collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Goodbye, target!  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye, target!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 10:47:02 PM »

From what I understand,  a lot of the merchandise is going to be shipped back to the US to be split among the stores.

Do you think that could mean we might see Holly Dash and Fashion Style AJ and Daisy Dreams in the US after all?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rosey-Posey

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:16 AM »
It does suck for the employees, yes, but there is money going into a trust fund to ensure they get 16 weeks of pay before EI kicks in.  Or so I understand the union talk.

However, all our local stores were TERRIBLE.  I don't know how they kept the doors open for as long as they did.  There was no product, no displays, bored employees wandering aimlessly through the building or worse, no employees at all.  It wasn't even re-painted from the nasty yellowed '70's paint & ceiling tile when the Zellers store it replaced was originally built.  They kept the same displays, shelving, etc. and changed the signage, that's all.  I tried to go there last weekend - I could barely find a way past the maze of abandoned shopping carts into the store, only to find an employee piling up all the store's trash bags onto a huge cart AT THE ENTRANCE.  Just what I want to see...

Woah! I had no idea targets could be that bad. The ones a I have been to were totally rebuilt from the inside out and looked really, really nice. they always pushed us to make it look super nice. That's too bad :/

Also, I'm not sure about holly dash and the others, at least the one by me never had those ponies. All they have in stock are the equestria girls (slumber party twilight and spike seem to be the newest), the brushable mane six with tinsel in their hair, a very few of the cutie mark crusaders with the patterns down their legs, the Luna you can draw on, mrs cake and her shop, and the Styling pinkie pie and rarity. (Sorry! It's really early and I can't think of all of their exact names right now)
However, the majority of all the toys, not just ponies, are on clearance. I'm not sure if they will send any back, it seems like they will just try to sell as much as they can here and not being any more new stock in. Anyway, I'm going to check it out later to day and see what's going on.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I only saw holly dash at wal mart. Just one. Not the others though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:14:09 AM by Rosey-Posey »
follow me on instagram! bathbunny :bunny:

Offline melodys_angel

• Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 09:34:40 AM »
That's terrible!  The ones over here were completely rebuilt, and like I said before, were huge on customer service.  I wonder why some stores didn't get rebuilt.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

HeartLumi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 10:04:25 AM »
Our targets were pretty empty . Sad for people loosing their jobs, but I'm not surprised though. I'll be on the look out for good things. We have 15% tax so I do my shopping in Ontario :P

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »
That's so sad!

I can't imagine our Target going out of business, its always packed. Although if you looked at the Ever After Hig section you'd think they were going out of business -_-.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
Stopped by today at opening so I could grab a parking spot....  oh my... if it wasn't for the fact I was determined to get in, I would have turned around and gone home!

Again, abandoned carts everywhere so I have to make a path with my 3 y/o in tow.  Empty shelves everywhere.  Clearance signs everywhere.  Nothing has a price tag - I spent 30 minutes going back and forth to the price scanner in the store with a cartload.  Toy department was chaos - toys thrown all over the floor, into other departments, opened, broken, crushed.  Employees piling broken toys into carts going into the backroom....  However, they had a full line of everything MLP on clearance- all the EQ dolls, all the new playsets, the new princesses, the new Cutie Marks, blind bags by the case, the Styling ponies, the plushies, you name it, it's there.  The POP sets were super cheap - a pony for $4 and the playset was $7.49! 

I went there for Our Generation doll stuff so I didn't buy anything MLP - but if you are nearby, it's worth a check-in!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »
I'm not that surprised to hear the news, Target never did as well in Canada as in the states as everything was way pricier! You could get most of the stuff from Target for cheaper at Wal-Mart. The thing that sucks most in Winnipeg (aside from people losing their jobs) is that they just finished building a HUGE Target supercenter this summer. I mean, they weren't even done road construction in the area before they had to shut down for winter (and it was the biggest pain in the butt to navigate through that construction ALL summer). Seems like such a waste. I wonder what they will use that enormous, custom-built building for now...

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 02:32:34 PM »

From what I understand,  a lot of the merchandise is going to be shipped back to the US to be split among the stores.

Do you think that could mean we might see Holly Dash and Fashion Style AJ and Daisy Dreams in the US after all?
That'll be the only plus that comes from this :satisfied:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 03:37:26 AM »
I love Target! I hope the US stores are doing well. We have two in my city.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 06:27:35 AM »
17,600 people lost/losing their jobs. :(  I loved Target. Good quality and I loved having access to brands I used to have to shop for online and I loved their Uo and Up. With a house full of kids Target saved me a lot. There were still stores opening in my city - I believe we had 5 or 6 Targets. Now with Zellars AND Target gone we are stuck with Walmart :( my younger kids and I spent many rainy/snowy days at Target just wandering and looking at stuff. Cool products, nice clean well-lit stores, employees actually on the floor. I'd never go to just browse at Walmart. No way. Also I had never in my life seen 90% clearance until Target. We just don't discount like that here in Canada.

Target you will be sorely missed.
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Rosey-Posey

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 09:12:17 AM »
Apperantely a lot of the workers will be gettingg jobs at Sears, or so I heard from my dad.
follow me on instagram! bathbunny :bunny:

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 05:49:06 AM »
I hadn't heard that Target stores were closing in Canada.  I'm glad to hear you aren't working there anymore and won't be out of a job.  I hope they don't close in the US.  I love my target and would be really bummed if it closed.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 07:22:15 AM »
I hadn't heard that Target stores were closing in Canada.  I'm glad to hear you aren't working there anymore and won't be out of a job.  I hope they don't close in the US.  I love my target and would be really bummed if it closed.
I highly doubt US Targets are gonna close down...its waaaay too popular over here! :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 08:06:09 AM »

Don't worry, Canadian stores are closing because they didn't make as much as American stores. Target has been longer established in the US and I can't see them pulling out of your country. As for those hoping for Holly Dashs from our Target stores, it been confirmed that Target has hired a liquidation firm. All merchandise is to go on clearance in 2-3 weeks, so I'm not sure how much of our cast-offs you're going to see.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 08:13:54 AM »

I've been told nothing is shipping back. In fact they will still be getting new stock until the canadian warehouses are empty. Kids bathing suits will be coming out soon!

May 16th was given as a close date for our stores here but that could change.

Walmart is a depressing shopping experience all around.

:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal