collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave 11B blind bags are out in the UK!  (Read 534 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Wave 11B blind bags are out in the UK!
« on: January 03, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
Found them at Tesco tonight - I'm guessing they'd only just been put out since they had a full set of 12. Has anyone figured out the codes yet? :o I ended up buying all 12 since I want like half of the wave anyway and most shops around me don't sell blind bags any more (I'm *still* trying to find Cloudia Breezie from the last wave.. x_o;), haha, but I'd rather not be stuck with the ones I don't want :x Failing that, is there any way to figure out the codes, short of simply opening them all? ^^;

(I hope this makes sense.. I'm tired and idk if I'm just rambling or not, haha)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Takaraluv

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wave 11B blind bags are out in the UK!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 07:08:22 PM »
All the codes are out on Strawberry Reef :)

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:20:33 AM »
@Carrehz, now that you have the 12 blind bags, could you post the codes here? I can guess the codes but like to confirm with the bags you found. For example: is Cheese Sandwich AS?
Also, could you post a picture of what the bag looks like? I would like to share it on MLPMerch.com and the blind bag database (And I think StrawberryReef would like it too ;) ).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:23:31 AM by Ossie »

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 03:32:45 AM »
I'm glad I found a full box of Wave 11 A just two weeks ago. It's really irritating how splitting the wave means it's a mad panic to get the ones from Box A (though, I have seen two, albeit empty, 24 boxes of Wave 11 in the last week so it seems the larger boxes ARE in UK circulation) that you want.

Have you tried pushing them up against the small hole in the bags? I've managed to identify some that way :)

The codes for the sets of 12 are different from the full boxes of 24. So, sadly, the codes on SR are incorrect for the smaller boxes unless they are specified to be the UK releases of 12 (11B isn't up yet).
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Takaraluv

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 08:05:59 AM »
I just looked you're right, they still don't have the second wave for the UK up :(

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:40:53 AM »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »
@Carrehz, now that you have the 12 blind bags, could you post the codes here? I can guess the codes but like to confirm with the bags you found. For example: is Cheese Sandwich AS?
Also, could you post a picture of what the bag looks like? I would like to share it on MLPMerch.com and the blind bag database (And I think StrawberryReef would like it too ;) ).

Bag scans:
Spoiler

Hopefully they're okay 'w'

I checked and Cheese Sandwich is indeed AS (the collector's card lists him as #17). If you can guess the codes, could you post a list, please? :o I'd rather not open all 12 bags, considering that I'm not looking to keep all of them, aheh.

edit: nvm, just saw the above post! That's awesome, thanks! :D -rushes off to check-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 10:44:13 AM »
I'm glad I found a full box of Wave 11 A just two weeks ago. It's really irritating how splitting the wave means it's a mad panic to get the ones from Box A (though, I have seen two, albeit empty, 24 boxes of Wave 11 in the last week so it seems the larger boxes ARE in UK circulation) that you want.

Have you tried pushing them up against the small hole in the bags? I've managed to identify some that way :)

The codes for the sets of 12 are different from the full boxes of 24. So, sadly, the codes on SR are incorrect for the smaller boxes unless they are specified to be the UK releases of 12 (11B isn't up yet).

We get both sets over here as you say. The halved boxes are supposed to be Tesco only (but they have turned up in some stores that Tesco share group buying rights with). Asda still carries the 24 boxes and other retailers are only offered those sets as well. The big boxes just take up too much shelf room for some stores unfortunately; I also wonder if part of it was the theft issue. The stores locally that used to carry blind bag packs inside security casings now only carry the 12 pack ranges (all loose in the shelf boxes) - its not as easy to open and leave them in that smaller box I would guess perhaps.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 10:48:48 AM »

We get both sets over here as you say. The halved boxes are supposed to be Tesco only (but they have turned up in some stores that Tesco share group buying rights with). Asda still carries the 24 boxes and other retailers are only offered those sets as well. The big boxes just take up too much shelf room for some stores unfortunately

Interesting. However, most stores that have the smaller boxes have between 2-6 of them on the shelf at one time, so I don't really buy the space issue :lol: . I rarely see only one box of 12. It's still a pain in the butt waiting for the new codes when Tesco have the monopoly over stores here :(
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 11:35:13 AM »

We get both sets over here as you say. The halved boxes are supposed to be Tesco only (but they have turned up in some stores that Tesco share group buying rights with). Asda still carries the 24 boxes and other retailers are only offered those sets as well. The big boxes just take up too much shelf room for some stores unfortunately

Interesting. However, most stores that have the smaller boxes have between 2-6 of them on the shelf at one time, so I don't really buy the space issue :lol: . I rarely see only one box of 12. It's still a pain in the butt waiting for the new codes when Tesco have the monopoly over stores here :(

2-6 of the shelf packs? Wow!!! Mind you it could be where you are - much bigger stores perhaps? Its impressive MLP gets that kind of space. It could have been a buying decision to stock the smaller size in order that they can 1) refresh stock quicker and 2) ensure they are something more stores can carry as not all of them dedicate this kind of space to one toy line.

Found them at Tesco tonight - I'm guessing they'd only just been put out since they had a full set of 12. Has anyone figured out the codes yet? :o I ended up buying all 12 since I want like half of the wave anyway and most shops around me don't sell blind bags any more (I'm *still* trying to find Cloudia Breezie from the last wave.. x_o;), haha, but I'd rather not be stuck with the ones I don't want :x Failing that, is there any way to figure out the codes, short of simply opening them all? ^^;

(I hope this makes sense.. I'm tired and idk if I'm just rambling or not, haha)

Oh and I meant to say this earlier. If you know the codes for the A wave you can work out the B wave. All you need to do is take the 24 set codes, cross off the ponies which came out in A and then in alphabetical order you go through the remaining ponies and the alphabetically bit in the B wave.

For example going by the wave 11 codes - the first pony NOT in wave A was Pinkie Pie (Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were in wave A) therefore she is the first pony in Wave 11B. The second pony NOT in wave A was Big Wig, therefore she is the second pony in Wave 11B. :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Ossie

• View Profile
    • MLP Merch
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 12:05:18 PM »
Oh and I meant to say this earlier. If you know the codes for the A wave you can work out the B wave. All you need to do is take the 24 set codes, cross off the ponies which came out in A and then in alphabetical order you go through the remaining ponies and the alphabetically bit in the B wave.

For example going by the wave 11 codes - the first pony NOT in wave A was Pinkie Pie (Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were in wave A) therefore she is the first pony in Wave 11B. The second pony NOT in wave A was Big Wig, therefore she is the second pony in Wave 11B. :)

The only problem that was left was whether Hasbro decided to start from AA again (like 10B), continue at AN or fill in the gaps (like 9B, but that couldn't be the case with this wave). Apparently they continued from AN, which is a new method. At first I thought the codes would be like 10A/B!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 12:53:57 PM »

2-6 of the shelf packs? Wow!!! Mind you it could be where you are - much bigger stores perhaps? Its impressive MLP gets that kind of space. It could have been a buying decision to stock the smaller size in order that they can 1) refresh stock quicker and 2) ensure they are something more stores can carry as not all of them dedicate this kind of space to one toy line.

Nah, I think my nearest Tesco is just...odd. This is the same store that had a box of Wave 6 for about a year that would occasionally appear when there were sweets close to the technology aisle (pretty sure it was the same box as I saw a member of staff carry it, still half-full, into the back), and that had a dedicated MLP stand for all of a week before it disappeared (I'm not convinced they sold all of it in that time). They go through cycles of having ALL THE PONY and then nothing for several months. They usually have 3-4 metres of shelf dedicated to blind bags only so perhaps they are a large seller? I know Wave 8 (they had 4 or 5 boxes of W8B on the shelf at one time) sat there for months, and we never saw Wave 9 OR 10 in there. They're also mysteriously out of stock of ponies every. single. time. they go on special offer and restock literally the day after the offer ends...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 12:57:29 PM »

The only problem that was left was whether Hasbro decided to start from AA again (like 10B), continue at AN or fill in the gaps (like 9B, but that couldn't be the case with this wave). Apparently they continued from AN, which is a new method. At first I thought the codes would be like 10A/B!

Yes but its still the same pattern :) So in theory you dont need the letters for the second set - you just need to order them alphabetically whether they start at A or at N. For once Hasbro are being considerate...this may not last :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline Ossie

• View Profile
    • MLP Merch
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 01:44:06 PM »
For once Hasbro are being considerate...this may not last :P

I've already seen people with wave 12 blind bags, so we'll probably find that out soon :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal