Almost none of it looks like the show.

I like the show and if i want to buy a figure of a character in the show then i want it to look like that character. For a lot of the figures i have to read the packaging in order to find out what character it is. If i can't tell what character i'm looking at when i've watched the entire run of the show multiple times then you've failed as a toy company imo.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »

I think all of the official g4 merchandise is utter trash. The funko models are the best that have been produced but even those i don't like, with the exception of discord. The reason for my dislike of all the official stuff? Almost none of it looks like the show.

I like the show and if i want to buy a figure of a character in the show then i want it to look like that character. For a lot of the figures i have to read the packaging in order to find out what character it is. If i can't tell what character i'm looking at when i've watched the entire run of the show multiple times then you've failed as a toy company imo.
This isn't an unpopular opinion at all... Why do you think Funkos and "show accurate" mini figs/blind bags most likely exist? Because there were SO many complaints from a vast majority of G4 fans. So many folks were also begging for show accurate toys that Hasbro gave them what they wanted. Just browse Equestria Daily's comments section regarding new toys and merchandise. If it's not directly pandering to Bronies it's all "Trash" or "Hasbro failed us yet again!" or "The designers are all stupid!"

Also, licensed merch is still official. Unless it's a bootleg or some third party using IPs without permission.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »

This isn't an unpopular opinion at all... Why do you think Funkos and "show accurate" mini figs/blind bags most likely exist? Because there were SO many complaints from a vast majority of G4 fans. So many folks were also begging for show accurate toys that Hasbro gave them what they wanted. Just browse Equestria Daily's comments section regarding new toys and merchandise. If it's not directly pandering to Bronies it's all "Trash" or "Hasbro failed us yet again!" or "The designers are all stupid!"

Also, licensed merch is still official. Unless it's a bootleg or some third party using IPs without permission.
This. As I was too doubting that your "unpopular opinion " was really "unpopular",Soaring  :huh:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal