collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The ultimate questions!  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate questions!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »
It's been a loooong time since I've had the urge to actually play with my ponies (with the exception of when my nieces and nephews are over and I bring out the duplicates ;) ), but I do chatter to them when I'm dusting, reshelving, or taking inventory.  They'll sometimes also make it into the shower/tub for double-tasking cleaning from time to time.

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 07:02:19 AM »

Ever since I was a little kid, for me playing with something generally meant setting up these super elaborate scenes, so yeah, I definitely still play with my ponies!  As I set up the scenes, I make up little stories about what's going on and I think of dialogue for what the ponies are saying to each other. 

I was exactly the same!

In the new year I'd like to buy more playsets and accessories so I can create more scenes.  I MUCH prefer displaying my ponies like this (rather than a "chorus line") because it does remind me of how I love(d) to play with them!
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 07:15:39 AM »
Oh yes, definitely!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »
No, my playing days are long behind me!

But I do love watching my daughters play with their ponies, and I love cleaning my own up as they arrive and finding a spot for them in the cabinet. Photographing them is better - the cabinet is rather crammed now so I feel rather sorry for them once they are in there! Photo time is their time to shine!

....I have been known to give my ponies a little kiss on the nose now and then, though....  :lookround:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 03:07:26 PM »
I don't play with them per se. I like to make up stories about how they got into the condition they currently are in...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »
To be able to play requires heaps of imagination. I know I've lost a load of mine, and that makes me a bit sad. :( So don't be embarrassed if you're an adult and still play, be proud!  ^.^
Yeah i forgot to mention... i also lost part of my imagination, totally  understand but still get the urge to play rurouni kenshin ponies cause that's all i knew. i need a new story line but have no where to start.

Im glad im not the only one with the urge to play. :D

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 05:01:06 PM »
I personally don't, no :) However everyone is a little different and I certainly see nothing to be embarrassed about if you enjoy playing with ponies or making up stories about them. We all take joy from collecting in different ways - I say have fun and do what you wish!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 10:08:30 PM »
I personally don't, no :) However everyone is a little different and I certainly see nothing to be embarrassed about if you enjoy playing with ponies or making up stories about them. We all take joy from collecting in different ways - I say have fun and do what you wish!
Sounds good to me :D

roselalonde

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 11:43:20 PM »
I'm like HelloGoodbye where my playtime more involved just setting them up in scenes instead of actually 'playing'. I have some nights where I have the urge to style all my pony and doll hair but that's more when I'm sad. With FS ponies and my dolls I tend to just take one character and kind of adjust them to my liking, and that's my playing.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 03:54:40 AM »
I would probably physically play with my ponies more if I had the bigger/complex playsets. G1s are the most appealing to me. I frequently have urges to play with them, and I know that I could spends hours upon hours making up stories for Dream Castle or Paradise Estate. As it is, I grab a couple of ponies and stand them together in a little group, and think about them having adventures in fantastical settings. I don't tend to move them around or give them voices like typical children's play acting, I just imagine what they would do/say/think and how the story would resolve itself. ^.^ When I played alone as a child it was always reserved, quiet games like that - I used to have a dozen Barbies and their house and a convertible and a camper van and some horses, and I would lie on my bedroom floor for hours quietly moving all the pieces around with the storyline running inside my mind.

I like to do a story about the ponies trying to unearth the secrets of their past in a post-apocalyptic setting.  I'm pretty sure that makes me weird.

You're totally not weird, conflict is a common theme in all kinds of play. When we were kids, sometimes my older brother would swing by my bedroom with his GI Joes in their Jeep and they would lay siege to Barbie house and imprison all the ladies. Then my lone Ken doll would become Rambo and sneak around shooting and blowing up all the Joes :rofl: after they'd been untied, the Barbies would take a joyride and pop some wheelies in their convertible to celebrate freedom, and they would reward Kenbo for his heroic deeds with a meal of bacon and eggs. That's all they ever had to eat in Barbie house because the serving places had permanent stickers of bacon and eggs on them. We could imagine bows with rocket-powered explosive arrows but not alternative food stuff.
That story was amazing. :lol:  Gotta love the stories that kids come up with.  They made PERFECT sense at the time!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 08:03:16 AM »
Only blindbags and fakies - i'm too particular about their hair being and staying Just Right to enjoy moving them around lol. But I do enjoy arranging them in playsets like mini cities (my tiny G4 collection takes up 2 tables).
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »
If you don´t get urges to play, I doubt you would collect toys in the first place :-)
I don´t play physically with them, but I make up stories about them in my mind, and I talk to them.

My wife and I play a lot, though. We have a whole bunch of very complex charachters with lots of drama between them, and we act out all kinds of drama by talking in the sofa for hours on end. It´s all set in a mafia-style environment, and most of the action revolvs around relationships and friendship. Very elaborate, and weird for sure. But we have the most fun!
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »
Oh i definitly play with them alright, and im NOT ashamed of it *cough* even though im *cough* 23.  :P I LOVE to wash their hair, take pictures, have ponies help me cook dessert, I have tea parties with my G4s because all the wedding wave ponies came with teacups, heck I had my Surprise earlier and she was playing pokemon with me, as in she was pressing the buttons with her hooves and making Latios use Fly. I was like, "good job Surprise! Your symbol should be a pokeball, your so awesome at pokemon!" My husband caught me and laughed soooo hard on the floor and said 'what the BLEEP did I marry!? xD' heck, I sleep with my ponies too! Earlier I was making my chinese bootleg Crackle plush dance and fly as I was talking to my grandparents on the phone. I have no shame! :P I even told them I STILL play with the old my little ponies and they might send me my aunts!!! :D I used to want to make a youtube web series of my G4s and give them different personas. On camera. And wanting to post the videos for the whole world to see buuut computer had to crash forever! D=

OMG aaand at subway I took out my Pinkie Pie squishy from my purse and started making her jump all around my husbands head and shoulders with high pitched sound effects. I also made her gallop on the table, OMG and some guy sitting next to us said my husband was qoute- "the most patient man ever with that kind of child.' xD Hubster laughed and said thats actually my wife! The dudes face was..... priceless! XD

No one should be afraid to hide their feelings and interests! I LOVE to play and be creative, so playing with toys just makes sense even though im an er.... 'adult'. I wont hide who I am! Id rather be hated for who I am then loved for what im not. What im not is a normal, civilized human being who acts like a fancy polite sophisticated perfect statue of a human being. Im wild, crazy, fun, and free-spirited! Theres nothing wrong with a 'physical' grown-up with the heart of an 8yr old trapped inside that body wanting to play with all the awesome toys she collects! :D

Post Merge: December 23, 2014, 10:50:33 AM

To be able to play requires heaps of imagination. I know I've lost a load of mine, and that makes me a bit sad. :( So don't be embarrassed if you're an adult and still play, be proud!  ^.^
Yeah i forgot to mention... i also lost part of my imagination, totally  understand but still get the urge to play rurouni kenshin ponies cause that's all i knew. i need a new story line but have no where to start.

I wanna play Kenshin ponies with you!!! xD Majesty can be Miss Kaoru! We can use popsicle sticks as swords! xD

I actually did something extremely similar!!! I would take alll my aunts G1 ponies and make them jump like the deers in Bambi when the Prince of the forest arrives! I even made the music it plays as a sound effect LMAO. Sunbeam was the 'prince' and he would stand on top of my grandmas stone chimney (it kinds of stairs up). I made all my other ponies line up in uniform and face Sunbeam! Moondancer was his wife LOL even though Sunbeam is a girl? XD
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:55:00 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
I kind of got the urge when I was prepping for the photo challenges but no I don't usually play with them. I do shower with them occassionaly when it's wash time.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »
Oh i definitly play with them alright, and im NOT ashamed of it *cough* even though im *cough* 23.  :P I LOVE to wash their hair, take pictures, have ponies help me cook dessert, I have tea parties with my G4s because all the wedding wave ponies came with teacups, heck I had my Surprise earlier and she was playing pokemon with me, as in she was pressing the buttons with her hooves and making Latios use Fly. I was like, "good job Surprise! Your symbol should be a pokeball, your so awesome at pokemon!" My husband caught me and laughed soooo hard on the floor and said 'what the BLEEP did I marry!? xD' heck, I sleep with my ponies too! Earlier I was making my chinese bootleg Crackle plush dance and fly as I was talking to my grandparents on the phone. I have no shame! :P I even told them I STILL play with the old my little ponies and they might send me my aunts!!! :D I used to want to make a youtube web series of my G4s and give them different personas. On camera. And wanting to post the videos for the whole world to see buuut computer had to crash forever! D=

OMG aaand at subway I took out my Pinkie Pie squishy from my purse and started making her jump all around my husbands head and shoulders with high pitched sound effects. I also made her gallop on the table, OMG and some guy sitting next to us said my husband was qoute- "the most patient man ever with that kind of child.' xD Hubster laughed and said thats actually my wife! The dudes face was..... priceless! XD

No one should be afraid to hide their feelings and interests! I LOVE to play and be creative, so playing with toys just makes sense even though im an er.... 'adult'. I wont hide who I am! Id rather be hated for who I am then loved for what im not. What im not is a normal, civilized human being who acts like a fancy polite sophisticated perfect statue of a human being. Im wild, crazy, fun, and free-spirited! Theres nothing wrong with a 'physical' grown-up with the heart of an 8yr old trapped inside that body wanting to play with all the awesome toys she collects! :D

Post Merge: December 23, 2014, 10:50:33 AM

I wanna play Kenshin ponies with you!!! xD Majesty can be Miss Kaoru! We can use popsicle sticks as swords! xD

I actually did something extremely similar!!! I would take alll my aunts G1 ponies and make them jump like the deers in Bambi when the Prince of the forest arrives! I even made the music it plays as a sound effect LMAO. Sunbeam was the 'prince' and he would stand on top of my grandmas stone chimney (it kinds of stairs up). I made all my other ponies line up in uniform and face Sunbeam! Moondancer was his wife LOL even though Sunbeam is a girl? XD

If i lived closer to you we would be playing kenshin ponies. 
My imidiat family totally understands my love for ponies so they get why i have those urges. But when you get to my distant family such as some great aunts and my one uncle along with cousins don't get anything.
They are so uptight with this political stuff that they get wedgies when they walk.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:02:13 PM by Starflashbaby »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal