collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)  (Read 18379 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:11 AM »
Luuuuuuunaaaaaa!

I am so excited for March!

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 10:03:14 AM »
 :dropjaw: :yippee: :newpony:
OMG! I am blown away! They all look amazing!
Especially Luna! She just takes my breath away! SOOOOO can't wait!!!!!!!

And yea um I'll be needing to make some room for them. LOL
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:06:28 AM by BlueBelle »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:17 AM »
I don't collect BAB BUT OMG SHINING ARMOR AND LUNA?!!

Oh yes, this!!   I want that Luna!!  <3

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
Is it confirmed they're all out in March?  :huh: This doesn't bode well for them all being in-store (especially given the UK got the short end of the stick last time there was a release of three with two of them being online exclusive :cry: ). HOPEFULLY, if one of them has to be online-only, it'll be Shining. He's the one with the fewer issues that could arise  :lol:

Gonna suck for my wallet, too. At least I have a £10 gift voucher from their offer in December, and a £5 SFS off. Hopefully they will have one of their other offers on their buildable friends between now and then, too.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Terra

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Longeared/
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Oh no!! I want all 3... ;n;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »
Yea! Princess Luna, I'm going to get her & Shining Armor, I hope they are not just web specials. Squee!

Dumb question:

Why do people mind them being online specials?   Is shipping really expensive or something?   

I don't have a BAB near me, so I'd be glad to be able to order online.  So, I'm just trying to figure out why this is an issue for some.  Just nosey!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2015, 12:17:04 PM »
Yea! Princess Luna, I'm going to get her & Shining Armor, I hope they are not just web specials. Squee!

Dumb question:

Why do people mind them being online specials?   Is shipping really expensive or something?   

I don't have a BAB near me, so I'd be glad to be able to order online.  So, I'm just trying to figure out why this is an issue for some.  Just nosey!

For me, it's because the majority of them in stores have badly bent wings, or other issues (loose/frayed stitching on the eyes and cutie marks, tears in the fabric, poorly rooted hair, some of them have heads with dodgy stuffing so they're all wonky, etc) and I have to dig through the bin to get one without those issues, whereas if it's just someone grabbing one at the warehouse, I have no control over whether I get a decent one. I've also heard they ship them in the bear houses, which the ponies don't fit into without being squashed down (and with the alicorns being taller...that's a lot of squashing, then you have to pray the box isn't damaged in the post). You can't have them shipped to you unstuffed here for some reason, too, so it takes away the "buildable" aspect of BUILD-A-Bear, which is frankly, ridiculous. You're still paying for the novelty of the buildable toy, but they're taking away that aspect of it  :mad:

That and you also have to pay postage on top, as if the plushes weren't expensive enough, and I think you can only use one voucher code per transaction, meaning I'd be unable to use both my giftcard and £5 off STS :/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »
Goodbye money and shelf space, I'm gonna get all 3!  :P
same here :)

I did try to sell them,:)  but so far just Scootaloo ,Trixie and Zecora were sold, but I already bought  Trixie and Zecora when Celestia came out :)

Post Merge: January 25, 2015, 12:32:17 PM

Dumb question:

For me, it's because the majority of them in stores have badly bent wings, or other issues (loose/frayed stitching on the eyes and cutie marks, tears in the fabric, poorly rooted hair, some of them have heads with dodgy stuffing so they're all wonky, etc) and I have to dig through the bin to get one without those issues, whereas if it's just someone grabbing one at the warehouse, I have no control over whether I get a decent one. I've also heard they ship them in the bear houses, which the ponies don't fit into without being squashed down (and with the alicorns being taller...that's a lot of squashing, then you have to pray the box isn't damaged in the post). You can't have them shipped to you unstuffed here for some reason, too, so it takes away the "buildable" aspect of BUILD-A-Bear, which is frankly, ridiculous. You're still paying for the novelty of the buildable toy, but they're taking away that aspect of it  :mad:

That and you also have to pay postage on top, as if the plushes weren't expensive enough, and I think you can only use one voucher code per transaction, meaning I'd be unable to use both my giftcard and £5 off STS :/
  I was able to use their Rewards code, gift card and a promotion code the last time I ordered from them online .
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:32:17 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
Brb adding Cadance and Luna to BAB plushies I want.

You know what I'll add Shining Armor too.
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2015, 01:26:53 PM »
Weren't into these too much either, but Luna and Candance are so pretty!  Bummed they closed the BAB location here (Honolulu), so looks like I have to resort to ordering online.

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
Thanks for the explanations!  I had no idea, as I have not bought any of these, nor do I have a BAB store nearby.

Makes me reconsider ordering from them online if there are quality issues..

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:24 PM »
Thanks for the explanations!  I had no idea, as I have not bought any of these, nor do I have a BAB store nearby.

Makes me reconsider ordering from them online if there are quality issues..

They are lovely plushes, which is why I have continued to buy them, and a lot of the issues of bent wings and wonky stuffing/limbs, loose stitching, may be due to how they are stuffed tightly into bins in the stores, and kept in a mish-mash in plastic bags before hand so perhaps they're treated a bit better in the warehouse? :lol: I don't mind small issues, these are mass-produced, after all, but for the price, I don't expect a visibly damaged item.

I remember reading a few complaints on FB that people's kids were upset they weren't able to pick out and build Trixie and Zecora, so fingers crossed BABW might have listened and won't do that again...

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2015, 06:54:54 PM »
Personally I haven't had any issues the two times I ordered my BAB online (Celestia and Zecora).
I wanted to relay my experience so those of you that have to order online won't be as scared to.

I was skeptical as well and maybe like with anything you just never know. But regardless I was very pleased with how they came and that my instructions were closely followed. (Came in their boxes which I think protects them great and inside a tall box to accommodate that one)

Even though you pay a little more it helps to get the next shipping up from the standard. It makes a huge difference big time, trust me. I think that may be the difference. Twice I ordered basic and they came in cheap packaging that would allow the items to get squashed (I just ordered clothes thankfully)

I might order these next three online as well depending on when they come out. I do have a store nearby (40 minutes) but I'm not always find of the drive.
So bottom line ordering online doesn't always end up bad.  ;)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2015, 02:27:04 AM »
Not until.....March!? NOOOOO! Bad Build-A-Bear, do it on V-day! Cole can make SA andIcan make Cadance-my FAV pony!!!!! OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THOSE TWO TO COME OUT!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2015, 08:03:13 AM »
I am happy to see Cadance is a light pink and not the hot pink Hasbro keeps making her. 

But dat Luna.  O.o 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal