collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what will happen to our ponies when we are no longer here?  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: what will happen to our ponies when we are no longer here?
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2014, 04:41:33 PM »
they could be taken to a good will, they could be given to younger relatives who would appreciate and cherish them, maybe i'll have them sold off at the TP and Arena to help with any funeral expenses
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:49:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 08:52:52 AM »
No one in my family knows how to sell things on Ebay, so I'll be lucky if they aren't sold at a garage sale or craig's list.   :P

There will probably be a few ponies that I will specifically to individuals for keepsakes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »
I will give the special ones to my daughter when I have her later in life, and if she don't want to keep dozens of ponies, she  can sell them for something she wants to buy. Same with a lot of my collections really.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 09:20:55 AM »
Half my family members are Pony Fiends, so I'm assuming they'll split them up. It might end up in a Thunderdome type of death match between my three youngest sisters so I hope I end up in an Afterlife where I can watch them duke it out.

:haha: Will you start a bidding pool in the afterlife for the event?

Post Merge: December 16, 2014, 09:23:17 AM

I'm gonna make a secret treasure map with riddles and such and my ponies will be hidden in some super secret locations - so after I die I'll have relatives post the map on the arena and all of you can go on an awesome quest to find my ponies.

Ya know, that actually sounds kinda cool.

To bad I'd be dead and wouldn't get to see people fight over my ponies :cool:

But seriously, probably I'll just advise a relative to sell them on ebay. I'd probably let relatives know to let some my closest pony collecting friends that they can have certain ponies. But I think ebay would be the best option for whoever ends up with all my junk.

you can't do that properly without setting a few booby traps. it's tradition :devious:
Indianna Jones and the Kingdom of the Lost Ponies
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:23:17 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
I know my family doesn't give a rip about my collections. If anything happened to me, especially now, my mother may keep one pony or Transformer as a memento, let my friends keep one or two (if some of them even care enough to remember me once I'm dead) and the rest will probably go to an auction. My parents know some of them could be worth a little something if they sold them individually but I doubt they'll want to put up with all that effort. Passing them off to children isn't going to happen. I do not like children nor do I ever want to have any of my own.

I could probably put them in a will in some way just to ensure they don't end up in the trash, especially the ones I'm really attached to. I'm also not to terribly fond of donating them somewhere, either. I'd hate to see them given to some crusty little child that's going to ruin them, Especially the G1s. x-x
Hehe you're a lot like me! I agree with the whole kid situation, don't like them don't want them. And I don't like the idea of my ponies, and restored ponies that have had loads of tlc put into them being given to a kid that doesn't give a hoot and just destroys them. Or opens vintage MIB ponies ;0;
Or worse yet, used as dog toys D:
I just don't like kids.

I'm sure my friend or mum or whoever else will sell them and enjoy the money though, and maybe keep one as a memento? They know how much they mean to me and its actually a thing I share with them.
One day I'll put them in a will and in the meantime when I get the time I'll continue with my big checklist which includes the price I paid and add the average selling price in as an estimate.

And I'll be buried with whizzer. She's been with me all this time and will be with me until the end of the earth! And maybe all my other ponies. Just bury me under a pony museum otherwise I'd probably haunt places as a rusted eyed beddy bye eye!

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
I'm hoping my collection will go from my hands, to the hands of my children, and to the hands of their children, etc. However, once I'm gone I'm gone, and what happens to them will no longer be my concern. Just hope someone out there enjoys them as much as I did.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 04:18:01 PM »
I am 30, don't have kids or a boyfriend for that matter and still live at home.  My parents will probably save them for my niece who is currently 10.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
My wife has instructions to contact a specific friend who will help her sell everything of value off. I've tried to keep a notebook and online photos of things with value, but it's hard.

Everything that has negligable/no value, the friend can keep to try and sell in lots, or can donate depending on her free time.

It's a good idea to photograph and value your items not just in case you suddenly die, but also in case you have a fire or theft loss and need help with sorting out what was lost for an insurance claim...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal