collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is so enjoyable about My Little Pony?  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is so enjoyable about My Little Pony?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 06:16:59 AM »
I'm with everyone else who said nostalgia :nod: Loved them as a kid, continued to love them when G2 came out (though was too embarrassed to buy toys) my love grew stronger with G3, also love G4 and will probably love G5 :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 07:44:47 AM »
Can you please post a credit to the image you have posted? Unless the image from DA is yours - it would be nice to see the original artist credited, assuming they permit the use of it out with their DA account.

As for me - it was nothing to do with the tv show. I am a toy collector. As a little girl, while I adored the movie, I had the toys long before MLP was even permitted as a cartoon. In the 80s probably just because they were a popular toy and I loved animals. Since becoming a collector it was the nostalgia of simply collecting a toy that I had as a little girl and that was important to me in my childhood :)

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »
I started with MLP back in 83-84 - I owned the toys before I ever saw the cartoon. So, it's not just the cartoon for some of us.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
Nostalgia, since they were my favorite toys as a kid, and also they were what first really connected me and my best friend, Aadra310.  OMG, when we discovered the internet and ebay I thought we were both going to explode. 

RIGHT?!  Remember when we ordered stuff (and this was WAAAAY back when a lot of people didn't even take/use pictures for sales) and had no idea what we were getting?  We "discovered" new ponies and stuffed animals (nobody said plush or plushie back then) that we'd NEVER EVER SEEN?!?!  Those were the days.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 12:56:05 PM »
I like My Little Pony more as a toyline than a TV show - I watched very little of the shows and I still am not a fan of the newer show.  :)  So I liked them because they were magical, colorful, brushable horse toys!
Yup, this. For my My Little Pony isn't about the show at all, it's all about the toys!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 02:14:20 PM »
-THE SHORT STORY-

The colors and Art work

-LONG STORY-

I saw a castel playset of fakies when I was 9 back in 2001, It was in a huge toy magazine, strange beacuse I didn't even like horses ponies ect. But just something about one of them a tan colored pony with a white and red sun on her back, red hoovs one hoof orange. Just loved her.

Then I asked my mom if it was like 'my little pony'

She said your sisters has thoese, I asked what did they look like? We brought them up on the net and I saw the collector ponies and I was actuelly disapointed..I thought they looked droopy.

Lost intrest walked away.
The next day I took another look, saw some I kinda liked as I got out of the collectors pose ponies, I saw sea ponies thoese where my older sisters favorite. I am still convinced to this day we had the wooden puzzle.

I asked my mom for some, we couldent find any and she would not buy them used, it had to be MINT IN PACKAGE and thoese where from $60 to the 100s. So I had no hope to ever get a G1.

Mom did manage to find me a tipsy tulip G2 mip for hunakkah, and a blossom plush. As well as a fakie barn with mom and 2 babies. I was able to find G2 MCd ponies, then came Ivy, then sundance at valentines day.

On dreamvallyacollectorsguidetomylittlepony.com
That was my escape I'd look at them and dream of haveing them playing with them, read about the shows and listen to the songs, just longed for a G1 pony so so badly.

Thoese ponies G2 where the only ones I had at that point of intrest. Then came G3.

However as a baby I did own 'baby water lilly seapony, and these are my sisters ponies  bubblefish, applejack, blossom, another baby seapony-sality?-  the white sea pony with red hair,

They remember saying haveing so softs, twinkle eyes..but no memory of the exact ones.

Now I have sold all my G3s to get G1s as my heart lies with G1, verous G2 I do collect but very little to nothing on that.

I now have quite a display case full of mlp, ones that remind me of being a kid and going on adventures with my ponies.

Finding lost likity split, fighting my way to dream castel, rideing my mlps into the face of danger. Finding the rainbow crystels to restore the world, haveing snow days, being lost in the woods..
On and on my pastel rainbow adventures would take me to a softer place in life. Escape the worry and fighting the lonlyness with my colored horses

To this day my mind is blown as how I wen't from a tomboy ripped jeans backwords hat, baggy shirt, rollar blades sonic the hedgehog, to likeing my little pony?

I even tried to keep it a secrete from my brothers so I woulden't get teased, but the girly girl was crying out within me after ponies came to be wirh me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 02:20:05 PM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »
No nostalgia for me. I was always a huge tomboy growing up. To me, ponies and horses(Mainly MLP) was as girly as you could get, so younger me wouldn't touch those toys with a 20 foot pole!

I admit I got into G4 from the show. I'm a toy collector anyway, so one pony figure of a character I liked turned into 2 into 3 into 6...and so on. I like them because like all the other toys I collect (Cute Pokemon, Sanrio, Terriermon...) they're just so happy, cute, colorful, and lighthearted. That's what makes them enjoyable to me.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 07:18:15 PM »
I'm a lifelong lover of horses, MLP kicked off a very long love of collecting, I enjoyed the show as a kid and the G1s are special and close to my heart. such cute, lovely ponies too and G3s are very special as well. Though I've never seen the show. they make me happy and feel like I did when I was a kid. I'm enjoying collecting again and I enjoy brushing their hair. (you'd never have caught me taking care of a doll then or now)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline McKinley

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 12:24:42 AM »
Simple: they're cute, colorful, and bring back tons of childhood memories. Like a lot of older collectors, my love of MLP has more to do with the toys than with any of the cartoons (although I like them, too). :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal