collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)  (Read 18369 times)

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »
If you get Luna please post photos of her because I can't wait to get her! I want to see as many photos of her as possible!

I can help with that! :D My mom got me Luna today as a birthday present (my store only had a few of her left so I'm happy we could snag one). We went with the white cape/dress thing over her actual one because we thought that it went sooooo much better with her.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2015, 04:02:38 PM »
 :newpony: I got a Luna too first BAB pony but love her so much unfortunately no pics atm.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
With the dresses for Luna and Cadence, do they have wing slots like Twilight's dress or do they go around the waist like Fluttershy's?
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »

If you get Luna please post photos of her because I can't wait to get her! I want to see as many photos of her as possible!

I can help with that! :D My mom got me Luna today as a birthday present (my store only had a few of her left so I'm happy we could snag one). We went with the white cape/dress thing over her actual one because we thought that it went sooooo much better with her.

Thank you for sharing, she's beautiful! I really want to get her that outfit as well- Celestias looks better on Luna!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
I snagged Luna too (my store was almost out too!) I bought Luna's clothes :) They didn't even have Celestia's clothes there. You are right, they look better. I just adore her though. Well done BAB!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2015, 07:09:58 PM »

Then my phone did a weird thing with the lighting, but I liked it... :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:38 AM »
I'm so annoyed because besides Princess Luna I also want Shining Armor but you can't use build a bear bucks gift cards to make purchases.  I don't have a credit card and you need a credit card tied to it for billing information and since you can't tie build a bear bucks with billing for some reason it can't be used.  I guess they're only meant to be used in stores but it has a section to use the build a bear bucks online.  My Dad tried to purchase one for me a while back but it wouldn't accept his card because of fraud prevention and the person we spoke to said wait an hour or two after the card is cleared and it still didn't work.  My Dad tried it the next day and same thing.  It's not from lack of money on the card he has money it's just being a pain in the butt.

I mean, if you buy from amazon or walmart you can use gift cards online and they just need your billing address to make purchases.  I also tried using gift cards like american express and because you can't have billing information tied to it they aren't accepted.   :stressed:

I payed for my Shining Armor using Paypal, which allows for bank payments. Maybe try that?

I don't have paypal either but it's a good suggestion.

Post Merge: March 23, 2015, 08:39:42 AM

I'm so annoyed because besides Princess Luna I also want Shining Armor but you can't use build a bear bucks gift cards to make purchases.  I don't have a credit card and you need a credit card tied to it for billing information and since you can't tie build a bear bucks with billing for some reason it can't be used.  I guess they're only meant to be used in stores but it has a section to use the build a bear bucks online.  My Dad tried to purchase one for me a while back but it wouldn't accept his card because of fraud prevention and the person we spoke to said wait an hour or two after the card is cleared and it still didn't work.  My Dad tried it the next day and same thing.  It's not from lack of money on the card he has money it's just being a pain in the butt.

I mean, if you buy from amazon or walmart you can use gift cards online and they just need your billing address to make purchases.  I also tried using gift cards like american express and because you can't have billing information tied to it they aren't accepted.   :stressed:

You can definitely use BAB gift cards on the website. I just used one towards my Shining Armor. Is build a bear bucks different than the standard gift cards you can buy at the store?

I bought Cadance in store today along with her dress and Luna's dress. Frankly I think Luna's dress suits Cadance's coloring more anyway! Since I spent more than $25 I got a $10 gift card for $5 so I used that towards SA and also bought Celestia's dress (which I think will look nicer on Cadance too!) to bring the cost over $40 for free shipping. I think these are the last BaB plushies I'll get since they take up so much room, but darn it they are cute!

They're the same card, I find some at CVS or Walgreens where the gift cards are.  Did you have credit card info on the website as well?

I did use a credit card as well because the gift card was only a partial payment, but I would think if you had enough gift cards to cover the whole thing you wouldn't need credit card info. I could be wrong though, obviously since that's not something I have experience with. That's annoying if you still need credit card info even with them. I wonder if there's a way they could order him online for you through the store and you wouldn't need a credit card that way? It's worth calling and asking!

I'll try that thanks.  I'm going to the Providence Place Mall on Thursday with some people I work with and that mall has a build a bear.  I really hope they still have Luna and I'll ask about ordering online through the store.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:40:08 AM by Majesty »

WhiteHeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2015, 08:44:43 AM »
I'll try that thanks.  I'm going to the Providence Place Mall on Thursday with some people I work with and that mall has a build a bear.  I really hope they still have Luna and I'll ask about ordering online through the store.[/color]

If all else fails maybe you can find someone who would be willing to order for you in trade for the gift cards or something else. Good luck getting him! It's pretty frustrating that he's online only even for people who can place the orders just fine. I know I like being able to pick out my faces and it would have been nice to take both him and Cadance home at the same time!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2015, 09:06:18 AM »
With the dresses for Luna and Cadence, do they have wing slots like Twilight's dress or do they go around the waist like Fluttershy's?

Luna's has wing holes.  :)  I didn't buy Cadance.  I also didn't put the dress on my Luna but I recall having a terrible time getting Celestia's wings through her cape for my little niece.  The hole could be bigger, that's for sure.

BAB was also running a sale on Saturday where you got $5 off a clothes purchase of $20 or more, so that deal combined with a $10 gift card made getting Luna and her clothes and Celestia's clothing only not too bad of a deal.  Luna's cape is weird because half of it is plastic!  I only wanted the crowns and necklaces so I will give Luna's cape to my niece.  Does anyone want Celestia's cape only? 

When I went in the bin with Luna was completely empty and the clerk had to go to the back to get more.  She said, and the guy doing the stuffing confirmed, that she has been flying off the shelves! 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:22:08 AM by Skeen »

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2015, 09:29:41 AM »

Luna's has wing holes.  :)  I didn't buy Cadance.  I also didn't put the dress on my Luna but I recall having a terrible time getting Celestia's wings through her cape for my little niece.  The hole could be bigger, that's for sure.

I had to squish Twilight's wings through her dress's holes, too! They're fitted to the base of the wings that is much thinner than the rest :lol: I might get Luna, Cadence, and Celestia's too, after all, as we have the same offer on here....hm. I'd rather we could buy the crown and necklaces for £5 and the dress be another £5 :(
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2015, 09:36:30 AM »

I had to squish Twilight's wings through her dress's holes, too! They're fitted to the base of the wings that is much thinner than the rest :lol: I might get Luna, Cadence, and Celestia's too, after all, as we have the same offer on here....hm. I'd rather we could buy the crown and necklaces for £5 and the dress be another £5 :(

I know, I only wanted the jewelry!  The dresses will go unused, unless my niece gets a Luna, in which case she can have the dress. 

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2015, 10:16:49 AM »
So happy I picked up my Luna yesterday! There were only 5 left in the bin and one of the employees said she has been extremely popular - more than Cadence.

Picked up the cape set too and qualified for the Bear Bucks :)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2015, 10:51:13 AM »

I know, I only wanted the jewelry!  The dresses will go unused, unless my niece gets a Luna, in which case she can have the dress.

I guess this is why it's a set :( The pony outfits can't be used for any of the bi-pedal bears (I reckon I could get the capes onto my Team Santa reindeer, though!), so I guess they don't want a surplus? They do seem incredibly reluctant to put things on sale or clearance...

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »

I tend to fold/roll the fabric of the wing inwards on either side so that it's the same size as the plastic stick in the middle, then with both wings held between the fingers of your non-dominant hand, use the other hand to pull the cape on. :P Almost as difficult as being a toddler and trying to get Barbie's arms to behave for five seconds so that I can change her dress.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2015, 12:35:20 PM »
I wonder if i'm the only one, but i always feel a bit dissapointed when i compare the actual products to their promo pictures.
Are they just hard to photograph?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal