collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How hard to find are the G2 "New hair features" Buttercup and Curly ponies?  (Read 899 times)

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Hello all,  ^.^

I have recently purchased Bubble (waiting for her to arrive) who is one of the 3 ponies of this set, and I would really like to complete this set - I'm looking for them loose.

So my questions to you guys are : how hard are Buttercup and Curly to find? Do they come up fairly regurlarly? How much should I expect them to cost?

Thanks for reading. Any information is a great help. :)

UPDATE : Only Curly left to find!
:D :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:24:45 AM by The Little White Horse »

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
Can't say I've seen them to show up often.

My Buttercup is missing her tail. She has that tail thing but no tail. Here where I live G2 ponies seems to be cheap compared to G1s, G3s or even G4s.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
What part of the world are you in Little White Horse? If you are in the US or Canada finding them locally can be impossible unless you get a collector selling. Its easier to find them in Europe due to releases - ebay and local sales should help you track them down. So I would check out the European ebays. In general they are harder to find G2 releases but they do pop up with reasonable regularity - no where near as common as the earlier G2 releases (even those Euro only) but certainly not the hardest to find.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile

My Buttercup is missing her tail. She has that tail thing but no tail. Here where I live G2 ponies seems to be cheap compared to G1s, G3s or even G4s.

*Makes a mental note to move to Finland* :)

I find the G2s dearer than most, even though I'm in France, and on Ebay and local sites I only ever find common ponies. :/ I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of finding them but it's complicated.

If I ever see a tail for her anywhere I'll give you a shout. :)

Post Merge: December 13, 2014, 07:12:42 AM

What part of the world are you in Little White Horse? If you are in the US or Canada finding them locally can be impossible unless you get a collector selling. Its easier to find them in Europe due to releases - ebay and local sales should help you track them down. So I would check out the European ebays. In general they are harder to find G2 releases but they do pop up with reasonable regularity - no where near as common as the earlier G2 releases (even those Euro only) but certainly not the hardest to find.

Hi! :)

I'm in France, Europe. I've never seen any on Ebay. :/ I keep looking every day but so far no luck. Like you say, the earlier releases are everywhere on European Ebays but the later ones are really rare. :/  It's good to know though that they do pop up occasionally. :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:12:42 AM by The Little White Horse »

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
I sometimes see them on Ebay France or Belgium hidden in a lot, but I rarely see them :/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile

I find the G2s dearer than most, even though I'm in France, and on Ebay and local sites I only ever find common ponies. :/ I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of finding them but it's complicated.

I'm in France, Europe. I've never seen any on Ebay. :/ I keep looking every day but so far no luck. Like you say, the earlier releases are everywhere on European Ebays but the later ones are really rare. :/  It's good to know though that they do pop up occasionally. :)

Make sure you check the ebays of all the different countries :) Especially ebay.co.uk - that is where I see them the most. You could also try a wanted post here on the Arena and an "advertisement" in your signature saying you are looking for them. Members are usually great at pointing you in the direction of ponies if they know what you are looking for.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I sometimes see them on Ebay France or Belgium hidden in a lot, but I rarely see them :/

That's good to know that they're sometimes hidden in lots. ^^ :) Thanks.

Post Merge: December 13, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

Make sure you check the ebays of all the different countries :) Especially ebay.co.uk - that is where I see them the most. You could also try a wanted post here on the Arena and an "advertisement" in your signature saying you are looking for them. Members are usually great at pointing you in the direction of ponies if they know what you are looking for.

Thank you for your advice. I'll do that and keep my eyes open for them. :) I would love to have the 3 of them. ^^

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile

Thats because they are not that popular here/or we just happen to have a very small fan group here. :P Tough thats a good thing for us, who love them.  :hamster:

The Little White Horse: Id say ebay is your best deal right now. Ive seen them about few times a year, so they do pop up. Price can be very different. 15-30$ and over. 
Im sure you will get them.
Good luck! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
They do pop up occasionally but are some of the harder to find of the G2s

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your replies. :) I'll keep you updated on my hunt and if I find them. ^^

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How hard to find are the G2 "New hair features" Buttercup and Curly ponies?
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 05:11:07 AM »
They pop up not so often mostly in lots as said before. I got mine loose for less than 5$ each (here on the forums I think). And not long after I won them off Ebay for about 25$ each. I was super lucky there wasn't too much interest in the auctions otherwise they'd go really high.
You''ll find them eventualy don't worry :)
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 05:32:16 AM »
They pop up not so often mostly in lots as said before. I got mine loose for less than 5$ each (here on the forums I think). And not long after I won them off Ebay for about 25$ each. I was super lucky there wasn't too much interest in the auctions otherwise they'd go really high.
You''ll find them eventualy don't worry :)

Oh wow, you were lucky. :) ;)

I'll keep my eyes open then. Thank you for your reply. :)

Which Ebays or sites should I watch most? I'm in France so I use Ebay.fr a lot and the UK ebay too. Any others I should check?

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 05:44:03 AM »
As for the HTF ponies I stalk ebay.fr and ebay.co.uk (I have most of my MOCs from France, you're lucky to live there you don't have to constantly ask if the seller ships worldwide and than use the google translator to understand their reply ;) ). Sometimes I look also at ebay.nl and ebay.be. 
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 07:23:38 AM »
As for the HTF ponies I stalk ebay.fr and ebay.co.uk (I have most of my MOCs from France, you're lucky to live there you don't have to constantly ask if the seller ships worldwide and than use the google translator to understand their reply ;) ). Sometimes I look also at ebay.nl and ebay.be.

Thanks for the tips! :D If you ever want help with a French auction, give me a shout. I'll gladly help out if I'm available. :)

Also update: I was going through the list of ponies for sale from a buyer I've bought from multiple times, and there was this sale called "G2 pony" with no picture showing up so I click on the picture and it decided to work and who do I find ... Buttercup! :D
Needless to say I bought her straight away. :D

Woooh!  :newpony: Only Curly to go now!

:D I will have pictures up soon once I get a new phone. :)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »

Thanks for the tips! :D If you ever want help with a French auction, give me a shout. I'll gladly help out if I'm available. :)

Also update: I was going through the list of ponies for sale from a buyer I've bought from multiple times, and there was this sale called "G2 pony" with no picture showing up so I click on the picture and it decided to work and who do I find ... Buttercup! :D
Needless to say I bought her straight away. :D

Woooh!  :newpony: Only Curly to go now!

:D I will have pictures up soon once I get a new phone. :)
Congrats on finding her :)
 I call  them the  G2 SLH  Super Long Hair  LOL , but you have their correct name , New Hair Features :) these 3 are awesome , I had a hard time finding Buttercup ,she was the last one I bought, I actually bought an Ebay lot of 122 ponies because she was in it and well there were more as well that I did not have and there were awesome upgrades for some of the ones I had
Well the one that came with the lot was not in great shape ,the tail was super short LOL, but I had an extra tail from one of the Changing mane and tail ponies that came with 2 sets, one of them was purple but with a yellow plug  so I exchanged the plug and voila she was good :)
Then few weeks later I saw her for sale by herself again and I bought her ,and she was an upgrade, so I sold the first one
and then I found  all 3 of them mint and complete here ,it was an auction and they came from Iceland with their cards and extra tails plus their complete accessories.
I have Curly and Buttercup Moc but not Bubble ,so i'm still hunting for her .
the places where most of mine came from are France,UK,Belgium and The Netherlands and a handful from New Zealand and Australia.
but I have gotten them from :
Finland
Poland
Sweden
Denmark
Estonia
Canada
Japan
Germany
Italy
Spain
Iceland

for me the prices get high with their international Shipping ,but you are lucky to be right were they can be found for a lot less,
Curly I paid like 25 for her, the upgrade mint complete one was 60 ,the Moc was around 50
Buttercup cost around 30-40 ,the mint one and the moc around 60 each

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:26:14 AM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal