collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies You Didn't Care About But They Suddenly Caught Your Eye?  (Read 4551 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies You Didn't Care About But They Suddenly Caught Your Eye?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »
One for me was Diamond Dreams. I never cared much for the MGR set but I suddenly got a love for yellow ponies with pink or red hair, and then I decided I must have her. Sadly, Ihave not gotten her yet.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 01:34:46 PM »
For me, it's the entire G2,  G3.5 non-baby line, and G4 generations.  I was resistant to all of them, but after getting my first G2 in a lot, I started thinking that they were really pretty sweet.  G3.5s grew on me after I saw the drastic change of G4s, and G4s grew on me after I bought my "first and only" one as a bait and I slowly started liking them as I worked on that custom. 

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »
One of the ponies I hated most when I was little was Sugar Apple. She was my sister's pony and neither of us liked her and she was shunned XD Now I think she's gorgeous! I used to never like CP ponies but I got Bluebelle in a lot and I adore her.

Not lately. But when I started collecting I had decided I did not want any princess ponies - I just didnt like them - their weird sticky out symbols and annoying tinsel in their hair. And then I met Princess Aquamarine and fell in love. Now they are one of my favourite sets!

Exactly the same for me! I got Pristina in a lot and totally fell in love :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 06:37:05 PM »
I was never very keen on the stallion/Big Brother-type ponies as a kid...then I saw pictures of the Mountain Boys and had to have all of those!  :heart:

I feel like I've also acquired an odd fixation with Moonstone lately.  I didn't have her as a child and never really gave her much thought, but for some reason I have the urge to start trying to collect different variations of her.

cutest-curtsey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 02:58:51 AM »
For me is Silly Sunshine, I thought her cutie mark was ridiculous, and so was her name, but actually having her and holding her in my hands I fell in love. Enough to risk burning myself because I had to fix her disgusting matted hair.

Followed by PhotoFinish. I actually voted 'I'll pass' when I saw her in potd. But then I decided I had to have her, and I held her and I looked at her and I really loved her. I display her in the box but she'd so lovely!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »
Princess Sparkle! It wasn't until I bought her for a swap that I realized how awesome she really is and had to get one myself :)

Good for you. ;) She's my favorite princess.

This happens a lot with me, but most notably with Tootsie. Mine even has a crazy manecut, but once I had her in my hands I realized how pretty her colors are together, and now I love her.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 07:45:05 PM »
Never much cared for the Twinkle eye ponies because I thought their jewel eyes were weird. Over the years they have become one of my favorite sets. I love their color combinations and their symbols. So I guess I kinda got over the weirdness of their eyes. I still think I would like them better if they had regular eyes or maybe regular eyes with glittery paint ;)

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 09:39:22 PM »
I also enver had cared for the Perfume Puffs.  But then I decided that I needed all yellow ponies with pink hair and I finally got my hands on a Red Roses for a good price and I ADORE HER!!!  Her hair is so fun and now I love them all.  :D

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 11:44:06 PM »
For me its the sweetberry ponies. Didn't care for them much, but got a cherry treats and had to have them all!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 12:20:20 AM »
This happens with me a lot, although I always give it some time to figure out how I actually feel about a particular pony, otherwise the whole house would be buried under a pile of them. XD
I wasn't overly keen on Shady at first because her pose looks a little odd but she's in my herd now and I really like her. The vibrant colours are what swung it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »
This happens with me a lot, although I always give it some time to figure out how I actually feel about a particular pony, otherwise the whole house would be buried under a pile of them. XD
I wasn't overly keen on Shady at first because her pose looks a little odd but she's in my herd now and I really like her. The vibrant colours are what swung it.

I understand about Shady, I wanted a different pony when I was little and they brought her home instead and I pouted cuz I didn't like her highlighter yellow hair then I started petting her and she became one of the favorites of my long-lost childhood herd
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »
Two of my favorites, Masquerade and Lofty, were like this for me. Pretty funny how that works out sometimes.
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 07:53:48 PM »
Many years ago when I began collecting I didn't like the Sweetheart Sisters, brides or the Colorswirl ponies. I much prefered their chubbier, cuter counterparts. I kept finding them at thrift stores though, and when I was preparing for a move, I decided to PURGE my collection of the SHS, Pony Bride and the Colorswirls (I had Springy and Lovebeam and 4 or so SHS). I actually donated those ponies along with my Magic Meadow CPK ponies.  :argh:

Imagine my surprise when I came back to collecting after a lengthy break! I found the Arena and realized how sought after the Colorswirls were! After getting closer and closer to completing the US releases, I started to really love the SHS ponies. Then Pony Bride and Bridal Beauty who look so gorgeous and simple on my shelves.  I managed to track down Starswirl first and I did recently buy Lovebeam. It was almost like having a childhood pony back in my hands because I was just so pleased!! Now to find Springy for a decent price... :lol:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 09:04:53 PM »
when I started collecting G2s I was all about skipping the pink ponies and most of the motion ponies even some of  the purple ones were not wanted, then they all grew on me and went after all of them ,the collection being a complete one with all of the ponies became a clear goal and that is how that changed :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »
Aaaaaand, I just bought a Snuzzle :lol: It's been a long time since I boght a pony. :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal