collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Goodbye, target!  (Read 2835 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye, target!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »
I just told a friend who pulled up an article by the globe and mail.  I can agree with some of the things on there...typically shelves WOULD be empty of certain things.  im still scared for my sister though.

Maybe they will try to do something for her--she was a VERY coveted Barista..people would come in just for her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

PNW0611

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
It would be awesome if a Canadian could keep us posted here as to when the clearance prices really go down. I live in Washington state and would be willing to drive to Canada for stuff if I knew it was available and a great price.

Offline Rosey-Posey

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »
I'm so sorry about your sister.. Maybe she can transfer to another Starbucks perhaps??

And yeah, I can totally let people know when the prices drop. Atm most toys are on clearance at 70% or 30% for January? Which is what they usually do to bring in te new toys, but since they are closing I'm not sure how that will affect things, also because I'm not sure when it's happening.

I will totally let you know! I go there quite often (at least once a week) to check on the ponies (waiting for the brushables to go down to 70%, some EQ girls are at 70 and the pinkie pie pop set with the house
follow me on instagram! bathbunny :bunny:

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »
My mom called me about this while I was coming home from work. I can't say I'm surprised, I've never heard of them doing well here, and their only amazing deals were clearance.

There wasn't a store decently close to me (though there was one planned/'opening soon' around a five to ten minute walk away from my house) so I was never in one regularly, but I will miss seeing the Target exclusive ponies/MH dolls at least. Time for Zellers to come back?

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Target Canada is shutting down!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 07:04:16 AM »
Well...  sucks for all the exclusives we won't be getting now.  Good riddance to a store that charged higher prices than in their USA stores and still expected us to shop there....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target-closes-all-133-stores-in-canada-gets-creditor-protection-1.2901618

[Merging with existing thread ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:58:00 AM by Kiwi »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
Re: Target Canada is shutting down!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 07:19:47 AM »
I can confirm this as a Target employee.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »
I'm really sad about this. I like shopping at Target.  :(

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 07:49:14 AM »
Good riddance, really?  A lot of people lost their jobs you know.  :huh:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 08:00:33 AM »
I feel bad for all those who lost their jobs. That's so sad. :(   
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 08:02:15 AM »
Oh man, that's awful :( I did read that they're offering a decent amount of severance pay to their employees, so that's nice and hopefully will help people out while they are working to find new employment. That really sucks though - a whole chain closing all together like that.

Offline melodys_angel

• Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 09:34:55 AM »
Hey, my sister is loosing her job! o.o 

It was love/hate, really.  The people working there were better trained/more courteous on average then our wal mart store (we have 2 targets closh-ish by and I can say that about both stores), And you needed to look closely to catch some deals.  Usually you pick things up when they go on clearance.

If I had to choose, and target HAD the items on their shelf, id rather go there for the customer service.  That and wal mart sucks royally, not caring about anything (from personal experience. They can not handle a major life threatening emergency)

Looks like it will be here until around may-ish?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rosey-Posey

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 11:01:45 AM »
I hope everyone who loes their jobs get helped out and maybe a chance to work at whatever is goig to take over. I know a lot of Zellers employees who lost their jobs got jobs at the Targets that took over and still work there today.
follow me on instagram! bathbunny :bunny:

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 02:46:25 PM »
From what I understand,  a lot of the merchandise is going to be shipped back to the US to be split among the stores.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 06:07:46 PM »
Sales tax or VAT is 20% here. Just sayin'.  Sending good pony wishes to everyone affected by this.

Geez and I thought ours at 15% was bad! Twenty percent is bonkers x.X but yeah, way to go Target. You barely gave your stores a chance.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »
It does suck for the employees, yes, but there is money going into a trust fund to ensure they get 16 weeks of pay before EI kicks in.  Or so I understand the union talk.

However, all our local stores were TERRIBLE.  I don't know how they kept the doors open for as long as they did.  There was no product, no displays, bored employees wandering aimlessly through the building or worse, no employees at all.  It wasn't even re-painted from the nasty yellowed '70's paint & ceiling tile when the Zellers store it replaced was originally built.  They kept the same displays, shelving, etc. and changed the signage, that's all.  I tried to go there last weekend - I could barely find a way past the maze of abandoned shopping carts into the store, only to find an employee piling up all the store's trash bags onto a huge cart AT THE ENTRANCE.  Just what I want to see...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal