collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36085 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »
I'm all about G3 toywise. I like them MUCH better than any other generation, including G1. Honestly, I think the only G1 I'd really like to have is Baby Moondancer.

*hides* :yikes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2015, 01:23:05 PM »
I don't like G1 newborns very much.

But I REALLY don't like Teeny Tiny Newborns.  All I can imagine is that a rogue wizard aimed a shrink ray at their bodies, legs, and noses.  Poor suffering things.

And I've never liked So-Softs, but I'm not sure if that's an 'unpopular opinion' or not?  But anyway, yeah, I don't like So-Softs. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »
I´ve surprsingly found out that-totally opposite to my preferation of colors when it comes to my own clothes and interior decor-don´t like strong colors on ponies. I much prefer mellow, muted pastels and even natural colors like Macau Jenny.
I don´t understand peoples love for Gingerbread. Or white ponies at all for that matter (except Starshine. She´s fab.)
I love the collectors pose, and Peachy and Cotton Candy in particular.
I´m not very fond of any of the TV-shows pre dating MLP-FIM. And not interested in them at all. I like the toys, not the cartoons.
I hate EG, but I have an 11 year old son that is obsessed over it, so there´s no escaping. :-D
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 03:14:02 PM »
They're just... different. I love showing people who are completely unfamiliar with ponies the rusty-eyed ones... just to creep them out. Yeah, I'm that person.

That is so awesomely funny Ringwraith :devious:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:18:14 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2015, 03:15:55 PM »
They're just... different. I love showing people who are completely unfamiliar with ponies the rusty-eyed ones... just to creep them out. Yeah, I'm that person.

That is so awesomely funny :devious:

This thread is actually making me want to get a BBE pony and hide it in someone's room while they're asleep, so then when they wake up they'll have a super-creepy pony staring at them. XD

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2015, 04:14:41 PM »

This thread is actually making me want to get a BBE pony and hide it in someone's room while they're asleep, so then when they wake up they'll have a super-creepy pony staring at them. XD
I would do that to my roommate, but I know she would do something totally awful in retaliation. For instance, she might actually burn it with fire. For real. O_o

Post Merge: January 27, 2015, 04:16:44 PM

But I REALLY don't like Teeny Tiny Newborns.  All I can imagine is that a rogue wizard aimed a shrink ray at their bodies, legs, and noses.  Poor suffering things.

OMG, it would be that wizard from the book "Glory the Magic Unicorn". For those unfamiliar, this wizard kidnaps Glory and steals her horn for its magical powers. It traumatized me as a child.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Remember
OMG, it would be that wizard from the book "Glory the Magic Unicorn". For those unfamiliar, this wizard kidnaps Glory and steals her horn for its magical powers. It traumatized me as a child.

Remember when you were a kid and you'd grab at someone's face and gleefully shout, "Got your nose"?

WELL . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »
Love the tinsel tufts in the second set of princess ponies. They remind me of feathered plumes.

I'm not a fan of first tooth babies.  Evil I tells ya!
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »

Don't do it taproot! The BBEs will steal your soul and control your body and then you will be forced to spread their nefarious curse upon the world until a Pony Shaman or Witch Doctor can cure you via Princess Rinse n Spit intervention. :shocked:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »
I can't really stand Newborn babies! I also like molded hair ponies like the Funko vinyls. And I do like show accuracy when it comes to G4 - it's not always a dealbreaker for me, but since this generation is so heavily reliant on the show, I prefer it when the characters actually look like they do in the cartoon. (The last two are unpopular here I think, definitely wouldn't be unpopular on a brony site.)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2015, 03:30:43 AM »
More often than not, nirvana people go crazy over the "vanilla scent" of Greek ponies. To me, they reek of disintegrating poor quality vinyl… in my childhood, a store selling cheapo plastic wares smelled the same.

There is scientific evidence that the "vanilla scent" is actually a product of natural disintegration. At least, I know this is the case in old books. I don't have a link to the article I read on it, but you can probably look it up if you're interested.

Ha! I might actually score a point there! :cool:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2015, 04:28:25 AM »

There is scientific evidence that the "vanilla scent" is actually a product of natural disintegration. At least, I know this is the case in old books. I don't have a link to the article I read on it, but you can probably look it up if you're interested.

This sounds like an interesting read!

Hm. I am happy that the g4 like doesn't churn out 100s of useless ponies like previous lines. :x easier to correct, and less space needed. And I love the small size too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:33:16 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2015, 07:24:34 AM »

Hm. I am happy that the g4 like doesn't churn out 100s of useless ponies like previous lines. :x easier to correct, and less space needed. And I love the small size too.

That's a funny way of looking at it, made me laugh  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Iris Patch

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »
I think Rapunzel is really ugly, and I don't like baby ponies.
I love Surprise hair color, for some reason really crazy clashy colors make me happy, and I love gray ponies and wish there were more.

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2015, 11:14:17 AM »
- I like G2 and think they look pretty and nostalgic, I don't mind that they're so different from G1.

- I don't like flutter ponies' faces!

- I like the G3 donkey pose. I still don't quite get what's so bad about it.

- I like G4, but only the simple plain brushables. And the show is ok, but I don't relate them to one another. So I couldn't care less about show accuracy.

- I don't like customs made out of G1s. Not cause of the age/value, but cause I just think they look weird as customs! Like, the molds are too classic looking for such fancy paint jobs.

- I also don't like the idea of rehairs, not even to restore a pony to its original look. It kinda bugs me that it's not the real hair :/

- I despise plushies because they usually look really off to me!

- I love when ponies have a different tail colour to their mane

- I love bride pony's pose (it seems like a lot of people don't) Sweetheart sisters too. But I kinda don't think of them as G1.

- I'm fine with the amount of G4 characters that have been released thus far. As they're very similar to each other pose-wise, I sorta don't want too many to buy.

- I don't see the appeal of styling size ponies! Their proportions are worse and the eyes are very often at an unflattering angle/size compared to the brushables.. plus they're too big for my liking.

- For similar reasons, I also don't like the funko vinyls. And their paint jobs, yikes :p

I tried to balance the likes with the dislikes :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:17:27 AM by sweetapple »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal